tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Digital Camera RM1000 or Less
Home away from home
From miri
http://www.dpreview.com is a good place for camera comparisons.

Posted on: 2007/2/13 0:17

Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

Fantasi wrote:
hmm..brandnew casio
exilim Z700 i think less than RM1000 (RM999)...what do u think guys about casio brand?

As I had said before in the other review, the Casio has no view finder, hence, you are relying solely on the LCD screen itself, but at the same time, the LCD screen is crap!

The image colour taken by the camera is totally wrong! Which is why I commented on the White Balance of the camera which is not its strong point.

The only good point about this camera is the build construction, other than that, don't buy Casio.

Posted on: 2007/2/13 6:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

ahfeiko wrote:
Quote:

Fantasi wrote:
hmm..brandnew casio
exilim Z700 i think less than RM1000 (RM999)...what do u think guys about casio brand?
..Casio digicam can gets slimmer & slimmer but the price tag is not very compatiable to its specs ..i still loves lumix tz3 but the noice is still apparent when you blow up a low light pic - i loves pic without flash,it tells a lot of stories

I know it tells a lot of stories especially when you are trying to take photos so that it look as close to natural. But it is really hard to do it in the small compact camera.

Which is why people pay tenth of thousands of dollar to buy DSLR with good lenses and good flash light kits. Even with flash, the photos can look as close to natural as possible.

In photography world, as much as people want to object this opinion, but, money matters.

Posted on: 2007/2/13 6:39

Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

chinchze wrote:
I'm a Nikon fan. I will tell you to buy Nikon if I have not heard Panasonic. The Leica words just attracted me a lot; even Nikon cannot say he's No.1. Some may say Panasonic so so bcoz of their feature but the glass element used...what more can I say.

Canon, well not my type but they really produce a lot of good cam, thanks to their firmware and software designer.

Overall the most important hint to choose is what you want from your camera. Feel them and make ur decision. If budget problem, save a little more lor... Since you mentioned about 6mp, then from my understanding here is you like the Quality. I will suggest Panasonic here.

Panasonic sure have its own fan here. I am not really sure about the quality of images taken by the Panasonic due to the following reasons:

- Their compact camera is not cheap in its range
- Their design is so outdated
- They do not produce slim and small camera (as what the topic starter wanted)

Because of the above reasons, I couldn't be bothered to try it out.

Posted on: 2007/2/13 6:46

Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

ian wrote:
http://www.dpreview.com is a good place for camera comparisons.

I've used that website many of a time but at the end of the day, what I decided has got no relation with the help from the website.

If you want to find out information on a particular model or brand, go to that website.

If you want to do comparison test, you can, but their results page or models lineup choices are limited, and the comparison engine are very very bias to Canon :)

They don't do reviews on all cameras, only the more expensive cameras such as the top model Canon which to me, is not worth getting.

They leave the rest of the reviews to customer's feedback/opinions. Which is a pain in the arse to read because anyone can just post up their opinions, and you get a thousand different reviews and opinions and comments which you don't even know which one you should trust.

The best comparison technique in the world, is to get your own hands on the selection of cameras, spend a lot of time, doesn't matter if it's one hour or two (that is how long I took), and do the comparison test yourself.

That is, if you are really serious about getting one, don't just go for fun ride, that will pissed the salesperson off. I am sure if you are the salesperson and you have been serving the same person for the last 1-2hours and he ended up, 'just want to try', you will be pissed off as well.

If you really just want to try out first, walk in and talk to the salesperson about your budget, what you are after and tell them that, you just want to try them out TODAY, and have no intentions yet to purchase one today.

The last time I went to purchase my camera, I did a comparison test as well and this is what I told them when I walked in:

"I am looking for a digital compact camera, small in size, preferably can fit in basically any pockets. I am not looking at spending more than AUD$400."

"No Sony, no Olympus, no Fujifilm, because I only want one that uses SD memory card."

Once they know what you are after, it makes the job one hell easier. They will be pleased to make recommendations around all the available choices, and best of all, you can haggle, because they will think that "This guy know what he wants, not an easy target"

I am not joking or making myself look good, but if you want to haggle, you gotta know what you are after first. Every sales is a profit, there is no such thing as "I am selling you at dealer price" because if that is the case, they might as well just close down the shop and sell you at the dealership price.

So, anything can be haggled, otherwise, ask them to throw in something for a special price.

Posted on: 2007/2/13 6:58

Home away from home
From canada
Try http://www.steves-digicams.com. Read up then like Edgar said.....go check them out and physically put your choices thru the motions to ensure their performances match your requirements. You'll be surprise how every digicam differs in every aspect.

Posted on: 2007/2/13 12:55

Home away from home
From miri
Depends on your own preference really. Brand features and picture output in terms of exposure and color don't really matter much to me as I can easily fix photos with Photoshop and some basic know-how in using cameras.

What really does bug me however is that some anti-noise features in cameras are because they compensate with blurring - others, like Sony is a most fine example, got its fan base from its 'ease of use' and 'compatibility' with other Sony products.

Edgar has a point - you choose one based on your feel and preference. However certain choices such as ease of warranty exchange and battery choice do create a difference.

Posted on: 2007/2/13 15:08

Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

ian wrote:
Depends on your own preference really. Brand features and picture output in terms of exposure and color don't really matter much to me as I can easily fix photos with Photoshop and some basic know-how in using cameras.

What really does bug me however is that some anti-noise features in cameras are because they compensate with blurring - others, like Sony is a most fine example, got its fan base from its 'ease of use' and 'compatibility' with other Sony products.

Edgar has a point - you choose one based on your feel and preference. However certain choices such as ease of warranty exchange and battery choice do create a difference.

Most entry-level or beginner, don't know how to use Photoshop, as the program itself is not easy to master, except only when you use the basic adjustments settings.

but most people who buy this sort of cameras, would want to point-shoot-print. That's all they do.

Like I said before, anti-noise, anti-blur, anti-shake, image-stabiliser and the rest, do not work in the small compact camera.

yes you are right, most important thing when purchasing a compact camera is its ease of use function.

For example my Nikon S9, you got to have a pouch for it before you even slip it into your pocket. Otherwise, this thing might switch itself on with a slight movement of push around the power button.

Not only that, if you are a person with big fat flat fingers, you might find that the zoom control are actually not that easy to use. But since I bought that for my gf, it doesn't really matter to me.

Well, since like the topic starter has not been saying anything, I think he is busy trying out all the cameras out there

Posted on: 2007/2/14 7:15

Home away from home
From canada
Or he's so scared out of his wits and absolutely confused by your 'ultra- technological' data that he's staying with film cameras! Typical of newbies...they are extra extra cautious.

p.s. My prognosis....canon powershot is perhaps the best in the moderate-prized range. Easy P & S or manual settings. Excellent images. However, their SD models aren't too good with red-eye reduction. The forerunner A series are the best.

Posted on: 2007/2/14 7:28

Home away from home
From Kedah
hi..all..thanks for your comments/sggestions/advice..
i'm going to buy new digicam tomorrow..

----ohhh....no idea

Posted on: 2007/2/15 0:41

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.