Re: Any DSLR fans here?
Just can't stay away
From born in KCH, work in SPORE
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
this is my CAMERA

whats aperture btw?

That is a prosumer camera, COOL!!
You can take good picture from this camera, I believe!
Get the right place, right colour, right contrast, right weather, right lighting.....off you go!!

Aperture is a 'hole' control to allow the light react with the 'film' or 'sensor'. This is defined as measure of F2.8, F4.0 and so on. The large 'hole' it is, the smaller figure it is. So F2.8 is bigger then F4.0 Refer to your camera, the large possible is F2.7 - F3.5

The larger it is, once u focus on one object the background can be very blur, it is normal use during portrait setting. The smallest hole used, the more sharpen the picture is. Very often use for depth of field.

Posted on: 2006/2/8 2:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Australia
Yeah, using DSLR cameras is not easy, webmaster, if you think using your current camera is already hard, then using DSLR is even harder.

You will come upon lots of trials and error, a lot of disatisfaction, but the pictures that came up ok, is really satisfying. I only have a normal prosumer camera and sometimes I already find it hard to managed, but the one that came up successfully really makes me feel good, as can be shown in the 'photo sharing' topic.

But your camera is good enough, it even has a 1/3000th sec shutter speed!! That's DLSR standard to start with. If you play with aperture, you will be aware that the larger the number of aperture (smaller aperture hole) then you will get dark pictures, because the amount of light that travels in is little, so it is very underexposed.

But to start off with, try playing with shutter speed first, for night landscape shots, try longer shutter speed, like 8sec or more, some DSLR can go as long as 30sec shutter speed. For fast moving objects, you need a faster speed, like 1/30 or more, that will definitely freeze the objects in the pictures, but do bear in mind that at the speed, you need to be careful with the lightings, make sure they are bright enough, since the shutter speed is fast, that means the amount of light again, is entering at a very fast speed, so you may get dark pictures at times.

The advantage of yusing DSLR is, you will be able to set the shutter speed and apeture at the same time, making it more flexible.

Posted on: 2006/2/8 21:50

Home away from home
From Kuching
Wow... I certainly have learnt a lot in here about cameras. By the way Webmaster how much does that cam cost?

I know a DSLR or SLR cost around 2000 or some up to 4000 something for brands like canon or Nikon, Coz was planning to save some money and get one. hehehehe

Posted on: 2006/2/8 23:00

Webmaster
From Kuching
My cam cost me freakin rm2k. got it around 4 months ago. and i already made 8500 shots with it.

i saw lots of new DSLR cams released lately. nikon, canon and sony are competitng with each other. i read somewhere that one of the manufacturer going to produce a smaller size DSLR camera which is going to be light weight and not so bulky shape. would be cool if it can be produce.

Posted on: 2006/2/8 23:11

Home away from home
From Australia
Hmm, this is going to be tricky, how are they going to fit the aftermarket lenses for the more "smaller" DSLR cameras?

Posted on: 2006/2/9 18:52

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.