Posted on: 2005/10/4 17:14

Re: [Question] The Legend of the Red Curse
Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

driftbaby wrote:
showing on the 6 of october rite

Yep.

And since I'm here, I attach a photo from the gala screening on Monday. That's William Mawan meeting the cast.

Attach file:

jpg  pix 009.jpg (37.81 KB)
136_4343264a4da5f.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2005/10/5 9:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Webmaster
From Kuching
eh what happen to the movie ah?
at 1st they plan to launch in June rite.
then somehow got delayed.

i realise the changes, now of the cast member is not in there anymore. the name is Gary. one of the main actor inside?
what happen?

Posted on: 2005/10/5 12:33

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Heard that he backed out.
Another rumour is that he just couldn't fit in the movie.
Really don't know ;p that's what I heard ppl said. The real reason, ask him personally. He's the one from Infor right? Or the other one?

Posted on: 2005/10/5 21:11

Webmaster
From Kuching
yea the one from infor. my ex classmate.
heh.. too bad then

Posted on: 2005/10/5 22:29

Home away from home
which 1 which 1? Hey, Smyth Wong - Debut Fashion Show featuring Amber Chia, and a young model(Initial D Fashion Show) is in the show too

Posted on: 2005/10/6 7:58

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
I've seen it last night. Will post the review later.

Attach file:

jpg  redcurse.jpg (70.39 KB)
254_4345ff93b71f6.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2005/10/7 12:54

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
The audience:
Damn... watch the movie! Don't talk talk talk. Even if it's not up your taste. You must respect others in there too. Keep your comments to yourself and don't ask ppl about the ending of it. No one knows! If you want to guess go ahead and guess and no need to tell anyone. I'm not interested to know ur ending, no one does! Also... what the f*** that u couldn't reach the cinema on time and came in late in a big group summore, then you should just watch the later ones. All I could see was ur bodies and heads! Damn it! Shut up your mouth and also your handphone, don't u know how to set it to vibrate or silent mode then letting it rang at the top of the volume. I know I did talk too but lower down ur voice! The whole movie u're talking and talking and talking. Yea yea... everyone knows it's Bau, it's Court House, it's Batang Ai blah blah blah... but if you want to talk, keep it down, no need talk so loud. You know how to whisper or not? You don't know? Then I guess I have to throw u the bloody Whisper to teach u to whisper!

Also we don't need your extra sound effects! The actors and actresses were panting in exhaustion and moan in pain and you don't need to add in your effect as if u're having an orgasm or something. It sucks! Also... the guys sitting in the front row of us, enough of you guys coming in late and blocked my view, the fatso not only block my view, then halfway towards the movie, he actually yelled to his friends at the other end of the row, "Eh!!! Ai d'ng boi?!?!?" (Eh... want to go back already?). Damn it! Shut up will you? And your handphone light is annoying, shone it into my eyes summore!

The movie:
It's our first locally produced movie. I didn't expect much from it. Just to see our locally produced movie being shown in the cineplexes everywhere is a very encouraging sign.

The movie... well... need lots of improvement. The movie is short too, 1 hour 15 minutes or less. The editting is too much till the whole storyline is blurred. The lighting is not good, it causes the scene to be dark and couldn't see the faces clearly. The dubbing of voices were not constant and it didn't blend well into the movie, as if it's a seperate entity. The screen quality is not good. The actors and actresses were quite stiff well... I don't blame them coz it's their first time, good efforts done. Some of the camera angles were not quite right.

The only good part was the little ghost LOL... he's really scary. He got two blacked eyes, we said it's punched by somebody because he's naughty LOL...

Here's the story from the Official website:
The Little Red Ghost ...
According to legend, he was born in 1942. He lost his parents during the Japanese war. After that, he lived alone in a cave, hiding himself from the outside world. Wearing a mask and a red loin cloth, he would go out at night to steal food from the nearby village, thus, earning him the name the 'Little Red Ghost'.
One night, he was trapped and captured by the villagers. He was tortured and died the night after. His body was burned and his remains was placed in a 'tempayan' and buried in his cave. The villagers believed that this would stop his spirit from spreading bad omens. They were happy because the Little Red Ghost would not be stealing from them anymore.
Then one day ...
An archaeologist finds the mask of The Little Red Ghost.
And the legend continues ...

It started with a group of students doing their project and embarked on a journey to the longhouse to do research. There, they met the bad guys that wanted to hurt the girls. In the bid of escaping from them, they ran into the jungle. From then on started all the horrors. The masked man and the Little Red Ghost. Long story cut short, one girl (Lisa, casted by Renai) and one boy (JJ, casted by Dominic) died and also the 2 bad guys. At the end of the story, the masked man is actually the missing archaeologist and it's Sanny's (casted by Sanny) father. The other two survivors are Sanny's brother (Ah Wan, casted by Kelvin) and Sanny's friends (Nick, casted by Smyth).

It should be a better one but after they changed the script, the whole thing just didn't fall into the right place. That's what I think. If only the first version is maintain I think it will be better. Too many scences being cut off I guess and make the whole movie seemed hanging here and there and the whole story wasn't smooth. Oh well... keep it up. Hopefully you guys do a better work in the upcoming movie. I heard it's a love story that will be starred by Amber Chia. Not confirmed yet.

*Cross-posted in my blog*

Posted on: 2005/10/7 23:22

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.