tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: CD prices
Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Not really. If the original cd of an artist that I really support and like, I'll get the original cd.

But if the artist only got one or two song that I like, then I'll just get it off Kazaa.

Posted on: 2004/6/6 17:45

Hey Guan, share something with you which is a bit out of "topic" here.

Keep on thinking the "mixing chinese traditional and modern music instrument's idea" last few days.

Try to listen to the song of "Revolution" by F.I.R (taiwanese band), my God ! think they have achieved what we try to to before...

Posted on: 2004/6/7 9:30

Home away from home
From Kuching
I hope that more people will buy original cds lor. If many people sure the price will go down one. In Taiwan, the price is only RM20 to RM30 plus ler whereas in Malaysia, damn expensive ah (RM40 to RM50 plus)! Singapore cheapest is RM30 plus lor, some got freebies lagi. And most Malaysian versions have very lousy packaging like very cheap one. That's why if I got money I'll go to Singapore buy...hehe..

If you support and like the singer, you should buy his/her original cd lar. You know how xin ku they make the albums? And yet people copy mp3 anyway they like. Is like you take all the effort to do your assignment and some people just copy from you and then all of you get the same marks! What would you feel?

Posted on: 2004/6/7 12:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Webmaster
From Kuching
Rm20-30 for original in Taiwan?
man thats original...

Come to think of it.. maybe Goverment just want to control the flow of our money to other country. Cuz there are many superstars and super musician from other countries. If not control, later currency drop.

About the mp3s, hmm true about the hardwork..
we have no right to do all that. Lols.. the PRIce made us do it.

Its like a LUXURY item that is only affordable by the people who can afford it and indirectly RICH~.

I'll love to buy original also.. but i can't afford to get all the albums i want. Among 10, i can only afford to buy 1. Where the "1" you can buy 10 un-original cd.

Even cassetes.. cost how much? RM17 ? but now Cassettes player seems obsolete and no one use them anyone. After deep influence of the use of CD's quality and convenient.

Posted on: 2004/6/7 12:31

Home away from home
From Kuching lah
who still listen to cassetes ah? i used to lah, but dunno since wen i change to cd's. for me ah, if the band i really like wan, usually buy the ori wan lah, but if jus wan to listen listen, i get those cheap 7 ringgit wan they sell at kenyalang, hahaha.

Posted on: 2004/6/7 14:49

Just popping in
did u know most CDs by international artists are made here in msia then exported to countries such as singapore? yea, and its hell much cheaper there.

RM40/50 is quite expensive. i dont buy CDs that often too coz u know la, from a moderate family. RM20 or RM25 should be ok.

if i really like a singer/band i would definitely buy the original. like my steve vai imported CD(2 CDs) cost me almost RM100. crazy? yea. worth it? definitely!

Posted on: 2004/6/7 23:03

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Just to let you all know, two days ago, I ordered a copy of Kill Hannah's cd, Fornever and Ever from Amazon.

The cd costs US$ 10.99, plus the shipping US$6.50, the whole thing after convert to RM, is RM 66.

This just shows that if your a true music fan, you will buy the original cd of the artists that you truly like and support.

This also shows that the selection of music cd's in Kuching (even KL sometimes) is very limited, that you have to resort to buying it online.

Posted on: 2004/6/8 0:08

Home away from home
From Kuching
yalor....the selection in Kuching is very limited because not many people want to buy mah. If you don't mind, I can try to check out for you at Singapore ma. There got Tower Records and HMV, wide selections of cds. Maybe cheaper also.

Posted on: 2004/6/8 1:12

Webmaster
From Kuching
Rm66?
lols.. thats even more expensive than what you buy locally..
the cd is no where to be found?

sometimes can request from them 1 ler..
then they order for u..

hmm.. the last original cd i bought was..
Metallica S/M double cd RM52
which was very back then.. form 4.. or form 5..
can't remember..

Posted on: 2004/6/8 11:30

Home away from home
From Kuching
imported cds are like that 1. Mosts cds sold in M'sia are packed in M'sia. Packaging not very nice.

Wah, you didn't buy cd for a long time liao ah?

The last cd i bought ah...He Yao Shan cd, bought it during her concert..RM30 only plus DVD and poster and a book....and Jolin VCD...RM20.

Posted on: 2004/6/8 19:33

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.