tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Tell us your Hobby/Hobbies
Home away from home
From Australia
I am never loyal to one, i mean hobby , my hobby will probably last a few years before i start putting interest on a new one. Alright let me just share my hobbies from when i was young, till present.

1. Flying kites - bought a lot and DIY a lot as well

2. Tamiya small track car cultural hit - honestly spent a fortune

3. Grown up, upgraded to Remote Controls instead - last for months

4. Started picking a guitar and playing them at age 13, formed a band at 15 as a bassist, formed another band at 16 (The Crumplers) and became a drummer with another 2 more band members. Probaby the longest hobby and interest I had invested in , but it all crushed when everyone's leaving school and leaving hometown for overseas study.

5. Reside in Kuching, Inti College Sarawak, and started playing with cars, gained the most expensive and fastest achivement in any hobby by modding the whole car in a month! The most painful and most exhausting interest you will ever experienced, imagine I have to get things done each time, within a day, if it takes more, then I would have no car to drive! And yes, painting the kits, in a day! Interest lasted for 3 years!

6. Life moves on, now residing in Australia, and current interest, was suppose to be drinking, but I find phototaking more amusing. We'll see how long this will stay

Tell me yours

Posted on: 2006/1/10 10:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Tell us your Hobby/Hobbies
Home away from home
From Kuching
Reading. As a writer, I find that it's vital to "put words back" after regurgitating them on regular demand. Reading is also supposed to be important to us media people, cept that I really prefer reading fiction to non-fiction. Everything I know about Real Life, I learnt from fiction.

Photography. I used to draw, but it's a slow process and I'm impatient. Taking great portraits of people (especially those who claim they don't look good in photos) pleased me. I'm also fond of self-portraits because most people take funny pictures of me.

Roleplaying. This is hard because there're no active RPG groups in Kuching. I have yet to join a tabletop or pencil-and-paper RPG, but I've played online on and off for the last 10 years. Recently joined a new one created by some old friends, but they're all in US timezones and play when I'm away at work!

That's all I can think of now.

Posted on: 2006/1/10 19:01

Computer games, Badminton, Travelling, Cars, Boats, Fishing, Photography...

Posted on: 2006/1/10 19:40

Just popping in
From Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya
Movies, Music and M.........

Guess what the last M is?

Posted on: 2006/1/10 23:19

Click here for RUNNING WITH PASSION blog

Don?t run in front of me, I do not want to chase you. Don?t run behind me, I don?t want to be pursued. Run besides me?and share my PASSION.

Webmaster
From Kuching
Marathon !

Posted on: 2006/1/10 23:43

From next door
hey tarlia, what good books can u recommend? i'm reading a couple of books at the moment but am mostly spending time with Labyrinth lol

Posted on: 2006/1/12 2:42

Webmaster
From Kuching
LOL
Tarlia recommend this book last week.

Open in new window

Quote:

Girls, here it isb"everything you need to know about boys:
1. Boys come from the Stupid Factory.
2. Boys are pretty much smelly and useless.
3. It is possible to have fun with boys, however.....
4. If you decide to keep a boyfriend, he will need to be housebroken.

With a South Park-for-girls edgy freshness, artist and entrepreneur (David & Goliath clothing) Todd Harris Goldman updates the eternal battle of the sexes. And this time the girls win. Packaged in soft, puffy cover (so if you do keep a boyfriend around the house, he won't hurt himself too much when he tries to figure out what it is by putting it in his mouth), this bright, irreverent book is the perfect girlfriend gift .

"No boys were hurt during the making of this book.

Posted on: 2006/1/12 2:47

From next door
runwitme.. just HOW do u manage to have stamina for all the running that u do?? lol cos i run for like 10 minutes and my lungs feel as if they're gonne burst lol push myself for another 5 minutes and i'm gasping
>< i feel like an unhealthy lump of fat lol

Posted on: 2006/1/12 2:48

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Quote:

Tarlia wrote:
Roleplaying. This is hard because there're no active RPG groups in Kuching. I have yet to join a tabletop or pencil-and-paper RPG, but I've played online on and off for the last 10 years. Recently joined a new one created by some old friends, but they're all in US timezones and play when I'm away at work!

Roleplaying fan here. =D Though like you, never played a tabletop or PnP RPG but I did play a forum RPG once. Unfortunately it ended prematurely.

I do have an Advanced Dungeon & Dragons box set though. My dad got it for me a long time ago when he was in Hong Kong. I was probably 5 or 6 at that time and didn't know how to play. As fate had it, I grew up to be a D&D fan. So I dug it out of the storeroom (still in good condition) recently when I remembered I had the box set. Nobody to play it with though. =P

What RPG games do you play? The forum RPG I played was Shadowrun. I like Forgotten Realms (D&D) and Vampire: The Requiem too. Though I don't really know much about the mechanics in Vampire, as I was introduced to it through the Vampire: Bloodlines game and haven't read any of the sourcebooks yet.

Posted on: 2006/1/12 3:29

Home away from home
From Australia
Alright wait wait wait, first, what is Role-Playing? What do they got to do with games?

Posted on: 2006/1/12 10:53

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.