tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Seeking digital camera recommendations
Home away from home
From Kuching
I forgot to add... when you go to that PBase site and saw all those "Random" photos, hit Reload/Refresh button on your browser to get new pictures.

Posted on: 2005/12/15 17:08

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Well... it's up to u on what u want to buy. I don't really care about the flash thing, as long it's small and compact is enough and enough functions and reliable. All I complain is the flash is blinding and battery life is short, that's all. I think the "weak" could refer to be "too strong" that cause the photos to turn out overburn. I had never came across such a strong flash for a camera. IXUS I is really blinding. "kecil kecil cili padi"LOL...

Usually it will comes with 32MB Canon SD card. If u said,"no free gift meh?", they might throw in a 128MB SD card (not canon one) for you LOL... that's what my friend encountered also gave him a free casing ehhehe... nice leather casing. If can get free extra battery that would be better but the offer at Jln Song there is add on RM100 to upgrade to bigger card and get free battery ahhaha... don't know now still got this offer or not. For my 32MB SD card, I can store around 50+ photos with second best setting. As for my friend with 128MB card, with the highest setting it can store about 100-200 photos.

No matter what, I'm an IXUS I lover!!! HEehehe... coz it really compact and easy to bring, with this new one with optical zoom is really a plus summore thinner. Besides Canon is consider a good brand too.

Also it's up to each individual to view it's good or not good. If ppl say not good that doesn't mean it's bad for u too. There's no set rules for good and bad, it's based on each other preferences/tastes.

Photogrpahy thing is never easy, u need lots of experimentations and skills to get the best shoot. If ur skill is lousy, no matter how good the camera is your photo will also turn out bad too.

Olympus, i saw in the the newspapers too. Hmm... no comment about that coz never use it or touch it LOL...

Posted on: 2005/12/15 17:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching
Memang to get good photos you gotta practice a lot, but I'm hoping for a camera that can work magic. *LOL* just kidding. This is a serious purchase, that's why I'm asking around.

For your Ixus I... I forgot to ask last night, how long before you have to charge it again and is it very hard to configure?

Posted on: 2005/12/16 13:15

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Hmm... it will depends on ur usage. The battery will last longer if u snap and that's it, don't always go to preview it ahhahaha... also not much of setting changing.

How long before next charging? I don't really know. It can usually last a whole day but depends on how u use it. If it's on for most of the time I think it will use up lots of battery. If u just on it when u want to snap some photos and that's it and will on again after sometimes and u're not using it the whole day, it can last for few days. However if u kept on and off on and off, the battery will finish fast too.

Really it's hard to say, like for me, i take pic when i need and it's not continuos usage it can last for days. But if there's events or any functions or any parties or outings like that day we BBQ at your house, my battery was almost flat but still can be used before we started to play PS2. I had charged it fully in the morning and used it for lunch and went home and wanted to charged it full but no time, so charged halfway and bring it to your house.

Configurations, it's all based on trials and errors on wat kind of effects and quality u want. Even till now with my camera almost 2 years old, i still don't really get use to all the functions LOL... I only use the basic ones. Also reading the user manual really helps a lot. It provides u with tips on what mode/functions to use in wat kind of situation. Then the rest it's practice, practice, practice for u to get use to it heheh...

My IXUS I really need a steady hand if flash is not use and in dark situation, a bit of shake, the whole photo will be blurred., if it's bright with natural light, it can produce quite a nice pic and clear pic even with a bit if shaky hand LOL... I'm not the sure IXUS I Zoom got "stabilizer" or not.

IXUS I 5, have much more functions than mine and heavier but same size and 95% same design. So I'm assuming Zoom should be lighter with more functions. It's all up to u to play around to get the result u want, no shortcuts. Like Webbie said, Canon needs a lot of setting which is true but heck... I don't mind.

All photos in my blog are shoot with this camera and I don't do editting much on the pic except resizing. Only edit when it happened that i had shaky hand and usually in situation when it's dark and I shoot without flash. In actual size it might sometimes look awful coz of the shakiness after I resize it, that's what u got in my blog ahahah... the only way is to place it on something like table or tripod stand hehhe...

Sometimes you can't expect too much, coz the lighting around u plays an important role in it. That's why pro photogrpahers always bring all kind of lenses and different type of flashes to attach to their cameras and lighting equipments to get a good photo.

Posted on: 2005/12/16 14:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching
Thanks lovebell... great advice you got there and you shed some more light on this topic.

Posted on: 2005/12/16 17:27

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]