tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »

Re: 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany
Home away from home
From The Dreaming
An exciting, controversial match with the referee taking center stage that had me on the edge of my seat and my eyes glued to the tv. USA performed much better than their match against the Czechs. 60 seconds of madness for the Italians in the first half where they scored an own goal and had a player sent off. Further madness followed with the USA getting two players sent off. The first two sending offs were correct in my opinion but the last one was a bit harsh.

Gattuso's goal in the first half should have been allowed, Toni was clearly onside. The USA goal was rightly disallowed as McBride was offside and interfering with play. The Italians clearly lacked width as everything was going down the middle. The group has been blown wide open now with the Czech - Ghana match and this one with everyone in with a chance to advance to the second round.

Posted on: 2006/6/18 5:11

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Brazil never looked like world champions in the match. The Australians can be proud of themselves, they created chances of their own and were capable of winning the match and gave Brazil more anxious moments than Brazil would have liked. Credits to them for making Brazil work hard to win the match. The Brazilians looked better in the second half only because Australia were pushing for the equaliser and leaving space behind for the Brazilians to exploit.

Australia look a good bet to qualify for the second round, they won't have it easy against Croatia especially when Croatia themselves have a chance to advance, but the advantage is with Australia.

Brazil should be worried with their performance in the World Cup so far. I for one, am quite happy with Brazil's poor performance (by their standards) as I think it would be quite boring if Brazil were to win the World Cup again. It looks as if it's the end of the road for Ronaldo.

Posted on: 2006/6/19 2:15

Webmaster
From Kuching
Gooooooo JAPAN !

FT Japan 0 - 0 Croatia

FT Brazil 2 - 0 Australia

FT France 1 - 1 Korea Republic

Posted on: 2006/6/19 8:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Australia
Too bad for Australia, everyone here thought they would once again beat Brazil like how they have beaten Japan, too bad so sad

Next match meet Croatia, good luck to Australia, if they win, they proceed, otherwise, fly back home

Posted on: 2006/6/19 10:56

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
They only need a draw actually.

Posted on: 2006/6/19 19:54

Not too shy to talk
From Where I lay my head is Home
looks like argentina is goingto steal the show...ronaldos days seemt to be over...robinho may possibly be the next ronaldo

Posted on: 2006/6/19 19:55

Home away from home
From Kuching lah
go messi!!!!
australia played quite well against brazil. just that viduka has just lost it, like ronaldo has. but the only difference is, ronaldo is probably more skilled than viduka, lol. i thought aussie played great tactical football. hell, they might have won 2-0!!!

Posted on: 2006/6/19 21:00

Home away from home
From Australia
I would have predicred either a draw or a 1 goal win from Brazil, but instead, they played pretty well I must say, if they could kick lower and more to the centre they would have scored a few goals!

If it is a draw in the next match, will they move on?

Posted on: 2006/6/19 23:29

Home away from home
From canada
S Korea will rule!! They will create soccer history this time by keeping the Jules Rimet in Asia!! Tell me why I'm wrong, anybody?

Posted on: 2006/6/20 6:27

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Well reid, looks like you were wrong about South Korea.

England vs Ecuador. Poor match with poor performances from both teams, especially in the first half. Both teams look uninspired and lacked appetite to win the game. England are especially disappointing (yet again). Terry performed poorly especially in the first half. Lampard is rubbish, he's had a poor tournament. Rooney was the only player in the game who looked exceptionally good, though he was let down by the lack of service.

If England don't get their act together, the quarter-finals will be as far as they will get in the tournament.

Posted on: 2006/6/26 2:49

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]