« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: The Legend of the Red Curse
Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

stroker wrote:
Quote:

Tarlia wrote:
......but indies are short and often not something general audiences can appreciate. :)

but stil, red curse cannot be accepted la... be it an indie or a first featured cinema release.........
even the stupid home made "blair witch project" are much better ..

It shouldn't be accepted. There's too many things wrong with it.

The fact remains that this is what we got as a "first feature film", probably because they have more financial backing than any indies made here and can afford to do the marketing.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that we hope to see better movies than this, especially when they didn't set the bar very high at all.

Posted on: 2005/10/12 12:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just can't stay away
Quote:

Tarlia wrote:
Anyway, I think we can all agree that we hope to see better movies than this, especially when they didn't set the bar very high at all.

i couldnt agree more....

Posted on: 2005/10/12 15:37

Not too shy to talk
From Australia
I only heard that the story line/script changed because of the film censorship board, the original script was scary ( this is what i was told) and then the board official disapproved some parts of the script and they have to re-write. An example of this was, they cannot project that the longhouse is haunted, and the ghost has to be outside the longhouse, tis is kinda stupid, how can our film industry improve?? Even 'sleeping dictionary' a localy shot movie was banned here in malaysia. Imagine if there are rules like this in america, like the african americans cannot be the bad guys, and also the white ppl cannot be the bad guys, and cannot project NYC as a city with violent and high crime area, what to watch there? and if this was the case, you wont see the movie industry in hollywood excel!

posters are nice, heard its shot by a local here in kch..

Posted on: 2005/10/14 1:32

Webmaster
From Kuching
Just read the news and LOOK ! RM53,000 over the weekend !
LOL I HOPE THEY BUY NEW SOPHISTICATED EQUIPMENT TO MAKE BETTER FILMS! hiak hiak and also sumbat the mulut of the censorship board with kopi-o, so we can watch nice films. lolol

Sarawak's first film collecs RM53000 over the weekend

Kuching: Sarawaks' First film , "The legend of the red curse" chalked up impressive figures at the weekend box office in the State.

The film collected a total of RM53,000 just over the weekend. It was directed by Bjarne Wong.

The film was screened in just four locations, thus making about RM8,750.00 per print average which is remarkable for a local production.

"We are pleased to see that local Sarawakians are turning out in full force to support this film. This is indeed a great achievement for a local film," said Wong Kai Lim, executive director of Hock Star which manages all Star Cineplexes in the State. Giving locals a chance to catch the movie, the production house has embarked on mobile screening programme called "star Mobile movies" covering 20 provincial towns in the State.

The 1st leg of the mobile screening roadshow covered Saratok, Betong and Sarikei which received overwhelming response.

As tickets were sold out, many were seen sitting on the floor and some standing just to catch the local production! Meanwhile, in the west Malaysia response for the movie was equally impressive, with the cinemas screening the movie enjoying full house.

"The legend of the Red Curse" is now showing exclusively at the Star cineplexes in Kuching, Sibu, Miri and Bintulu and under GSC in west malaysia.

(news adapted from Borneo Post, no idea wrote it)

Posted on: 2005/10/14 2:54

Home away from home
From Kuching
babyluv: that won't surprise me in the least. The Censorship Board is good at killing any potentially good/realistic movie before it is released. I'm not sure if this is the case though, since I didn't hear any of the crew mention this at all, but I will ask to make sure.

webmaster: Don't think so. They'll have to break even first. ;)

The press release came from Hock Star.

Posted on: 2005/10/14 10:40

Just can't stay away
Which censorship board ur talking about?? if its from K.L?
if so, how come other scary movie can pass the censorship like Puntianak harum sundal malam??

those sold out tickets only happen in the rural area, where they dont really know whats goin on... i bet after the movie finish, evryone curse the movie ..heheh... in the end, the movie became "the Cursed legend of the red curse"

Posted on: 2005/10/14 11:15

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Quote:

babyluv wrote:
posters are nice, heard its shot by a local here in kch..

The poster pictures are from Alvin Leong.

The original script is scary, then they need to modified with. So after modifying here and there, there are some misunderstanding and political thing happened inside, so what you expect the result will be? Here... u're seeing it. No offence.

Posted on: 2005/10/14 12:18

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

The original script is scary, then they need to modified with. So after modifying here and there, there are some misunderstanding and political thing happened inside, so what you expect the result will be? Here... u're seeing it. No offence.

How do you know its scary? you watched it?

Posted on: 2005/10/14 13:11

Webmaster
From Kuching
This is the thing i posted in the forum on February where they are still making the movie. Any difference between this and the movie?

Quote:

Sarawak, on the island of Borneo, is a land shrouded with an immense sea of unexplored jungle. Lone wanderers have been known to get lost in these dense rainforests, never to be found again.

The story begins when a group of four young filmmakers, Sanny, Niq, Melissa and Wang , journey into the jungle to make a documentary about the aboriginal longhouses in Sarawak. Knowing full well the dangers of the jungle, they enlist the help of a local guide called JJ.

En route to a longhouse, Wang gets injured and a decision is made to divert to another longhouse. Although the villagers welcome them with lots of enthusiasm, the filmmakers are freaked out by the strange activities and occurrences that begin as soon as they arrive; further fueled by the villagers' uncanny obessesion with mask-making, the only activity they seem to indulge in.

Sanny also discovers the story of her long lost father who disappeared whilst doing research in the jungles. She is determined to find out what really happened, but as tragic events begin occuring to her friends, the truth slowly unfolds before her eyes.

What is the relationship between the longhouse and the masks, and what is the story behind the fabled legend of the 'Red Curse' ...

Posted on: 2005/10/14 13:18

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Ah hia arrr... the script was changed where and how can i watched the original one?!?!?! The one u posted is the original sotryline. See.. it's much exciting then the one they have now. That's what we read fromt he newspapers too. By the way... I noticed English papers doesn't talk much and gossip about this movie, if u go flipped those chinese newspapers, it's much more detailed and better reported.

The modified one is no longer like the original, basically it's like 80% or more being changed.

Now it became 4 students, go to do project and research on ancient mask. JJ character becomes one of the student and Ah Wan is Sanny's brother that was not involve in the school project but rush to the longhouse to look for his sis because he knew about the mask and their father's missing are related and doesn't want his sis to know about the it.

JJ was injured instead at the longhouse falling from the staircase so he has to stay back at the long house and the other 3, Nick, Lisa & Sanny went to another longhouse for research with 2 guides that turned bad and wanted ot hurt the girls and Nick was pushed into the river.

The masked man is Sanny's father. He found the mask that belong to the little red ghost. So he got the curse. The Little red ghost wanted ot get the mask back but sigh... they don't elaborate much on this part. This part is supposed to be the main story.

By the way webbie... if u are not satisfied with what i said here, i think u better go watch it urself rather than questioning ppl here and being doubtful of what we said or rather I said.

Posted on: 2005/10/14 14:09

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.