tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Talks on suspended AirAsia flights from Kuching
Home away from home
From Kuching
AirAsia offers 5,000 free Kuching-Singapore seats

KUCHING: Low-cost carrier AirAsia is offering 5,000 free seats on its new Kuching-Singapore route that starts next month.

Tickets for the route went on sale on the airline's website on midnight Wednesday with the free seats available for booking between now and Oct 19.

AirAsia chief executive Datuk Tony Fernandes said the Kuching-Singapore route would be a huge boost to tourism in Sarawak.

"We're currently doing a very aggressive marketing campaign in Singapore and our first flight will be on Nov 1.

"We will start with one flight a day and from March onwards we will increase the frequency," he said at a media briefing here yesterday.

On the Kuching-Macau flight, which will be suspended on Oct 26 due to low passenger load, Fernandes said AirAsia would look into reinstating it in three months' time.

"We will work closely with the Sarawak Tourism Board to promote the state to Macau and south China and we hope to reinstate this route within the next two to three months," he said.

He also announced that AirAsia will increase the frequency of its Kuala Lumpur-Bintulu route from seven to 11 flights a week and Kuching-Bintulu from seven to 14 flights weekly beginning Oct 26.

Meanwhile, state Urban Development and Tourism Minister Datuk Michael Manyin welcomed the new route to Singapore, saying it would boost connectivity and help bring in more tourists to the state.

To further develop the tourism industry, he said Sarawak's tourism authorities would work with their Sabah counterparts to jointly promote the two states.

"For example, we will promote Mulu and Mount Kinabalu together as both have been listed as Unesco World Heritage Sites.

"We will also promote our indigenous festivals together, with plans for tourists to go to Sabah, first for Kaamatan, before continuing on to Sarawak for Gawai Dayak," he said.

Source @ The Star

Posted on: 2008/10/9 8:30

Home away from home
From Boston
having live chat is the best thing in the world!

Posted on: 2008/10/9 9:03

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

fergie wrote:
having live chat is the best thing in the world!

Patience..

Posted on: 2008/10/9 12:20

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Terra
Well, not sure if it was caused by the talks, but at least there's some light at the end of the tunnel. No outright cancellation, just a suspension for 3 months, a.k.a. until further notice. Oh well.

And yes, Downsouth's email makes sense. Assuming his flight is one week from now, that would be on 16 October; whereas the cancellation for Kuching-Macau will only start two weeks from now, around 26 October.

Posted on: 2008/10/9 12:45

Home away from home
Quote:

bytez wrote:
@Downsouth : Wow, you've gone through those frustrations. I understand your feelings. And yeah, why not PNK-CGK-CAN? I mean it save your hassle. Or perhaps it's far too expensive than PNK-KCH-MFM? Maybe I'll suggest Airasia to have LIVE CHAT 24/7. BY then you can reach their customer service directly via web browser....

bytez, yes it was frustrating. It create uncertainty and force you to decide on how to minimise loses. I cancelled my hongkong hotel bookings and have to bear a penalty charge. My brother cancelled his trip and have to bear the PNK - KCH airfare penalty. But the Macau and GZ hotels are uncancellable (I have to pay 1 night accomodation each, and they are at inflated rate of RMB790 and HKD900 due to peak season). So in the end, I am partly confused and partly glad they re-instated the flight.

But it makes me think, does the low cost concept really worth it?

Posted on: 2008/10/9 15:46

Home away from home
I suggest, KCH-MFM direct and on the return, MFM-SIN-KUCHING or MFM-BKK-KCH

Posted on: 2008/10/9 17:33

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
I got his feeds today.
Well, hope they can improve the current situation.

Attach file:

jpg  feeds.jpg (174.84 KB)
1391_48edfc8b78d5f.jpg 993X737 px

Posted on: 2008/10/9 20:44

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Terra
They gave my friend the same email in March when she sent an even more sternly written, sometimes hostile but veiled in flowery words, email. I believe that if the call-centre is truly 24/7, it would work in their benefit, like Malaysia Airlines, provided that they man it well, and complaints are quickly addressed at the click of a button and not making twists and turns left-right-and-centre.

Posted on: 2008/10/9 20:49

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
i once call up the airasia (not just once..) the staffs just... cannot make it want. but at least the did not give me some colourface to see over the phone. you can scold them but they just "duuuhhhhh.... sorry i cannot help you"...

Posted on: 2008/10/9 20:53

Just popping in
Today newspaper mentioned about Air Asia will consider to continue the kuching to macau flight.

But Asia Asia really got problem, Last time i check the flight time from kuching to sibu start from november 2008 change to evening, then now change back to morning, Bintulu also. Last time checked, start from nov 2008 change to afternoon. But now change back to evening.

I felt bad because i thought the flight to sibu is in friday evening, so i book it on friday. Usually i book on saturday. Now change to friday morning, i have to work on friday la.... Hope they can change for me. Tomorrow call the guest support. Hope they answer the phone. Don let me wait for long time and no body answer.

Posted on: 2008/10/9 21:52

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.