Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Tell us your Hobby/Hobbies

Games that I played on PC, listed from newest to oldest...

Temple of Elemental Evil, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, (can't remember the rest LOL), Ultima, Heroes of Might and Magic the series,

the classic ones are Eye of the Beholder, Lands of Lore, Legacy, and many more.

I've played pen and paper AD&D but its back in my form 4 and form 5, after that we stopped. Cause my frens now are in KL.

Posted on: 2006/1/12 11:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Quote:

edgar wrote:
Alright wait wait wait, first, what is Role-Playing? What do they got to do with games?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabletop_role-playing_game

It's kinda hard to explain. And because a lot of ppl here don't know what Tabletop RPG is, it can be very frustrating at times when people ask me what it is and I don't really know how to explain.

The article does a good job though.

Also see the 'play overview' section here.

link

Dungeon and Dragons is the most popular tabletop RPG and is generally used to refer to Tabletop RPG.

Btw, Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate 2 are computer RPG that use the D&D rules and are set in the Forgotten Realms, one of the worlds created in D&D.

sunfire: I first got into D&D and the Forgotten Realms through Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate 2. Baldur's Gate 2 is arguably, the best computer game ever made. Epic stuff.

I recently managed to find, after much searching, Icewind Dale (plus the expansion pack, Heart of Winter) and Planescape: Torment (and Fallout Tactics too) at Everrise 4th Mile. Still can't find the first Baldur's Gate though.

Posted on: 2006/1/12 15:58

Just popping in
From Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya
Quote:

albino wrote:
runwitme.. just HOW do u manage to have stamina for all the running that u do?? lol cos i run for like 10 minutes and my lungs feel as if they're gonne burst lol push myself for another 5 minutes and i'm gasping
>< i feel like an unhealthy lump of fat lol

Hi albino
Run...Walk...Run...Walk....
It takes time to build up stamina. Walk first. Then run. Alternately you can choose to run where there are wild dogs to chase you or a place where there are a lot of cuties for you to chase...heheh

Posted on: 2006/1/12 21:44

Click here for RUNNING WITH PASSION blog

Don?t run in front of me, I do not want to chase you. Don?t run behind me, I don?t want to be pursued. Run besides me?and share my PASSION.

nice, yeah i also got Icewind Dale, Fallout, plus some of the expansion pack. Baldur's Gate is the best yeah.

Table top D&D is also known as pen and paper by some players, its easy to explain... there will be one dungeon master(controls the game), and the rest takes role of players(fighter, ranger, mage, cleric etc) and the game is mainly interactive between the dungeon master and the rest of the players.... but I warn you that you must have good imagination and love of the game in order to enjoy it, or just stick with the computer one haha...

It takes a long time and years sometimes....

Posted on: 2006/1/12 23:19

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

albino wrote:
hey tarlia, what good books can u recommend? i'm reading a couple of books at the moment but am mostly spending time with Labyrinth lol

What books have you read before that you like? I can think of a number of good books, but it may not be a universal opinion.

The books I review in my column have so far been things I like. However, most of them can't be found in Kuching.

Posted on: 2006/1/13 2:02

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

KiLL HAnnAH wrote:

What RPG games do you play? The forum RPG I played was Shadowrun. I like Forgotten Realms (D&D) and Vampire: The Requiem too. Though I don't really know much about the mechanics in Vampire, as I was introduced to it through the Vampire: Bloodlines game and haven't read any of the sourcebooks yet.

Most of those that I played are original settings on IRC, web-based chat and forum. They're mostly in a mediaval fantasy setting, which I eventually got tired of and stopped playing for a couple of years. They're also free-form RPGs - no sheets or stats, mostly collaborative storytelling.

The one I just signed up for is mediaval fantasy on web-based chat. The site is specially coded for RPGs, so there are character sheets, XPs and GMs, but "storytelling" is encouraged.

I have a couple of friends (in Kuching) who have sourcebooks for various RPGs, including V:tM, Shadowrun, D&D, Ravenloft and some other stuff I vaguely heard about.

Y'know what I'd really love to try? LARP.

Posted on: 2006/1/13 2:15

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Quote:

Tarlia wrote:
They're also free-form RPGs - no sheets or stats, mostly collaborative storytelling.

I have a couple of friends (in Kuching) who have sourcebooks for various RPGs, including V:tM, Shadowrun, D&D, Ravenloft and some other stuff I vaguely heard about.

So it's just like, continue the story kinda thing eh?

Ravenloft is cool. Unfortunately there's not much support for the setting anymore.

I saw a lot of sourcebooks (mostly D&D Forgotten Realms, but there was also some Ravenloft, Shadowrun and V:tM) at Borders in Times Square KL. Pricey though.

Don't have any of the sourcebooks in book format but I've got quite lot of Shadowrun and FR sourcebooks in pdf format from the Internet. I'm trying to look for a Shadowrun sourcebook recently released, Shadows of Asia, but no luck. I'm interested because Malaysia is in the book. I dying to see how Malaysia's like in the Shadowrun world. :D

Posted on: 2006/1/13 22:48

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

So it's just like, continue the story kinda thing eh?

Don't have any of the sourcebooks in book format but I've got quite lot of Shadowrun and FR sourcebooks in pdf format from the Internet. I'm trying to look for a Shadowrun sourcebook recently released, Shadows of Asia, but no luck. I'm interested because Malaysia is in the book. I dying to see how Malaysia's like in the Shadowrun world. :D

Yeah, it's a story where everyone writes their character's "move".

Ooo... Malaysia in an RPG? I want to see too!

Posted on: 2006/1/13 22:56

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Quote:

Tarlia wrote:

Ooo... Malaysia in an RPG? I want to see too!

Link

Here's a pdf sample of the book. The entire table of contents is there, and Malaysia has a 6 page entry inside. So it's not just a small little article as I feared.

Looks very interesting.

As they have the pdf version for sale, I'm sure it isn't too long before it starts appearing on filesharing programs. Hopefully.

Posted on: 2006/1/14 4:33

Home away from home
From Australia
I found myself landing in a new hobby lately.

What?

Making coffee.

Shit, they kick ass when you make your own quality coffee. They taste different than those prepackaged-ready-to-be-serve coffee like Nescafe and etc.

Buy grounded coffee and use a coffee maker, they taste better, stronger but more expensive, cause you should get a good branded coffee.

Posted on: 2006/8/13 11:13

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.