tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Gym/fitness centre in Kuching
Home away from home
From Kuching
Hey guys I need help here. I am thinking of going to Gym to build my body up a bit. But the problem is I dunno how many fitness centre are there in Kuching.

All I know Fit 4 Life and are there any others? and what is the price they charge for membership fees.

Fit 4 Life is like RM 100 p/month.

Thanks in advance for the help

Posted on: 2007/6/5 12:39

Re: Gym/fitness centre in Kuching
Webmaster
From Kuching
how about the one at Civic Cente?
I heard is quite reasonable there. and they got good equipment too.

Posted on: 2007/6/5 12:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Australia
Guy the equipments and build at home.

Fk the gyms, only gay men goes to the gym to showoff their hardwork 'mine is bigger than yours' body.

Really, all you need is that huge multi-purpose weights building machine, I don't know the specific term but they sell it in Saberkas (well few years ago).

If what you said is true, that you only want to build up your body, that is all you need, plus a couple of weight lifting equipments. They are not 'that' cheap, but in terms of long run, they should cost you cheaper than your annual membership premium at those upperlevel fitness gym.

and oh yeah, don't forget to purchase a huge mirror and put it in your room so that you can have a good look at the 'developments'

Posted on: 2007/6/5 12:55

Webmaster
From Kuching
lol edgar.

I realise that when ppl buy those machine and put at home, its always bound to have cobwebs and dust all over. I got those smartshop exercise machinese at home. and all of them are useful for being clothes hanger or a place to hang my towel. lol

So I would still think Gym is a good place for motivation and building up. Home got too much distraction.

Once you're off to the gym, then you got only one thing in mind. To get what you paid for.

I personally dun go to gym. and never did. only twice as I got pulled there by a friend.

Going to gym can be disastrous if you're not careful with your diet. It makes you look worse than ever !

Posted on: 2007/6/5 13:10

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
how about the one at Civic Cente?
I heard is quite reasonable there. and they got good equipment too.

is there a gym in civic centre?

Posted on: 2007/6/5 13:24

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

edwinlgk wrote:
is there a gym in civic centre?

if i am not mistaken, there suppose to be one there.
the library there no more. it became a gym.
try go there to check it out

Posted on: 2007/6/5 13:32

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Yea Civic centre has a pretty decent gym. If you're a member of KGS or Sarawak Club, u can consider those.

I used to be a member of Fit4life (Link). The fees are expensive, but their equipment is pretty good and new. Plus they have aerobics (if u into that sorta thing). The trainers there are very helpful and friendly too.

I prefer going to the gym too. I have one of those machines that u buy in Saberkas, I think its made in Taiwan or something. Its not very good at all - it feels very different from the professional equipment u get at a proper gym. But its certainly good if you prefer working out in private. Cause Fit4life does have some guys there that are like... 'buff' ahbengs. Haha.

Anyway I ended up goin back to the gym just cause they have better equipment, more choices, and less distraction (since I have super short attention span). I only use dumb bells at home now.

Posted on: 2007/6/5 13:45

Home away from home
From Kuching
Assuming you're not a member of KGS or Sarawak Club, you have the following options to consider:
1. Hilton - Clark Hatch, tiny gym, very expensive joining fees & monthly fees, quite a few treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights area extremely cramped.
2. Merdeka Palace - slightly bigger than Hilton, joining feees are more reasonable, not that well equipped, no lat pull-down machine.
3. Fit4life - I've never been but what TeQuiLa has stated is similar to what I've heard from friends who are/were members.
4. Gym above Java Juice - hardcore gym, no treadmills, just one recumbent bike for warming up, RM60 monthly fee. Warning - serious gym junkies only, no cardio/aerobics bunnies looking to "shed a few pounds" welcomed here.
5. Gym Masyarakat - State Government sponsored gym, cheap joining fee, good equipment, poorly managed.

Working out at home is perfectly fine, but joining a proper gym usually provides a better environment which enhances the chances of you staying on track. Also, as you get more advanced in terms of lifting weights, you'll need others to assist you in performing certain exercises, eg. spotting you for bench presses or heavy squats. Having other experienced lifters around can also minimise the chances of you hurting yourself (trust me, I'm speaking from painful experience here).

Posted on: 2007/6/5 15:27

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

TeQuiLa wrote:
Yea Civic centre has a pretty decent gym. If you're a member of KGS or Sarawak Club, u can consider those.

I used to be a member of Fit4life (Link). The fees are expensive, but their equipment is pretty good and new. Plus they have aerobics (if u into that sorta thing). The trainers there are very helpful and friendly too.

I prefer going to the gym too. I have one of those machines that u buy in Saberkas, I think its made in Taiwan or something. Its not very good at all - it feels very different from the professional equipment u get at a proper gym. But its certainly good if you prefer working out in private. Cause Fit4life does have some guys there that are like... 'buff' ahbengs. Haha.

Anyway I ended up goin back to the gym just cause they have better equipment, more choices, and less distraction (since I have super short attention span). I only use dumb bells at home now.

So fit 4 life is quite good. Was considering it. Hehe...

buff ah beng's? who cares... as long as they don't bother me..

Posted on: 2007/6/5 18:06

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

dckw wrote:
Assuming you're not a member of KGS or Sarawak Club, you have the following options to consider:
1. Hilton - Clark Hatch, tiny gym, very expensive joining fees & monthly fees, quite a few treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights area extremely cramped.
2. Merdeka Palace - slightly bigger than Hilton, joining feees are more reasonable, not that well equipped, no lat pull-down machine.
3. Fit4life - I've never been but what TeQuiLa has stated is similar to what I've heard from friends who are/were members.
4. Gym above Java Juice - hardcore gym, no treadmills, just one recumbent bike for warming up, RM60 monthly fee. Warning - serious gym junkies only, no cardio/aerobics bunnies looking to "shed a few pounds" welcomed here.
5. Gym Masyarakat - State Government sponsored gym, cheap joining fee, good equipment, poorly managed.

Working out at home is perfectly fine, but joining a proper gym usually provides a better environment which enhances the chances of you staying on track. Also, as you get more advanced in terms of lifting weights, you'll need others to assist you in performing certain exercises, eg. spotting you for bench presses or heavy squats. Having other experienced lifters around can also minimise the chances of you hurting yourself (trust me, I'm speaking from painful experience here).

Thanks for the list.

Posted on: 2007/6/5 18:11

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.