Re: 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany
Home away from home
From Kedah
my predictn:

14 june 2006

spain 0 vs ukraine 1
tunesia 0 vs arab 2
germany 3 vs poland 1

germany can do it..go miroslav klose..& podolski..yeargghh!

Posted on: 2006/6/14 15:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
I'm predicting wins for Spain, Tunisia and Germany.

Posted on: 2006/6/14 19:56

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
I predict someone will win tonite! hehehe sorry I know nothing about soccer. anyone going for Tokyo Drift-o?

Posted on: 2006/6/14 20:01

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
One sided affair with Ukraine clearly second best. The referee got it all wrong, that wasn't a penalty and red card as there was clearly no contact. I don't know how much of an effect did the penalty and sending off had on Ukraine as they showed some promise in the opening seconds of the second half only for it to be halted by the sending off and subsequent goal.

Spain looks great and I'm expecting them to go far in the tournament. Ukraine won't be happy with their performance but they will probably still favour their chances to advance to the knock out stages with matches against Saudi Arabia and Tunisia. However, they will certainly have to improve on today's performance if they want to advance further than the second round.

I only managed to catch the last 15 minutes of the Saudi - Tunisia match and it was a good 15 minutes. Saudis thought they had won the match and were praising Allah only for the Tunisians to score an injury time equaliser. Hehe..

Posted on: 2006/6/15 2:20

Home away from home
From Kedah
haha..germany did it..1-0 yahooo...

Posted on: 2006/6/15 16:30

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Disappointing performance by England for most of the match, though they redeemed themselves towards the end. Credits to Trinidad & Tobago, gutsy performance by them.

I would have like to see Gerrard in a more attacking role. Call me biased (as I'm a Liverpool fan and I hate Chelsea) but I think Gerrard could have done much better than Lampard in the attacking midfield role. I was thinking this even before Gerrard scored and his goal just strengthens my opinion. Gerrard, one shot, one goal. Lampard spurned a truckload of opportunities.

Lennon and Downing played well, those two injected much needed pace into the English play and they are both for the future. Owen was well below par, Rooney was much better than him despite being rushed back from injury. Rooney being available can only be nothing but good news for England. Except for the goal, Crouch turned in a subpar performance.

Posted on: 2006/6/16 2:22

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Waargghhhhh ... i missed the argentina game last night ..... currently game of the tournament ....

Posted on: 2006/6/17 18:01

Webmaster
From Kuching
argentina hantam habis habis

Posted on: 2006/6/17 18:32

Home away from home
From Australia
seems like those not so popular country is making a hell out of a noise this time, previous big players were not doing that great.

Posted on: 2006/6/17 18:56

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
A riveting match that swung from end to end, one team attacking while the other defends immediately followed by the defending team attacking and the attacking team defending. Excellent game for the neutral. Disappointing performance by the Czechs after that wonderful performance against the USA. Ghana were much better than I had expected. Ghana had half a dozen chances to finish the game but they didn't, maybe largely due to Petr Cech, who had an awesome game. If it weren't for him, the Czechs would have been further behind.

One thing that I think Ghana should be worried about is their naivety and inexperience. It's all good that they were constantly attacking despite the Czechs threatening to score an equaliser and when other teams in the same situation would have protected a one goal lead by defending, but they missed a lot of chances that should have been buried away (including a penalty) and also acquired numerous offsides that they really shouldn't. All those seem to be a result of them being caught up in the moment and being overzealous in their attacking play. Dangerous way of playing I think that may be punished in the future.

Ujfalusi was silly to get sent off for protesting a penalty of all things, especially considering the position his team was in, 1-0 down and having a penalty awarded against them. Foolish thing to do, protesting a penalty when you know the referee is never going to change his decision.

Posted on: 2006/6/18 2:41

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]