tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 209 210 211 (212) 213 214 »

Re: Kuching International Airport
Home away from home
From Kuching
How people have compared between KK and KCH airport:

By just comparing BKI & KCH (the cities & not between 2 states)

Tourism wise:
1. Getting to the only 2 listed UNESCO world heritage sites in this country (Kinabalu & Mulu) are easier from BKI
2. HKGees (& residents of the Pearl River Delta) prefer BKI more because most chinese here (even many non chinese) can communicate in Cantonese.
3. BKI has beaches just next to the airport.
4. BKI has 5 islands offshore reachable in 30mins.
5. Maliau Basin & the numerous diving sites.
6. Sepilok (compare to KCH's counterpart) is more famous within the UK Commonwealth because Princes Phillip & Charles been there & are patrons. Plus the numerous documentaries made.

Business wise:
7. Oil & Gas hubs of LBU, BWN & MYY are easier to reach from BKI
8. POIC zones are easier to reach from BKI
9. More convenient for residents of MYY, LWY & LMN to transit in BKI for international flights

10. And who is sleazier? ... Bandaran Berjaya, Kg Air, Sadong Jaya, Segama, Sinsuran, Asia City, Bundusan ...OMGness! & the variety of nationalities available... BKI wins hands down!

Posted on: 2011/6/13 8:04

Home away from home
From Kuching
KCH/SWK may have more to offer but unfortunately, minum petang lebih diutamakan. Sudah la.. Kuching will never improve, it stay like this from the pass 10 years and for the next 20 years still same i guess (refer to tourism)

Posted on: 2011/6/13 15:47

Home away from home
From Kuching
Royal Brunei will suspend BWN - KCH route from end of July onwards. Another carrier out and another route gone... big blow to KCH.

Posted on: 2011/6/21 18:03

Home away from home
Royal Brunei is doing route rationalization in which a few routes are taken off which are Perth, Kuching and Ho Chi Min City. They have long suspended KK.

Let's not be so pessimistic with Kuching, we are seeing good traffic at the airport nowadays though we do not have many international flights. Lately, i met quite a lot Singaporean tourists.

With the new Tourism Minister (Abg Jo), I am hopeful of seeing KIA growing into an important hub.

Posted on: 2011/6/22 8:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From sarawak
they stil operate daily flght to KK..i think bruneian prefer kk than kch due to distance

Posted on: 2011/6/22 15:56

Home away from home
From Kuching
Let's change this topic from "Kuching International Airport" to "Kuching Aiport".

Posted on: 2011/6/22 17:29

Home away from home
From sarawak
i strongly agree that we should play our part 2..help to develop the tourism industry..some frenz in ranau are operating a lodge..hw about us?only some operating the homestay in santubong..

Posted on: 2011/6/23 14:51

Home away from home
From kuching
tourism ?? am i hearing wrongly ??

Waterfront
- is it water in front ?? river in front ?? sea in front ? ocean in front ? or tree in front ? should change name to 'TropicalFront' any soft breeze ... water clean ?? any specialty that the 'penambang' is rowing across the river or 'along' just like in Venice and can see historic architecture around .....

and opposite, there is this one building with one gigantic roof opposite the Waterfront ... mind you, the one and only DUN .... look like the shape of langsat skin when you peel off slowly and turn it over ..

the so-called 'Bermuda Cat Triangle' ...it is nice to see from postcard .... but suddenly there is a big empty lot near Riverside .... and the three shopping complex combined can be smaller than Megamall without carpark ...

convention centre usually is in the city area ..not in somewhere far far away ....

that our one and only Damai Beach .... tropical beach with calm waves for surfers ... that is why it is called DAMAI ... AMAN DAMAI .... even the water also is damaily white and clear of fishes ...

shopping complex very very big too ... bigger than those any in singapore ...true kah ?

Kuching - nice place to stay but not for travel ...

Homestay -- good to show our hospitality .. Our friendliness is our trademark even in Kuching survival ... so, a plus plus in tourism ....

Eco-tourism --- any mountain to climb ?? any highest point like Mt Kinabalu .... at least got Jong's Crocodile Farm ..even that is from private initiative ...

ok lah , at least still got Mulu and pepper ..but Mulu not in Kuching bo

maybe because of this trademark name 'Borneo Island' that carries much of the promotion to the global name .... name only ....

oh yes , our legendary Puteri Santubong ... it is classic ... that is why the mountain shape looked like a pregnant lady lying ... up and down ... just that in other country, their mountains are up higher and down deeper ....

Posted on: 2011/6/23 15:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching
I read in The Borneo Post, it was said Sabah & Sarawak are more well known to the French and European nations. But of coz, it was said KK or Sabah are more well known.

Posted on: 2011/6/23 22:53

Home away from home
From Kota Samarahan
Whats wrong with this chiakwong guy?

Posted on: 2011/6/24 23:39

« 1 ... 209 210 211 (212) 213 214 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.