tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Upcoming Movies
Webmaster
From Kuching
Just finished watching The Incredibles..
not bad i guess. some part were pretty amusing. A whole family of super heroes.

They were famous super heroes and eventually got shutdown by the goverment cuz doing too much damages to the city and the city filling up law suit against them. So they need kept their identity secretly and living as normal citizen.

Showing their normal lifes with the use of super powers. In the end they get to become superheroes again. Well not going to spoil the whole story by posting about it. Just go ahead and watch.

Its good enough to kill some bored braincells in lazing around in your head.

Posted on: 2004/11/28 21:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Upcoming Movies to hit the Theater near you
Webmaster
From Kuching
Yeah Kung Fu Hustle is coming up on the 23rd of December !!
check out the official website!

http://www.kungfuhustle.com/index_en.php

or a short sypnosis here:

Set amid the chaos of pre-revolutionary China, small time thief, Sing, aspires to be one of the sophisticated and ruthless Axe Gang whose underworld activities overshadow the city.

Stumbling across a crowded apartment complex aptly known as ?Pig Sty Alley,? Sing attempts to extort money from one of the ordinary locals, but the neighbors are not what they appear. Sing?s comical attempts at intimidation inadvertently attract the Axe Gang into the fray, setting off a chain of events that brings the two disparate worlds face-to-face.

As the inhabitants of the Pig Sty fight for their lives, the ensuing clash of kung fu titans unearths some legendary martial arts masters. Sing, despite his futile attempts, lacks the soul of a killer, and must face his own mortality in order to discover the true nature of the kung fu master.

Posted on: 2004/12/21 12:18

Watched Kung Fu Hustle yesterday at 12:15pm, that is my lunch break, lolz.... my colleague should be wondering, why i went out for lunch for about 2 1/2 hour.

It is second show in Kuching, although it is noon show, but the cinema is still 80% full.

Don't be surprise, i noticed 10% of them are Malay (with tudung) and our bumi`s friends.

About the movie... emmm... emmm... emmm... maybe i will say it this way, it might disappointed those Stephen Chow`s fans and those who look for a laugh in the movie.

Stephen Chow actually show up in the movie for less than 30 minutes (should be lar), or else how come i remember the other actors face more than him?

I am never a Stephen Chow`s fans before, but i can tell you, THIS IS THE BEST "STEPHEN" MOVIE I EVER SEEN. Perhaps it is not as funny and as "crazy" like his previous movie, maybe it will failed and disappointed you, but i just like it this way.

The movie talked alots about "Jiang-Hu", like what has showed in Tsui Hark`s movies before, such as : "The Swordsman", "Asia The Invinsible", "A Chinese Ghost Story II", "The Wicked City" and etc....

A group of Kung Fu master willing to give up their name and pride, what they wished is just a simple and normal life like others. But they forget they are always live in Jiang-Hu, and their dream will never come true.

"The more Kung Fu you learned, the more responsibility you shoud carried with you"

Can you believed this kind of thing comes from Stephen Chow`s movie? Real touching....

Posted on: 2004/12/24 9:09

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Kung Fu??? I heard my friends said that it's stupid movie. Many ppl left halfway because they said it's stupid and boring. While my friends watch it, they overheard ppl complaining then my friend almost felt asleep watching it. I don't know... I saw the advert and the trailer... well... it's really stupid I guess... never have good feeling about it and it turned out to be what I had expected ;p. No offence just my RM0.02.

Posted on: 2004/12/26 20:39

Webmaster
From Kuching
I watch the trailer and i got so excited and i can't sleep. Searching for the dvd wherever i go but its too soon to be released. Huge fan of stephen chow here.

All this movie are that way since he star in most of his films. All similiar styles and acts which you regard as "stupid". Stephen Chow forever !!! I haven watch the film and i am not going to go pessimistic about it. Even if this movie sux like what you heard. Well, its just 1/10 of his movies that sux. Nah. Still going to be a great supporter of him. Yeah ~

Posted on: 2004/12/26 21:33

Kekekekekeke... i will say... his movie is just like Durian, for those who don't like it, then they will never do. But for those who can accept it, and you will easily get addicted to it.

I am not Stephen`s fans actually. when ppl start to criticize his film after "Journey To The West 1, 2", i founded that his movie is "acceptable", at least he dun play with shxt and urxne anymore... especially when he co-operate with that Wxng Jxng guy.

Posted on: 2004/12/27 8:19

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
I like his movie but not this one I don't know why... it just didn't give me any feelings. It doesn't appeals to me at all. LOL...

Posted on: 2004/12/27 10:50

Perhaps his message in this movie is too "chim", kakakaka...

Posted on: 2004/12/27 15:10

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Maybe ahhaah... i also don't know. Anyway sure will got ppl like it.

Posted on: 2004/12/27 21:29

Yalor.... wu lang sukak hiam, wu lang sukak diam, kekekekekeke... everybody taste is different bah

Posted on: 2004/12/29 9:11

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]