tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Seeking digital camera recommendations
Home away from home
From Kuching
Oh hey... digital camera enthusiasts out there... I'm up to my neck researching about ultra compact digital cameras to tote around, so I want to ask around what kind do you recommend?

By ultra compact I mean something small and quite thin (I can put up with up to 2 inches in depth) so that I can stuff it into my jeans pocket and go - and so far I've narrowed down my lists to:

1. Canon Digital Ixus 40
2. Casio Exilim EX-Z57
3. Fujifilm Finepix Z1

I don't need big numbers on the megapixel front, around 3-5 megapixel is fine. What's important to me are indoor and nighttime shots. I heard Canon cameras produce a yellowish tinge on skintones, is that right?

Posted on: 2005/12/14 15:12

Re: Seeking digital camera recommendations
Webmaster
From Kuching
Ha i was surveying for cameras 2 months ago.
and i end up buying canon powershot s2. the big and bulky one.

I was interested in Casio Exilim EX-Z57.
its small and compact. it has all the pre-set proffesional shots. dun have to tweak here and there. but I didn't get it because it doesn't have a view finder. and instead, it only use large lcd screen which could be pretty battery consuming.

for the canon cam,
there are lots of tweaking to do when u wan to make a shot. flash, exposure .. etc etc.. the Auto mode its not always useful when u want to make a indoor shot. But as from my experience, canon cam produce really good night shots.

for fujifilm.. hmm i hardly seen it around. have you consider Sony cam?

Posted on: 2005/12/14 15:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching
if I'm not mistaken casio claims its exilim ex-z57 has a very good battery power... 200 shots on a single charge or something like that, better than other cameras in its class. I'm looking at the casio one quite favourably too. I would have preferred Casio Exilim EX-S500 actually, it's so slim, I drooled. But the picture quality leaves a lot to be desired, and lots of reviews say it's not that great either.

as for sony, the only good slim one is Sony DSC-T7... this one you have to look at the picture quality to see for yourself. From what I can see, nightshots not that great either.

Sony DSC-T7 Sample Pictures

Actually, another one I'm looking at Nikon Coolpix S1, I saw the sample pictures and it's very good! But I read somewhere that the shutter lag is quite noticeable.

Posted on: 2005/12/14 16:07

Webmaster
From Kuching
how about sony dsc t9. the very very sexy one. :D. when u use, u also become sexy. :D

Posted on: 2005/12/14 16:20

Home away from home
From Kuching
Wah! Not sexy by default meh?

The DSC T9 has 6megapixel... too much for me... might mean more $$$ too. hehehe...

I went to a photo shop just now... the tauke showed me Canon Ixus i zoom... I think they're promoting that like crazy. It's sooooo tiny! Too bad reviews said the flash is kinda weak. Otherwise it's a good camera.

So far I'm leaning more on Ixus 40 and Casio EX-Z57. At least I'm narrowing it down!

Posted on: 2005/12/14 20:10

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
LOL... IXUS I zoom!!! I want that!!! But the old IXUS I is still in good condition so no point to get a new camera. I love IXUS I but too bad no optical zoom, now the new one with optical zoom though not much but better than nothing goshh... fell in love with it straight away, small and compact and I like the design and it's thinner than the old one heehe... I don't know about the flash though... as my old IXUS I flash is kinda strong and blinding LOL but I dont' care. Weak? As in what? Not bright enough or too bright like mine hahaha...

That day(last month) I went to Jalan Song there, one of the shop, they have this offer of the new IXUS I Zoom, RM1499, free sd card (forgot how many MB), then add on RM100 to upgrade to 512MB if not mistaken and give u another battery. What a deal!!! Sigh.. no money and my old IXUS I is still in working condition and enough for me.

Oh ya... it drains up battery very fast for the 1st generation and 2nd generation IXUS I, the third with all the features of the 1st and 2nd generation and topped up with with optical zoom, not sure about the battery life but it's well-known that IXUS I battery life is short, so with the offer giving another battery that's good! The battery is not cheap too.

Oh ya.. another thing, forgot to mention, if u want extra sd card, better to get the Canon one coz my friend has one IXUS I second generation and the shop ppl gave him free sd card of 256MB of other brand, it causes the camera to lag and sometimes a bit crazy in previewing pictures. Still no harm if u don't mind the lagging. If can afford then go for Canon SD card, it will perform better.

Posted on: 2005/12/14 23:33

Home away from home
From Kuching
Lovebell, I just realized our avatars' creatures got wings... yours white mine black... hahaha

Flash weak? This is what I'm talking about! I tried the Ixus i Zoom in the store... not bad! Just worried about "real life".

Posted on: 2005/12/15 1:23

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
LOL.. the wing is there all these while.

Oh.. this kind of effect, the lighting plays very important role also. From what I see, it seemed like the lighting is the culprit and he/she was using auto mode

Posted on: 2005/12/15 14:56

Webmaster
From Kuching
hey look at the newspaper.
olympus new 6mp digicam !
not as sexy as sony though. hiak hiak

Posted on: 2005/12/15 15:48

Home away from home
From Kuching
The only newspaper around here is chinese newspaper... cannot read chinese. hahaha...

is it olympus sp700?

lovebell, i read somewhere on a review they said ixus i zoom's flash is weak also. You know what? this kind of thing have to test one lar..

the price for canon ixus i zoom is RM1499... I asked the tauke how low can it go and he said RM1400. No free anything tho... not that I need any new SD card, Jee got a lot of spare ones.

Posted on: 2005/12/15 17:05

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]