tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: [Question] The Legend of the Red Curse
Webmaster
From Kuching
hiak hiak. thanks lovebell for the review.
Now i dun feel like watching the movie anymore. But i want to listen to the soundtrack though, as mention by Tarlia earlier, "wa kua tiok kui" by dream machine. Saw their live performances once at kenyalang with their hit title LPPL. lolol.

Now i am waiting for Tarlia's review. see from different opinion. tarlia tarlia? u readin this? hiak hiak

Posted on: 2005/10/8 3:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: The Legend of the Red Curse
Home away from home
From Kuching
I'm still working on my review for the paper. Very busy week for me so I barely have time to reply in forums and such. In the meantime, some of the crew are talking about it here.

Posted on: 2005/10/8 16:23

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Well... though it's not good but I think it's good to go watch it as thre are many details that i'm kinda lazy to put in. Quite busy lately so I cut short. If u are afraid of paying too much for the movie like usual RM8 or RM9, then go on Friday for the cheaper tickets. At least you can see for yourself and help our local movie here instead of listening to wat ppl said.

I'm there to really watched it but those audiences just don't seemed to respect other ppl in the room. It spoilt the whole thing.

Posted on: 2005/10/8 17:13

Just can't stay away
hehe...thats what i heard... its sad to hear our first local movie was getting such a bad feedback from the viewers...a cousin of mine was among the few who was given the chance to watch the movie for free...in return, he should give any kind of feedback and comments...
he said the movie was not scary at all.. but rather funny due to the stupidity of the storyline, the acting and the whole film.....
and it makes me wonder.. is it becos they dont have the budget to make the film?? or the budget given went elsewhere.. if its so hard, why cant just make a simple film that doesnt cost as much.. a romantic comedy, a real drama etc.. the type of movie is not really important but a good script, good actors and directors will sure make any film great...

Posted on: 2005/10/10 12:12

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
OK.. it's like tat, at first there was a huge budget for it but donno why the budget no more due to some problems so they had limited budget so everything was done with shoestring budget. They tried to save cost as much as possible. So with such a budget u can't expect much. All the equipments used were quite amatuer ones, most things used can be found around us. I heard that the editting is using iMac with some editting software and the camera are those camera's that local videogrpahers are using. No fancy equipments used.

However, there are rooms for improvements. I watch it with free tickets but even if I don't have it, I will still pay to watch. You see.. this is the film 100% sarawak movie, there must be a 1st, then there will be more coming. No one took the first step there will not be a second step. Everything must start some where. What we can do is to help them to improve, give constructive comments and not complaints.

Some ppl were so disgusted with the movie and only knows how to complain, complain, complain... they said it's a shame to sarawak. Gossshhh... no matter how bad it is, it's still our local product. It's a stepping stone for us. It look like an easy job but only those involved knows how hard the whole thing was.

There are some good parts in there though not much. The little ghost is really good. If they exploit more on this character, it will be a better one. I guess too much editting makes the movie hanging here and there. I think it will be a better ones if they have the initial budget.

and i heard the the movie they are screening are just projected from DVD not like those usual film we're watching.

Posted on: 2005/10/10 12:55

Just can't stay away
from my point of view, not only the product alone needs improvement, but the whole package too... that includes better management, planning, casting, scripts and the whole lot... just make sure their next projects has a strong script...get good actors...no need special effect also can.... i remember watching a drama a few years back which was entirely shot in a small village... no special effect and no nothing... just a mother, her 2 children, a few vilagers and a very, very good storyline.... i nearly cried at some point cos it was soooo sad.... the director manage to connect with the audience and i think that is more important than any other things in making a good movie... it was called "ranjau sepanjang Jalan" filmed in 1980++...adaptation from a novel by Shahnon ahmad...seriusly a real live sad drama.. i think the quality can even qualify for World film festival la...

however, i tot sometime last year, there was also a local produced movie but i forgot the name... its a love story or something... so, how do u actually define 1st local produced movie???

Posted on: 2005/10/11 10:26

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
We're trying to get the original script from that person (my friend happened to know the person that write the script) coz the script was changed and the storyline was changed quite drasticly I think. The original script should be better. I remembered i read it from the newspapers that they changed the original script. The storyline also changed. Maybe they changed it becuase of the budget.

As far as I know, it's a 100% sarawakian movie. So consider it 1st locally produced movie. However many movies like the one that u said are quite good, much much better than this one. Those ppl in west m'sia do get a lot of exposure and chances and better facilities, that's why they can do better, we here are quite backward from them. Hopefully with this movie, the door will open for better exposure to help our ppl here to produce better movie.

Another good thing of this movie is the poster design. It's quite good. I like it but too bad the movie doesn't come up to the standard as the poster.

Posted on: 2005/10/11 12:43

Home away from home
From Kuching
stroker: I asked the same question about the "first movie" bit and they explained that it's the "first feature film" - the operative word being "feature", meaning it was made for cinema release.

The love story you meant was "Lagu Sayau", only released in VCD. There's been a lot of good independant films made in Sarawak by Sarawakians, but indies are short and often not something general audiences can appreciate. :)

lovebell: haha if you want the poster I have a spare lying on my table in the office.

Posted on: 2005/10/11 22:27

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
ooo.. thanks you thank you no need, it scares the hell out of me! heheh... but I got the popcorn papercup is enough.

Posted on: 2005/10/11 23:20

Just can't stay away
Quote:

Tarlia wrote:
......but indies are short and often not something general audiences can appreciate. :)

but stil, red curse cannot be accepted la... be it an indie or a first featured cinema release.........
even the stupid home made "blair witch project" are much better ..

Posted on: 2005/10/12 11:14

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.