tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Chinese New Year
Just can't stay away
Hi Mike,

January & February are actually happening months for kuching due to chinese new year(CNY). Its interesting to visit during this period, but only if provided you have local friends, so that they can bring you to mix and enjoy with CNY atmosphere here.

All what they said is right, most of the chinese shops are closed during CNY, so, June to Aug are still the best time to visit kuching, especially for the first time visitor like you.

June 1 & 2 - Gawai Festival (good to visit long house)

Early July - Rain Forest Music Festival

August - kuching festival (birthday month of kuching).

So which one you want to join?

Posted on: 2005/12/28 22:45

Home away from home
From Kuching
Hello there mike... I see that you have been well fed with information hahaha.

But if it so happens that when you visit and there is nothing going on here. Not to worry because there are more things to do in Kuching. You may want to visit the cultural village near Damai resort, try out the seafood here very nice and also visit the many historical sites of Kuching, Take a walk around the waterfront you will have a nice view of the Malay village or locally known as "Kampung". Then take a stroll around main bazaar there you will find many ethnic handicrafts of Sarawak.

Then you might also want to go to bako National park, Actually there are a few National parks in Kuching. So it may take some time to take a look at them all. A tour here surely is worth it.

If possible visit Kuching when there are festivals going on like Gawai, Chinese New Year or Hari Raya...It is very fun. Cheers!!

Posted on: 2006/1/19 0:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching
hahah the only advice i can give is dont visit kch during cny.... haha u gonna hunger to death lolx.... shops everywhere is closed except those stall by diff races ppl... and the street will looks like so deserted...

but i think nowadays won liaw kua... should be much more better than few yrs back.... getting more and more populated.... well..... if u r in love with nature kch is a must for u guys out there... things are cheap here too maybe u can come here sapu things also... and not to mention u also can buy the most renowned 'gambir sarawak' wakakaka even lelong them also got ppl sale lolx

Posted on: 2006/1/19 5:57

Just popping in
From Perth, Western Australia
Well our trip is back on and I went to see the travel agent today to book for July.

So, all you Kuching people, what's on in July and what are the "don't miss" things to do?

Mike

Posted on: 2006/2/20 20:28

Webmaster
From Kuching
the rainforest world music festival is a must go.

Date : 7-9 July
Venue : Sarawak Cultural Village

The Rainforest World Music Festival is a unique festival that brings together on the same stage renowned world musicians from all continents and indigenous musicians from the interiors of the mythical island of Borneo.

here is a site about it.

I personally been there twice and they are lots and lots of tourist and locals. Its a event where you can meet all sorts of native people around the world !.

Posted on: 2006/2/20 21:17

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Oh ya... this one make sure u book ur ticket early!!! I heard that it's going to be sold out pretty fast!

Posted on: 2006/2/20 23:30

Home away from home
From sarawak
hi mike..its good 2 hear u coming soon here in kuching..July will be the most fantastic month for visiting.nice weather, lots of activities will for sure let ur knees down to catch ur time..

World rainforest would be the main event on that month.however, with good weather around, others activities will be smoothly done 2. so mike, this is what i suggest 4 u;

i) visiting the Sarawak cultural village + World Rainforest music festival
ii) visiting to the exotic borneo highlands for a nature refresh
iii) semenggoh centre for orang utan visiting
iv) kuching city sightseing (muzeum, waterfront, old market, tribal shops and etc)
v) Bako national park
vi) Gunung gading national park

it will take days 4 u 2 complete all these things.should u need any assistance, do not hesitate to ask @ contact us.

Posted on: 2006/2/23 9:08

Home away from home
From sarawak
the sawk tourism website is quite nice.but i think thwy have to be more creative and put in more tourism products in it.its a bit dull.u guys can see a difference if u surf sabah tourism website.

Posted on: 2006/5/8 9:28

Re: Visit Kuching
Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

kiko wrote:
the sawk tourism website is quite nice.but i think thwy have to be more creative and put in more tourism products in it.its a bit dull.u guys can see a difference if u surf sabah tourism website.

=_= i dun like the new website. It doesn't seem to potray the feel of sarawak.

Posted on: 2006/5/8 10:52

Re: Visit Kuching
Home away from home
From Singapore
Very informative. Pretty much sum up what to do in Kuching!
Notes taken!

Posted on: 2006/5/29 15:59

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.