Attach file:

jpg  2.jpg (13.28 KB)
1_42dbab390ea72.jpg 400X300 px

Posted on: 2005/7/18 21:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: War of the Worlds
Home away from home
From Kuching lah
hmm, after watching it(at the movies), i still din quite get how all the aliens die leh?? izit like God made everytin balance, so all those micro organisms in the water droplets on the leaves, which are also in our body, in turn kill the ariens without them even knowing it??? i jus tell myself thats how it is lah, hahahhaa, though i need someone to confirm on this.

Posted on: 2005/7/19 17:59

Webmaster
From Kuching
wat the heck is the movie trying to tell us?
earth is very polluted that even aliens can't stand it?
lol

Posted on: 2005/7/19 21:08

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
LOL... i tot it died becoz one of it died and the rest also died hahahaah...

Posted on: 2005/7/19 22:30

Home away from home
From Kuching lah
the lightning thing was kewl. i mean how the ariens went into the spaceship. but how the spaceships were all down there for all this time without us knowing is jus plain bulls***. how com can be soo stoopid meh?? make u s luk so dumb, esp the US, hahahha. wat a powerful and strong country, got sumtin under their own soil oso dunno, kakaka.

i tink the ending was done that s***ily bcos mebe spielberg tot, his intro and post intro too long that it took up toooooo much showing time. so he had to jus kill of the alien mysteriously and jus let us viewers figure it out ourselves. i tink thats the reason, hahahaha. who agree????

Posted on: 2005/7/20 14:15

Home away from home
From Kuching
Hahaha... have to give this storyline a break... I believe it was the first alien science fiction written. Therefore forgive the writer for not having much imagination.

Posted on: 2005/7/20 15:51

Just can't stay away
i dont think spielberg left the ending for us to figure out how the alien died laaa.... it was clearly explained in the end where the narrator tells evryone that human are already immuned to bacterias/microorganism..whereas the alien dont...thats why all those alien died... cannot fight bacterias....
but still, it was a cool movie....

Posted on: 2005/7/20 18:19

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Did it mention about it? LOL... I guess so.. maybe I've missed out on it ;p ahhaha... coz all i can remember was at the end, the narrator did say something but I couldn't get what he said clearly AHAHaH...

Posted on: 2005/7/20 21:34

Not too shy to talk
Quote:

stroker wrote:
i dont think spielberg left the ending for us to figure out how the alien died laaa.... it was clearly explained in the end where the narrator tells evryone that human are already immuned to bacterias/microorganism..whereas the alien dont...thats why all those alien died... cannot fight bacterias....
but still, it was a cool movie....

well actually, the intro of the movie already hinted the ending. the intro refers to Darwin's Theory of Evolution (read: http://www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com/). and yep, basically the alien species has yet to adapt to Earth's environment - mostly because it takes thousands of years to evolve - and that's why they just drop dead. they are not immune to the bacterias, which are 'alien' to these aliens as well, if you get what i mean.

yeah, this sounds like a science lesson. heh :p

Posted on: 2005/7/20 23:04

Home away from home
From Kuching
I think a lot of people find the ending a bit anti-climatic and/or confusing because a Shiny Hero Figure didn't swoop out of the sky to Save The Day accompanied by Many Huge Explosions. There's nothing wrong with the story except that it's not the typical "Hollywood" most people are used to.

Earth saved from big scary aliens with their death rays by single cell organisms instead of by Tom Cruise with some deus ex machina secret weapon? Inconceivable! ;)

Posted on: 2005/7/20 23:45

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]