tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: The Legend of the Red Curse
Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:
Ah hia arrr... the script was changed where and how can i watched the original one?!?!?! The one u posted is the original sotryline.

kan neh, u said "The original script is scary, " in your previous post. How the heck can you tell if its scary if you didn't watch it. that why i asked you that question.

Quote:
How do you know its scary? you watched it?

(NOT DOUBTING)

Quote:

By the way webbie... if u are not satisfied with what i said here, i think u better go watch it urself rather than questioning ppl here and being doubtful of what we said or rather I said.

What you said never affect anything. The questions I asked didn't doubt anything. I am just curious on the "original" and the "modified" one and whats the story behind the editing problem. like that u also call "doubt" ah.

Posted on: 2005/10/14 14:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
watever lar...

the storyline is enough to reflects the script so obvious. summore script cannot watch, can only be read, only movie can be watched.

Hopefully can get the original script soon. TO READ! Not TO WATCH!

Anyway hoh... anyone of u want to know what the movie is all about and how bad it is or how good it is, better go watch it urself though many ppl complaint about it being bad and blah blahblah. Better to watch and complain from ur own mouth. EHehehe...

Posted on: 2005/10/14 15:04

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

Tarlia wrote:
babyluv: that won't surprise me in the least. The Censorship Board is good at killing any potentially good/realistic movie before it is released. I'm not sure if this is the case though, since I didn't hear any of the crew mention this at all, but I will ask to make sure.

webmaster: Don't think so. They'll have to break even first. ;)

The press release came from Hock Star.

Heh, RM53k is just over the weekend. hopefully they will get more so they can increase the budget for the next film.

On the censorship board thingy, i read before Yasmin Ahmad (director of sepet) , is also not happy with the censorship board. heh can't people be more open minded on movies.

Posted on: 2005/10/14 15:20

Home away from home
From Kuching
The Malaysian censorship board is in no way a reliable marker for what movie is allowed and what isn't.

I didn't see "Pontianak harum sundal malam", but it also suffered from the censorship board. Shuhaimi Baba wrote about it on the PSHM website (which isn't accessible at the moment), saying wryly that nobody got hysterical or was possessed during and after the test screening so it must be ok now.

However, I agree that there's many many movies that shouldn't have made it into the country if the board actually used the same criteria as they do with local productions. They may religiously censor swear words/scenes in one movie, but not touch any in another.

Similarly, there are many excellent movies with profound messages that don't come here because they are not "good" for our fragile little minds. However, this don't seem to apply when they wave through a slew of violent or scary movies.

Yasmin Ahman blogged extensively about what happened at the board screening of Sepet.

Posted on: 2005/10/14 16:43

Just can't stay away
Eventhough Sepet or PuntinakHSM hae been filtered by the board, at least the movie is watchable and can be accepted by the public.. the storyline is also crystal clear...

Legend of the Red curse????

Posted on: 2005/10/17 11:08

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
This is because they have more budget compare to others like tarlia had mentioned and it happened that they owned the cineplex too LOL... however the budget is too low to make it as it is supposed to be. Didn't we did mention that the budget being reduced dramatically... hehehe... since the big problem is that it is supposed to be about haunted longhouse and those censorship board ppl didn't allow it because it will tarnished the longhouse image so they have to do everything in the jungle instead of the long house and script had to be changed.

Posted on: 2005/10/17 17:34

Webmaster
From Kuching
The money is yours. If you feel the movie is not worth your money then dun force yourself to go support whether or not its a local movie.

Later i go ask what KL ppl think about the movie. lolol.
tengok apa comment.

Posted on: 2005/10/17 17:49

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

stroker wrote:
Eventhough Sepet or PuntinakHSM hae been filtered by the board, at least the movie is watchable and can be accepted by the public.. the storyline is also crystal clear...

Legend of the Red curse????

The movie sucked and they did everything wrong. We get it. Can we stop beating the dead horse now? :)

Posted on: 2005/10/17 21:40

Just can't stay away
Quote:

Lovebell wrote:
however the budget is too low to make it as it is supposed to be. Didn't we did mention that the budget being reduced dramatically... .......supposed to be about haunted longhouse and those censorship board ....will tarnished the longhouse image .... everything in the jungle ....script had to be changed.

if so, they should have made a simple movie which would not cost too much..
regarding the changes in the script, why cant they modified the script until it is good enough to be filmed?? cant they wait and reschedule their plans la... a few months wouldnt hurt them, rite??

p.s: im not questioning the movie, but the person who made all the bad calls right from the very beginnig of making the movie.....

Posted on: 2005/10/18 10:46

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Heheehh.. apparently they don't even have a complete script, storyboard and so on according to another forum, the link is posted in Tarlia's previous post. In Sarawak Flim Society's forum. You can get more infor in there since those involved are discussing it there too so from thre u know how bad their planning is LOL... rush rush rush...

Posted on: 2005/10/18 12:27

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.