tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 214 »

Re: Kuching International Airport
Webmaster
From Kuching
hello singaporean,
I pity you have to go through all those bad experience. I do agree with you that the current kuching airport is terrible. And ppl wear pyjamas to pickup ppl. I also don't know what they're thinking.

As you know, we're a small city here where everything doesn't have to be formal. And some ppl don't know when to be casual and when is the time to be formal.

The airport is surroundded by "kampung kampung". So you might see a whole kampung family , grandparents, cucu, nenek, all there just to pick up one person.

The current airport is under renovation, expansion. I do agree with you that the "limousine" is crap. I think you as a non-local here should write to the Tourism Board on how the transport service refects and affect the image of Kuching.

The taxi or limousince they are currently using are like made in the 1960's. Old Gemini car.

Well, I just want to say another thing, the airport is currently going through renovation. Maybe things can be messier abit. And things get out of control. Messy management. Cheap part time non english speaking ppl working in the airport.

I just hope you give it a chance and take another look at the airport after its finish renovating. Then you can make complaints and you have my support on it.

Posted on: 2005/8/14 23:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
Arrha ha.... i guess they went to the airport too often till it doesn't feel like a special occasion to them... But i believe everything will change after the renovation.... So if you're wondering how it looks like? just refer to KLIA

anyway... enjoy your stay

Posted on: 2005/8/16 13:45

Home away from home
From Kuching
Hello "Guest":
Sorry for these "rubbish" people to treat you like that....
I guess Kuching airport is not that "international" after all. Must complaint to the tourism board for immediate action, other wise tourists will not come again!

Posted on: 2005/8/16 19:51

Webmaster
From Kuching
Update update on the latest Kuching Airport Development.
The place is starting to take shape in this speedy construction.

Attach file:

jpg  kuching airport sept 2005.jpg (29.44 KB)
1_433372e49f7aa.jpg 536X402 px

jpg  2 kuching airport sept 2005 .jpg (28.42 KB)
1_43337310c920a.jpg 556X417 px

Posted on: 2005/9/23 11:13

Re: Bad experience at Kuching Airport
Just can't stay away
To Guest,

As a tourist,thank you for your great comment on Kuching "International" Airport, and welcome to Kuching by the way.

I just do hope STB or airport management can read your article, and take their serious action for improvement. It's really bad impression,i know. As webmaster said, the airport is currently under great renovation, so please give some allowance on any incovenience caused. But on service wise, i really ashamed of the attitude and standard they render. You are right, they are at the frontline of tourism whom the tourists will first contact with when touching down the earth, so their status represent the image of whole city/state.

Singapore Changi Airport is the world no.1 airport. I have been there for few times, here i could only say, it deserved world No. 1.

Webmaster, after 2007, don't expect a new face airport will change anything. As far as the Sarawak style of doing things remain unchanged, you will still see the same standard of airport as today.

It's really sad, we could not do anything, except hoping.

Posted on: 2005/9/24 0:12

Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I felt sorry for Guest's experience as I personally encountered one myself in KLIA while I was rushing for a connecting flight to NZ many years ago, the airport was very new and everything were not organised. The girl at the service counter doesn't know how to give directions.. and can't speak English!!! She dolled up like a Christmas Tree but useless and worst she gives wrong directions, what kinda service is this! As a tourist, do u still have the mood to continue ur journey here or to find out more about the place?

What's the point if the look changed but not the attitude. The worst thing is to hear people saying that the Sarawakian or Kuching ppl are such cheaters..

I think there should be a standard set to justify how kuching airport is qualify for 'International' so as not to give visitors the wrong impression and to believe that this is our standard of international. Not only on how big the flight you can take but also on the professionalism of the staffs.

Posted on: 2005/9/24 10:28

Home away from home
From Kuching
hopefully Kuching airport will be nice from inside to outside when it is completed...just like the Senai airport at JB... i returned just after a few months and was shocked to see that the interior of the boarding hall had become so nice, just like classy hotel or restaurant...and there was even free porters-service to help carry your trolley and luggage....i think maybe it's because it's not under the management of Malaysia Airport Berhad anymore.... :P

Posted on: 2005/9/24 21:39

Quite a regular
From Manila
I guess we all have our share of unbelievably bad airport experiences. I am writing to say that Kuching Airport is still not the worst - you have to come to Manila for that :) I hope I do not offend anyone here but Ninoy Aquino Airport, Manila is one heck of a mess! Actually, the airport has 2 terminals - the newer T2 is devoted only to Philippine Airlines. As for the rest of us who travel MAS or even SIA, one has to make do with the decrepit T1 - the international terminal. Here is why it is THAT bad:

1. The inside of the terminal building looks something like a cross between Kuching Plaza now and the Sarawak General Hospital before it was upgraded. The lighting is yellowish and signs are broken. There are security guards touting guns everywhere and the whole place is a din of conversation - Tagalog of course.

2. You are literally forced to take a taxi (based on a coupon system like one sees in Kuching) which overcharges you by 600% going into town. I paid 700 pesos when I arrive only to find out that if I the actual fare is only 110 pesos.

3. Don't imagine that you can go to the airport to see friends off or even for "jalan-jalan". Only passengers are allowed into the terminal building - a well-wisher says goodbye at the kerbside where you drop off the pax. It is worst if you are waiting for someone to arrive - you stand behind a barricade under a cow shade-like structure outside the terminal and hope that your dazed friend would respond to your frantic waving and yelling as he/she exits.

The irony is that since 2003, a spanking new T3 is almost ready to replace this old one but polticial squables has led the project to mothball - which is why I am most glad to note that at the very least, things ARE MOVING in Kuching.

Service-wise, I agree that KIA has much to improve. They used to put out feedback forms on a counter against the wall in the departure hall - near to where 'Tie Rack' is. I wonder if they still do. Anyway, I gave my feedback twice and <surprise, surprise> I received a reply from the Airport Manager twice (each about a month later) saying the usual "thank you for your suggestions; we are looking into them etc. etc. At least they reply.

Take heart, we are not the worst yet

p.s. thanks webmaster for the updated photos of KIA under construction. Plse keep them coming.

Posted on: 2005/9/24 21:54

Webmaster
From Kuching
Glad to see so many opinions from all sort of angles.

Quote:

2. You are literally forced to take a taxi (based on a coupon system like one sees in Kuching) which overcharges you by 600% going into town. I paid 700 pesos when I arrive only to find out that if I the actual fare is only 110 pesos.

Whats the currency for RM?

Quote:

p.s. thanks webmaster for the updated photos of KIA under construction. Plse keep them coming.

hiak hiak. here is another one that i didn't get to post. All pics taken with my nokia 6230. So dun expect good quality. I snap it while i was driving pass by that place.

Posted on: 2005/9/24 22:11

Quite a regular
From Manila
Do you mean the currency exchange? I think 100 pesos is about Rm6. Don't forget cost of living here is low compared to Malaysia or Singapore. McDonald index - one Happy Meal here is only 90 pesos!!

Posted on: 2005/9/24 22:20

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 214 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.