tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Digital Camera RM1000 or Less
Home away from home
From kuciang
...the panasonic lumix TZ3 makes me "lau hau sui"(drool) but i think its more than the RM1000 mark.almost all-in-one with lens 28mm-280mm(10x optic) & high ISO3200.my Leicadak(kodak) barrel jammed,,*sob..*

Posted on: 2007/2/10 14:22

Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

Fantasi wrote:
Quote:

edgar wrote:
If you stop talking like a Sarawakian nigga, then probably you will get more help.

yes..i just made a comparison by looking to their spesicication only..dont misjudge me..maybe someone here bought new digital cam/or by experience and can suggest me..magazne/internet/blog/company comparison is not as good as consumer experince by using such digital cam..
maybe the pics quality differ from screen/or battery problem etc

"Do you know that even Koreans DON'T buy Samsung?"<---so why someone should told me like this?

Specs comparison don't do justice, they are just nice word prints. Usually brags more in the spec list than what they can actually do.

You really have to put your hands on the camera to really make comparison and justification.

And it gets even harder when you want to compare the true picture quality from the LCD preview screen on the camera and when you view it from the screen of your computer.

It may look perfect in the big bright decieving LCD screen on the camera, but when you actually view the image from an even bigger screen of your computer, it may look different.

Even when you have them printed out, it look even more different, pretty much difference from the point where you view it from the LCD preview screen, to the print version.

Like what my review actually proved that the images that I took from my Nikon S9 looked perfect from the camera's LCD, it looked well exposed, nice contrast and WB, but when I transferred it to my laptop, it is actually underexposed.

But well, that is the problem with digital compact camera due to their small chip used, no photos will actually look good. So that is the compromise that you will have to take in.

Posted on: 2007/2/10 15:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

Fantasi wrote:
Quote:

edgar wrote:

And from what I can tell, you have already, and pretty much , set your eyes on the Samsung. So if you feel like that is the best camera that suits you, then get it and don't care what other people have to say about the brand you are getting.

We are just merely suggesting anyway.....

okay..this is a very good advice..thanks.
btw i'm not set my eyes on samsung yet..
before, i use canon powershot..still ok, 3.2Mp hehe

peace..all TQ..

Any Canon Powershot will be better than Samsung. Powershot has better function and take better photographs than the IXUS line, but the problem is, they are generally larger in size, because they use bigger chip and they are powered by AA batteries.

Good but not so compact.

Posted on: 2007/2/10 15:11

Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

ahfeiko wrote:
...the panasonic lumix TZ3 makes me "lau hau sui"(drool) but i think its more than the RM1000 mark.almost all-in-one with lens 28mm-280mm(10x optic) & high ISO3200.my Leicadak(kodak) barrel jammed,,*sob..*

Again, don't be fooled by the nicely printed figures on paper

Try it out and you will find out that by ISO3200, the photos are basically useless. I think, based from my experience, any small digital cameras, wheather, compact or prosumer, as long as it is not DSLR, one should never use ISO400 and above, anything above will be too noisy to be even worth considering.

And what is the use of 10x optical zoom? you get dark and noisy picture at that level as well, so most of the time, you won't even want to get there.

28mm is pretty good I must say, wide enough for general use, but the Lumix has never really have a good reputation or ratings anyway. And they don't look attractive at all

Posted on: 2007/2/10 15:14

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
canon has the lowest noise compare among all digital camera.

Posted on: 2007/2/12 0:03

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
i have a friend using samsung, picture under bright light looks okay. night picture noisy.

i am using Lumix FX7 now (size slim easy to carry around, can shoot like OO7), however pics i took are noisy under those normal "circumstances". hmmm... i prefered back my clumsy canon la.

So for digital camera, i will definitely support Canon. Next, maybe Sony... other brand, it's either too expensive for me or their reputation as a camera maker is so established.

Posted on: 2007/2/12 0:11

Home away from home
From Australia
Sony(s) are not cheap, their Memory Stick is even more expensive. Although having a good and reputable lens, Carl Zeiss, but the processor itself is not doing the best job.

When we talk about noisy picture, we are talking about taking photographs without flash. So under 'normal circumstances', normally the camera will tell itself to fire the flash, so that it can use lower ISO to eliminate noises.

So my best advise to you, when purchasing these small compact digital camera is, to always set the 'Flash' mode to automatic so that it will fire the flash when necessary :)

Forget about taking photographs without flash and set higher ISO to compensate for the underexposure, cause no matter what, they will going to be noisy for anything above ISO200

Posted on: 2007/2/12 6:12

Home away from home
From Kedah
hmm..brandnew casio
exilim Z700 i think less than RM1000 (RM999)...what do u think guys about casio brand?

Posted on: 2007/2/12 9:14

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

Fantasi wrote:
hmm..brandnew casio
exilim Z700 i think less than RM1000 (RM999)...what do u think guys about casio brand?
..Casio digicam can gets slimmer & slimmer but the price tag is not very compatiable to its specs ..i still loves lumix tz3 but the noice is still apparent when you blow up a low light pic - i loves pic without flash,it tells a lot of stories

Posted on: 2007/2/12 14:48

Home away from home
From Kuching
I'm a Nikon fan. I will tell you to buy Nikon if I have not heard Panasonic. The Leica words just attracted me a lot; even Nikon cannot say he's No.1. Some may say Panasonic so so bcoz of their feature but the glass element used...what more can I say.

Canon, well not my type but they really produce a lot of good cam, thanks to their firmware and software designer.

Overall the most important hint to choose is what you want from your camera. Feel them and make ur decision. If budget problem, save a little more lor... Since you mentioned about 6mp, then from my understanding here is you like the Quality. I will suggest Panasonic here.

Posted on: 2007/2/13 0:09

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.