tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Saberkas Marathon - Hotel, Transport & Friends
Just popping in
From Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya
Dear all,

Hi! I?m from Bandar Sunway, Selangor and I have registered myself for the Saberkas Marathon this coming March 26, 2006 and I am looking forward for a short holiday and a memorable run in Kuching.

The event will start at Bangunan Baitul Makmur (previously known as Bangunan MASJA), Petra Jaya, Kuching.

Here are some questions for the forum. The official website doesn?t help much.

1) Are there any hotels nearby the Start point? Preferably walking distance to avoid the hassle of arranging transport early in the morning.
2) If no hotel nearby, I guess the next best solution is to stay in Kuching city. Any suggestion for hotel? Prefer budget hotel ? less than RM100 per night and nearby tourist attraction.
3) How much does a taxi trip cost from Kuching airport to Petra Jaya and Kuching to Petra Jaya?
4) How is the bus service to Petra Jaya? Where can I get info on bus schedule?
5) Any cat city member running this marathon? Perhaps we could meet up for teh tarik or carboloading before the run etc.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Posted on: 2006/1/5 15:26

Click here for RUNNING WITH PASSION blog

Don?t run in front of me, I do not want to chase you. Don?t run behind me, I don?t want to be pursued. Run besides me?and share my PASSION.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Saberkas Marathon - Hotel, Transport & Friends
Webmaster
From Kuching
I will provide you with answers by tonight or within the next 2 days. my streamyx broadband service ain't serving well. grr..

:D stay tuned ya

Posted on: 2006/1/5 16:01

Webmaster
From Kuching
hie and welcome to the site.

I attached my post with the map of petra jaya. As you can see, there are no hotels in that area. There are budget hotels around the city area. Masja is somewhere in the map, not sure where.

1) Are there any hotels nearby the Start point? Preferably walking distance to avoid the hassle of arranging transport early in the morning.
Nope, there are no hotels nearby.

2) If no hotel nearby, I guess the next best solution is to stay in Kuching city. Any suggestion for hotel? Prefer budget hotel ? less than RM100 per night and nearby tourist attraction.
Most of the hotels are in the city area which is nearby to tourist attractions.

3) How much does a taxi trip cost from Kuching airport to Petra Jaya and Kuching to Petra Jaya?
Kuching airport to the city is around RM15. From the city to petra jaya might cost you another RM15. (not very sure)

4) How is the bus service to Petra Jaya? Where can I get info on bus schedule?
There is a bus operated by Petra Jaya Transport (082-429418).

5) Any cat city member running this marathon? Perhaps we could meet up for teh tarik or carboloading before the run etc.
- speak up if you're one of them !

I don't know much about Petra jaya.. but one of the member here, Fantasi might be able to help. He knows better than I do.

Attach file:

jpg  petra jaya map.jpg (70.38 KB)
1_43bd49ddccc82.jpg 932X719 px

Posted on: 2006/1/6 0:34

Just popping in
From Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya
Dear Webmaster,

Thank you for such speedy reply. I am amazed!

I am looking forward to visit Sarawak again. I was in Kuching briefly two years ago for a meeting and most of the time only get to see the four walls of the conference room.

Perhaps you could update the calendar with this international event. Find out more here.

http://marathon2006.saberkas.com.my/index.php

I will post an entry on Saberkas Marathon in the event forum.

Thanks again!

Posted on: 2006/1/6 9:16

Click here for RUNNING WITH PASSION blog

Don?t run in front of me, I do not want to chase you. Don?t run behind me, I don?t want to be pursued. Run besides me?and share my PASSION.

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]