KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Increase and Decrease
Home away from home
From Australia
I can see that the number of cars on the road in Kuching is double-fold, tri-fold, quad-fold and increasing over time. For once, go to the port in Pending, and watch how many cars are being unloaded off the cargo ship and being sent out, you would be shocked to see the numbers in just a week.

Everyone just want one, let's face the fact that the city and roads in Kuching isnt as big as you would think, the cars are begining to cope up on the figures of the population here in Kuching, cause, everybody just want one.

I dont know if this is going to happen, but if there is no serious action being taken to overcome this situation, I think one day, the number of cars in your local area would equal the population, how surprising.

Economy is going good, everyone can afford one, loans are easily negotiable, vehicle registration are getting cheaper, insurance are readily available. Everyone can own and drive one.

But one thing we are not aware of is, the ratio of the spaces for cars over the number of cars. What is that you may ask, well, car parking spaces remains, sizes of road remains, accessibilities remains, but not the number of cars, they are scarily getting big!

If the number of metro-transport increases, same goes to the services and the routes covered, I think it would help in getting the number of cars on the road down and less hectic.

The only way is to increase public transport and services, and it will naturally decrease the cars on the road.

Posted on: 2006/1/10 17:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]