KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Mobile Internet in Kuching
Just can't stay away
Streamyx sux like a vacuum cleaner, and gives an internet connection that is very similar to what you might expect from a vacuum cleaner, rather than a "broadband" modem.

Still, if you stand on one leg, put your finger up your nose and check your splitter, then suddenly... it's exactly the same.

I have the most checked splitter in history. No-one, except the entire population of Kuching that has ever used Streamysux, has checked their splitter more often than me.

Am I the only one who, upon being asked "How can I help you today?" wants to scream "Gimme a freaking internet connection!!" down the phone?

After all, they are never slack at collecting the bill. The bill system is fast and reliable, unlike everything else.

I am seriously considering the Celcom wireless thing - but can you use it anywhere in Kg, or only certain parts?

W.

Posted on: 2009/4/11 6:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kota Samarahan
Quote:

stormpike wrote:
Okay, I have decided to go back to Kuching to get a general feel about my hometown after many years away. First thing first, I need access to Internet, preferably on my laptop with VPN to my company's network.

Can anyone tell me or advise me how do I go about with such connection in Kuching? I have 56k modem back in Kuching but it is too slow for any serious work. I need wifi/wimax/3g/hsdpa equivalent but I don't want to sign up for a year service. I want only Internet access for a month. Is there any prepaid mobile Internet mobile broadband single in Kuching? Which provider? I prefer using wifi. I have 802.11g UK channels. I hope the signal would not intefere with the Malaysian frequency.

Yes wiggles, you can rely ion celcom broadband. Only, it wil go suck when after and when in some places in Kuching and Samarahan. But, i m sure that Kuching is okay. Prepaid? Celcom hav 1...

Posted on: 2009/4/11 10:29

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
yesterday internet connection was much better. only took me 7 hours to download my email rather than 10. i see improvement.

Posted on: 2009/4/11 14:03

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
for mobile internet are you refering to the one using cellphone connection?

Posted on: 2009/4/11 14:06

Just can't stay away
if you have a 3G phone and a laptop which have a internal bluetooth, you buy Celcom prepaid simcard.
Then you suscribe to Celcome 3G Broadband Weekly by dially *118# (you can ask the shop where you buy the simcard to do it).
by using the phone as your modem, you connect it to your computer via bluetooth and voila! wifi line!!!!

Posted on: 2009/4/12 19:23

Home away from home
Great idea. Thanks

Posted on: 2009/4/13 2:38

Quite a regular
From Kuching
by using cell phone, it will depend on the how long your cellphone battery can be last. The amount of the data being transacted or carries will affect the battery standby time too....

Posted on: 2009/4/13 8:03

Just can't stay away
you're welcome stormpike...

yes, the standby time might get affected but there is no harm if you charge your phone at the same time you are using it as your modem via bluetooth.

plus, stormpike will use the method at home office; correct me if i'm wrong. so as for AC power will be no problem.

plus, the data transfer rate will not affect between the phone and the laptop since the speed of Bluetooth 2.0 is 2Mbps.

Even the basic speed of 3G in kuching is 384Kps and the fastest is *i doubt it* 1.8Mbps.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 13:21

Just can't stay away
if you have any problem to connect your phone to your laptop via bluetooth, don't feel hesitate to ask me.

plus, you'll save around RM500 because if you subscribe to Celcom Broadband via postpaid, you have to buy the data modem.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 13:36

Home away from home
From Kota Samarahan
I am using postpaid celcom broadband. I connect it with my Desktop Computer. So, now i want to connect my desktop computer with my Laptop via bluetooth so that i can use the internet with my laptop as well with my desktop pc. I did connect them via bluetooth via PAN (Personal Area Network), they are connected successfully, but i cant connect the internet to my laptop.... How huh?

Posted on: 2009/4/13 14:44

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]