Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 214 »

Re: Bad experience at Kuching Airport
Webmaster
From Kuching
Oops i forgot to post up the pic.
heres the front part of the airport.

Attach file:

jpg  kuching airport sept 2005.jpg (18.22 KB)
1_43356281e6b03.jpg 476X357 px

Posted on: 2005/9/24 22:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Quite a regular
From Manila
Cool! Thanks; another KLIA mould methinks.

Posted on: 2005/9/24 22:33

Just popping in
From Kuala Lumpur
Will there be any new airline coming in KIA afta it's completion?
Airline like S'por airline, tiger airline, Cathay pacific or even Qantas........
Does Xiamen Airline land in KIA?

Posted on: 2005/10/9 23:39

Quite a regular
From Manila
Here the scheduled airlines that are currently operating at KIA:

*Malaysia Airlines (MH)
*Air Asia (AK)
*Batavia Air (7P)
*Silkair (MI)
*Transmile Air (TH)
*Hornbill Skyways

The airlines that once in a blue blue moon operate charters to KIA:

*Xiamen Airlines (MF)
*Qantas (QF)
*MASKargo (B747 Freighter)
*Airfast Indonesia (Freighter)

The airlines that USED to operate to KIA but now ceased their services for whatever reasons:

*Royal Brunei Airlines (BI)
*Dragonair (KA) - subsidiary of Cathay Pacific
*Singapore Airlines (SQ)
*Merpati Nusantara Airlines (MZ) - Indonesian domestic carrier
*Saega Airlines - Sarawak-based airlines that lasted only a few months of operation. SAEGA is supposed to stand for something something "East Asia Growth Area".
*Vision Air - Ditto - Used to fly Dornier aircrafts to Tanjung Manis and Mulu.

And the airlines that I think would consider flying to KIA in the future:

* Xiamen Airlines (MF) - already flying to KL, lucrative Foochow traffic from Sarawak and Kalimantan to Fuzhou and Xiamen. If you care to check out their website : www.xiamenair.com.cn you'll find Kuching listed as one of their destinations

* Cebu Pacific Airways (5J) - Philippines-based budget carrier that aims to fly to secondary destinations in Malaysia (eg. KK and Kuching) leaving KL to Philippine Airlines (PR)

* Australian Airways (AO) - A Qantas setup, used to fly to KK but ceased the service due to poor load factor. Currently flying to Singapore and Bali but with the lastest bombing in Bali, Auzzie tourists may consider Malaysia

* Asiana Airlines (OZ) - South Korean carrier, increasing Korean business in Sarawak may induce them to fly here. National carrier Korean Air is already flying to KL and Penang

* One of the new Indonesian start-ups - Adam Air or Star Air (there's half a dozen new airlines in Indonesia) to ply the Balikpapan - Kuching route which MAS dropped. But these new airlines come and go out of biz in the wink of an eye!

* Return of Dragonair and Royal Brunei?

Singapore Airlines and Tiger Airways will not fly to Kuching as long as Silkair is still in operation. This is due to the nature of the Air Traffic Agreement between Malaysia and Singapore - the SIN-KCH route is lucrative and highly protected by MAS.

So there :)

Posted on: 2005/10/10 14:13

Just popping in
From Kuala Lumpur
Wow, fredng, u know so much about airline!
Hopefully those airlines will reali establish new flight/route to KIA which will enable KIA to reflect her truely "international" airport status...
How about JAL or ANA since there's many japanese working or reside in KCH?
Last time, the government did says tat they r trying their effort to persuade those middle east airline to KCH......is there any latest imformation about this?
Anyway, fredng, where r u now? Manila?
Nice to know u ........

Posted on: 2005/10/11 0:32

fredng, how come u know soo much about this???

and from Manila some more?

cool

Posted on: 2005/10/11 12:17

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
he's an aviation enthusiast. ehehh... anyone that has this hobby will know a lot about this thing. Just like if u like F1, u will know the details of the F1 all over the world even u're in kch ;p

Posted on: 2005/10/11 12:49

Quite a regular
From Manila
Lovebell is quite right - aviation enthusiast I am but also, I used to work for SQ - ground handling marketing and had to deal with MAS and all these airlines. Thus I know zero about F1 (unless that stands for Formula One Racing - no?) which proves Lovebell's theory :P

To answer Kennethlo's queries -

JAL/ANA - Not likely coz Sarawak Japan route is not that "hot". Believe it or not MAS used to fly Kuching - Tokyo direct once a week back in the late 80s and early 90s. Then the Japanese economic bubble burst & the traffic load went down. Besides both airlines are not performing that well financially (hike in oil prices making things worse!) And holidays in Japan I think are out of the price range of most of us Sarawakians - I am not updated on this but I recall that a week's package tour to Japan used to cost twice that of a US-Canada tour. If Nihonjin wants to visit Sarawak, they are likely to "pau ka liau" and do an All-Malaysia-Truly-Asia thingey, packages for which JAL and ANA are offering (via KL of course). By the way, the February (or March) inflight magazine of JAL (SKYWARD) had a short feature write-up on Kuching entitled "Neko Machi" (Cat Town) and a pix of the great cat of Padungan! So they DO know about us there

Middle eastern airlines - unlikely to happen because Sarawak does not have enough "pull" to get Saudia, Emirates, Gulf Air or Qatar Airlines here unless they operate HAJ charters but that is against Saudi Arabia's regulation which states that only the national airline (MAS) or Saudia itself may fly to Jeddah or Riyadh from Malaysia. The traffic profile of these airlines are largely business, less tourists and trans-Asiatic i.e. linking Australia to Europe. The only reason why they fly to KLIA is because there is more business dealings in the capital and KLIA gives a good discount to new airlines from Islamic countries. That's a fact. And by the way, all their air stewardesses are not their own nationalities but Malaysians, Filipinos, Thais, Australians.....go figure

Nice to know you too and yes, I am still in Manila.

Posted on: 2005/10/11 17:44

Just popping in
From Kuala Lumpur
Fredng......Thanks so much for ur information!!!!!!
Anyway, i like stuff related to airlines, airplanes, airports ect ect.......
What ya doing in Manila?
Working for Airline?
Planning to go back KCH?

Posted on: 2005/10/11 19:43

Just popping in
From Kuala Lumpur
Xiamen airline is going to have new route connecting FuZhou and Sibu this coming december.......How about KCH?
Is sibu airport an international Airport? I don think so......
I think the reason why Xiamen airline choose Sibu is the "big" population of Foo Chow ppl in Sibu gua......
Anyway, wish that KIA will be more competitive when it is fully completed!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2005/10/11 20:02

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 214 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.