New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: China technology and standard today is higher and going faster than m'sia?
Just can't stay away
From kuching sarawak
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
Quote:

invisible wrote:
no I ain't just a story from friend been China, What do u think?

try going there if u have the chance.
I just say that I will stay there if I have a chance.

oh are u? but some places in thr still very poor like country side, so if i have a chance for visiting which part in China u recomended?

Posted on: 2007/1/27 10:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
Quote:
some places in thr still very poor like country side, so if i have a chance for visiting which part in China u recomended?
doesn't it seems like people will ask this Question about Malaysia too? "some places in thr still very poor like country side, so if i have a chance for visiting which part in Malaysia u recomended?"
Anyway, depends on your purpose. if you like beautiful scenery, visit JiuZaiGou during autumn around Nov.

Posted on: 2007/1/27 10:23

Home away from home
From miri
Let's just generalize the areas to the most modern from both countries, and start from there. Because if we're going to be comparing kampungs to villages and undeveloped lands and corruption, I think China will win that one too by sheer volume.

Malaysia isn't moving forward fast enough, limited by their own imposed regulations. It's sort of like participating in a 400 meter race, and be celebrating happily about actually finishing the race although overtaken by countless others.

A nice comparison would be South Korea. Back when Malaysia first became independant it was among the best country in S.E. Asia and probably ahead of South Korea by a considerable margin in terms of growth and industrials. Look at S. Korea today (just give you three hints: "Samsung", "Hyundai", "LG"...)

Posted on: 2007/1/27 10:39

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
No need to look further la. Look down to Singapore already no fight. in terms of doing business & development.
As for the South Korean, they have the right attitude. etc. & also the Korean drama "Da Cang Jin" was translated into 17 languages (last I heard).
we never see these type of phenomena in Malaysia. today I think people most care about is who got those open tender custom confiscated cars. probably some datuk will get that new S class benz.

Posted on: 2007/1/27 10:59

Home away from home
From miri
I'd compare Singapore, but some people will say its not a good comparison because Singapore is small. So I chose a bigger country, S. Korea.

Posted on: 2007/1/27 11:08

Home away from home
From Kedah
Quote:

deadpoet wrote:
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
well at least its 1 nation 1 race.

China - Chinese
Korea - Koreans
Japan - Japanese

Malaysia?

Malaysian Chinese, Malays, Malaysian Indian, Sarawak Natives, and whole lot more. And worse of all, there is a rule that divide us all.. the classification of Bumi and Non-Bumi . So as long as the classification exist, there can never be a honest unity among Malaysians.

I'm 100% behind you on this!

can u all gerenti that honest-unity will exist among malaysians if
class bumi-non bumi not exist??

i think it will be almost the same..the real unity come from
our heart..your desire..your passion..

i got many good frens-chinese/indian/iban/kadazan(sabahan)..
even between malay sarawak and malay kelantan wont be the
same as if we become selfish..just for example..

the thing is if there are malay then 2 chinese..so the chinese prefer to speak in their mother language..i noticed this..
same like indian..will speak like indian...

so dont start to say something like bumi-non bumi..
coz nampak mcm 'perkauman'..
i like the way now..
we can leave together..happily..not like native in Australian,
black man in USA...or any other country...

Posted on: 2007/1/27 13:04

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

can u all gerenti that honest-unity will exist among malaysians if
class bumi-non bumi not exist??

I cannot gurantee that either. I still don't understand the point of classification. is it good or bad? I don't know. Well I dare not to talk much about it either. My lips are sealed.

Think this way, how would you like to be classified as non-bumi?

Maybe in some way good also lah ^__^

Posted on: 2007/1/27 13:45

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
Quote:

ian wrote:
I'd compare Singapore, but some people will say its not a good comparison because Singapore is small. So I chose a bigger country, S. Korea.
i think some people looking south, then think need to look up. :P anyway, singapore serves as a better example because it's multi-racial, does size really matters? Korea are just korean. they only speak one language. like the existance of comment here about "malay then 2 chinese". if in korea, this won't be discuss, we would be discussing how to make better.

Posted on: 2007/1/27 14:03

Home away from home
From miri
Quote:

Resuree wrote:
Quote:

ian wrote:
i think some people looking south, then think need to look up. :P anyway, singapore serves as a better example because it's multi-racial, does size really matters? Korea are just korean. they only speak one language. like the existance of comment here about "malay then 2 chinese". if in korea, this won't be discuss, we would be discussing how to make better.

You're right, size doesn't matter much, but I've met people who if you compare Singapore will argue that because Singapore is small, it's all easier to manage than Malaysia. So I always choose S.Korea and that shuts them up. Remember that we're talking about comparisons to progress in society, commercial and industrial..

Koreans speak different languages too (mainly Japanese or Mandarin other than Korean but are less common), and do have other races living within (just not as much). But this point isn't much relevant..

Posted on: 2007/1/27 15:02

Not too shy to talk
True, China's technology and standard are higher and going faster than us, but that doen't speak for the people. Technology and western standards are getting too fast for most chinese to catch up. Despite all them techs and western clothes, they are still chinese to the core. Can we say the same of us, Malaysian? We are rojak to the core becos of the mixture in our different cultures. A lot of people from other countries, yes, even developed countries, are facinated with us. They are amazed that in one conversation, we can switch from one language to another, and in one language, one dialet to another. How many countries can do that?

Posted on: 2007/1/27 17:27

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.