New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: Carrefour opening soon in East M'sia!
Home away from home
Quote:

webbie wrote:
Quote:

benling wrote:
indeed, it is a good news but it is a bad news to everise and the rest :P

how I wish ikea will set their foot here too

heh I don't bother about Everise. either they develop themselves or they get phased out eventually and naturally.

I doubt Everise will ever be phased out. The characteristics of shoppers in Kuching are similar to Pontianak. They want bargain, not prestige. As long as Everise can maintain a 'bang for the buck' concept, they can give Carrefour a run for their money.

Similar case study from Pontianak:

In many parts of Indonesia, National chain and International chain keeps opening doors in new places, and in most places they open doors the local supermarkets shuts. In East Kalimantan, what they called local supermarkets are mere two doors shophouses.

But in Pontianak, 2 out 3 national chain supermarket that open doors here shuts down within 3 years, and the third is about to go down in a matter of months after more than 5 years trying to survive. The only national chain surviving is branch of a national chain Hypermart. The local supermarkets are not only surviving, but growing. Some infact emulates on the national chain and try to imitate its store concept.

The reason being:

1. Unlike in other parts of the country where traffic congestions and distance make time valuable and people will shops all their grocery needs in one-stop-super-shop, people in pontianak have time and a 100 rupiah difference can scare customers away.

2. The local supermarkets are more flexible in policy and promotion and can quickly adapt their running promos to suit the local requirements, the big chains are a bit slow on that.

3. The locals tends to share the same emotions and see the big national as common thread, and thus are willing to work together for their own survival.

Posted on: 2008/4/17 10:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Not too shy to talk
I heard that Everrise in Pedada Rd, Sibu will close down business this year. Don't know how true this is but based on the number of visits looks like their business not as good as before.

But one true fact is Everrise price is generally speaking still expensive compared to other supermarkets in Sibu. In Kuching I think Everrise is doing very well but definitely not in Sibu.

Everrise now face stiff competition from Farley and Sing Kwong which offered more products and lower prices.

Another victim could be Ngiu Kee which is the oldest supermarket in Sibu. For every visit there is hardly any visitors and this has been going on for years.

Posted on: 2008/4/18 4:31

Home away from home
From kuciang
no more bonus liao...,how to shop at Carrefour?

Posted on: 2008/4/18 8:42

Just can't stay away
i heard that the Everise opposite Boulevard had drop 10K sales per day after the hypermarket open....dunno true onot...

Posted on: 2008/4/18 11:18

Home away from home
From Kuching
Anyone here know what type of project is taking shape next to F&N factory at 3rd mile? I saw the area being fenced up and there is a pilling machine inside.

Posted on: 2008/4/18 13:27

Home away from home
Its the expansion of the F&N factory I think

Posted on: 2008/4/18 13:46

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
heard the land owner last time refused selling to others, only wanna sell it to F&N at a very high price. so guess it must be extension la.

Posted on: 2008/4/19 20:36

Home away from home
From Kuching
Again... we're out of topic...

Read the news in the Star, Carrefour is going to establish Carrefour Express to increase the convenience. How nice.

Posted on: 2008/4/19 20:46

Home away from home
Quote:

mike86 wrote:
Read the news in the Star, Carrefour is going to establish Carrefour Express to increase the convenience. How nice.

What is Carrefour Express? How different it is from a normal carrefour?

Posted on: 2008/4/21 9:45

Home away from home
From Kuching
Not so sure, but it was rumoured that Giant and Tesco were following suit too.

Posted on: 2008/4/21 12:13

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]