KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Tourism In Kuching
Quite a regular
Some said Kuching has nothing to offer! In fact, Kuching is boring city for youngsters but it is indeed a great to visit for foreigners. It has rich cultural and heritage values. Tourism is still a lot to offer in Kuching....it is marketing matters.....

Posted on: 2008/5/1 23:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Tourism In Kuching
Home away from home
Kuching should diversify its tourism products to cater both foreigners and youngsters. Otherwise, our tourism sector will not b grow. OUr local people who are doing the business should also change their mindset, diversify our local business and be more innovative, each of the kuching folks should responsible not to throw solid waste elsewhere and stop vandalism...., ensure security of kuching city, be more open to forign investor to allow fair competition which will lead to better products and service...Good for consumers and we entitled for that.

To be frank, Kuching has nothing compared to KK, well, I heard this from many KL and West Malaysian tourists....my reaction of course is so embarassing and fade up but it is reality...BUT what we can do is to do better and not to say nothing....wish that am the minister and change the situation in Sarawak or KUching!

Posted on: 2008/5/2 0:29

Home away from home
From Terra
KK has beaches and the highest peak in Southeast Asia. Kuching has history and at least 5 national parks within a 1 hour drive. Different market segments. Tourism in Kuching, or at least tourism promotions, I have noticed are more geared towards Europeans than West Malaysians. I see Damai Puri and Borneo Highlands advertising in magazines aimed at expats in the region and European-based magazines. West Malaysians would on the whole prefer...things other than Colonial History. A majority like shiny new shells of buildings rather than buildings and locations of historical significance.

And how does 'Tourism in Kuching' fit in the 'Movies' forum?

Posted on: 2008/5/2 8:26

Home away from home
From sarawak
it depends on how they look at it. For those west msian, they might have not visiting those natinal parks and longhouses tat always scared them..for westeners, these are challenges when travelling outbound..West msian people love the beaches as they didnt have that there.But shopping wise, we r not bad..we can classified our self as shopping heaven now.With addition 2 @3 more malls, everything will be just great..

So siamese, if they said they again, u can advice them to visit borneo highlands and batang ai for more refreshment and trill!!

Posted on: 2008/5/2 9:27

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Since they can create something like RWMF, why not they make a plunged on it? Mocha mentioned about the 5 national parks that we have and likely, link these parks together, adding more features or attractions on it.

Talk about beaches, we need to intensify the overall look. Looks like our local beaches are lack of beauty (turquoise sea), and attractions (jet ski club, beach pub, seafood restaurants - though buntal is a distance away from those renown beaches) although we have the right space of it. Hygiene issues - If am not mistaken, isn't santubong's beach toilet waste are flowed to the sea, huh?

Posted on: 2008/5/2 10:17

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
Does Sarawak has any white water stream? White Water Rafting should be popular with thrill seekers and a potential income generating industry for the operator and sarawak tourism.

And you can always combine that with Bungee Jumping, Forest Trekking, etc.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 12:19

Home away from home
From sarawak
we have it at camp permai..

Posted on: 2008/5/2 14:30

Home away from home
From Terra
There's white water rafting up in Kapit, on the Rejang, Baleh and a few more rivers up there. A few Brits I know remember Malaysia not for the twin towers but from their white water rafting experiences.

The Skrang River Safari is a worthwhile trek, as is the nature exploration trip at the Wetlands I just discovered. Mangrove and all is fun to see. The trip to Bako Park is a little adventure in itself. Where else can you go to a national park just 30km from a city via boat?

Not sure if bungee jumping would catch up here. It's fun, I can bear testament to that, but not everyone is mad enough or risk-taking enough to jump of 10 floors on a cord.

And there are toilets at Santubong beach? Never seen any there...are we talking about the beach next to the village and school?

Posted on: 2008/5/2 14:59

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

Downsouth wrote:
Does Sarawak has any white water stream? White Water Rafting should be popular with thrill seekers and a potential income generating industry for the operator and sarawak tourism.

And you can always combine that with Bungee Jumping, Forest Trekking, etc.

Good Idea.

The other day I saw a documentary they introduce Laos as their destination and wow, guess what, there are tons of water / river activities going on around and what puzzled me was the foreigner itself. Mind to say there are tons of them enjoying these activities along.... They wander on the river flowing a few hundred of metres from start to end (I think one big round), and mini acrobat jump that swings along a few metre and jump if u like that kinda thing. So exotic I'd say! Besides, they can even stop by the riverside and grab a glass of beer and continue on the flow. wow! cool huh!

Posted on: 2008/5/2 18:36

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
anyone can recommend white water rafting in Sarawak? it sounds interesting & I maybe tempted to try it around June or July. is it available during that time? seems at Kuching, most the tourism business more for outsider westerners, & not so inviting for local people. (maybe just me who think this)...

Posted on: 2008/5/2 19:23

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]