Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Wedding Preparation & Suggestions
Quite a regular
From Kuching
Quote:

edgar wrote:
GOOD ENTERTAINMENT MANTRA (Wedding Dinner):

There is no need for your Best Man to be the MC for the night, talking craps and non-sense, some are even not very careful, slipped out some words that offended some, so just tell him to talk less and give more public relations support.

There is no need for story telling by someone who knows you, there is no need for them to speak about what they know about you, it is always going to end up with something good everytime, so it will make no difference, cut that and give more way to some very nice romantic music played by the live band, Jazz is good, but if you can someone who can sing all kind of songs would be better, the best is, if they can take song request

Open up some space in the middle for the dance floor, some people might ended up dancing, others can come along.

Well, this is the western style, or pretty much so, but may not work in Malaysia.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't like the MC to over-introduce the couple and talk irrelevant or non-sense...our concept is simple, warm and sweet, so less talking...nice background music, peaceful & good food!

May not have enough budget for live band playing jazz, the smaller side of imperial hall may not be able to accomodate live band too...anyway, i do know relax MC who can sing nice chinese & english songs and probably can have some of my friends playing one or two live songs using guitar...

Posted on: 2006/2/15 19:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Quite a regular
From Kuching
Quote:

Tarlia wrote:
On to subject of bridal house, another one that I feel it's my duty to warn you about is Pxxxxx Vxxxx, which had a friend of a friend tearing her hair out over many empty promises.

You know what I really REALLY hate about wedding dinners (apart from the bad karaoke)?

The games.

I admit that I do find some funny, like the time when my friend got married and they blindfolded her and made her pick her husband out from among his brothers by feeling their calves.

But the one where they get the bride and groom to kiss on stage for x seconds and made each "second" about a minute long? UGH TACKYTACKY.

Getting friends to sing is a great idea (I'm assuming that these friends CAN sing) and a great deal more meaningful.

Thanks for the advice...i think i know which bridal is that...now located in batu LXXXXXX right? My sis had her photos taken there...expensive and less gowns and simple things given only...worse still my sis knows them...she was upse with the empty promises...

i don't like those silly kissing count down thingy...find it very typical and dull...i will not provide karaoke as some people will sing sad songs...aduhhh! will just ask friends to sing one or two nice songs!

Posted on: 2006/2/15 19:16

Quite a regular
From Kuching
Quote:

Lovebell wrote:
Warning of another Bridal house... FT.
Damn... my friend's sister wedding were almost ruined by them! They forgotten to send the tie to Sibu with the gowns and suit! They had to hunt for a tie from other studios in Sibu! Summore I could find faults in all her wedding photos. *FAINT* Their makeup made her looked like a chinese opera actress in the pre-nuptial dinner in Kuching!
Not only that, they didn't provide services in Sibu and didn't send their staffs over to take care of the bride's make up and hair and even car decor! His sister had to find other studio to do the makeup and hairstyling and this indirectly increase their expenditure! The car decor, they just send to Sibu the picture and the ribbons and asked themselves to tie it. Summore had to hunt for their own bouquet!
If you can't provide people to service the bride and groom there, then don't make your roadshow there! At least you should give them a choice of asking your people to go over to handle the stuffs and the bride and groom are more than willing to pay for your service since they had choosen you to be responsible for it.
So unprofessional!

Usually the package in almost every bridal house will include everthing from pre wedding shoot to the actual day makeup, dresses, suit, car decor and bouquet. Oh well... my friend's sister is also one kind. So stubborn and insist on it and at the end... the wedding... I'm sorry to said, it seemed like a disaster to me. Also the both side of the parents are not very happy with it. Then again it's her choice and she had learnt her lesson but no chance to correct her mistake LOL... unless she remarries ;p

One more thing about them that I experienced myself and Luxferi as well. They are not flexible. You cannot negotiate price with them! They insist you on taking their package, if you don't need something in there, they will replace it with other stuff for you but no matter what no price negotiation!

No credit card accepted as well. You must pay the down payment and after one week you must settle the rest of the payment. Cannot delay, else your package will gone!

Thanks for another valuable advice. I never put FT in my list...heard lots of friends who say don't go there...so sorry to hear your friend's sister bad experience...that's really disaster and lousy service!!!

Pre-wedding shoot, you mean those indoor & outdoor shoot photos is it? How about photo shooting at house, church, wedding dinner, is it a good idea to ask bridal shop photograper or ask for others like those from cahaya, or someone else?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2006/2/15 19:20

Not too shy to talk
From Australia
gary, if you want quality photos, and photos that will last you a lifetime.. i would suggest you go and check out alvin leong. I am based in australia, and alvin is also well known in australia, namely perth. check out his work at his website.. alvinleong.com

hope this help.. :)
amelia

Posted on: 2006/2/15 21:32

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Quote:

garycct wrote:

Thanks for another valuable advice. I never put FT in my list...heard lots of friends who say don't go there...so sorry to hear your friend's sister bad experience...that's really disaster and lousy service!!!

Pre-wedding shoot, you mean those indoor & outdoor shoot photos is it? How about photo shooting at house, church, wedding dinner, is it a good idea to ask bridal shop photograper or ask for others like those from cahaya, or someone else?

Thanks!

Pre wedding is outdoor and indoor shoots the posey posey ones ahahha... usually for some studios, their package covers indoor and outdoor shoots. Some even have package for indoor only and no outdoor. Usually packegs with outdoor shoots cost more. I think what you can do is list down what u ppl want and get quote from them and u can compare.

For actual day is called photojournalistic. I only know two bridal studios that provide this service, Great Wall and Alvin Leong. I think some reporters do part time photojournalistic haha... ;p or some freelance photographers.

Tarlia? Do you? Or you know anyone? ehhehe...

:)

Posted on: 2006/2/15 21:38

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Babyluv,
ehehe.. I suggested to him already ;p and he's not going for it. He told in PM already. So... bopien lor...

Posted on: 2006/2/15 21:41

Home away from home
From Kuching
I hear that Alvin Leong needs to be booked waaaay ahead and he costs a bomb... but his work is incredible.

The other photographer I would recommend (who did associate work with AL and shoots in a similar style) is based in KL, but hiring him would include covering his travel expenses.

Apart from that I can't really recommend anyone.

And that's a lot of bridal houses on the CatsCity Blacklist! These people really need to get their act together.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 22:22

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Quote:

Tarlia wrote:
I hear that Alvin Leong needs to be booked waaaay ahead and he costs a bomb... but his work is incredible.

The other photographer I would recommend (who did associate work with AL and shoots in a similar style) is based in KL, but hiring him would include covering his travel expenses.

Apart from that I can't really recommend anyone.

And that's a lot of bridal houses on the CatsCity Blacklist! These people really need to get their act together.

Yes you have to book alvin very very early! ahhaha... my friend booked him last year in october for her july wedding and he told me that time he's already booked by ppl for 3/4 of 2006.
Not really expensive... he's kind enough to give u a customise quote based on ur budget :) At least he's still cheaper than Jaxxy. summore alvin provide journalistic shoot and that Jxxy didn't but his package can even cost liek 50% more expensive then alvin.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 22:39

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

Not really expensive... he's kind enough to give u a customise quote based on ur budget :) At least he's still cheaper than Jaxxy. summore alvin provide journalistic shoot and that Jxxy didn't but his package can even cost liek 50% more expensive then alvin.

Apparently Jxxxy's wife tells people to lose weight for wedding photos. I find that rather rude.

I already know where I'm getting my dresses in event of wedding - Anggun. Apart from gloriously beautiful kebayas, they also have wedding gowns in my size... and dresses that are actually too big for me! Haha that's my significant wardrobe discovery of 2005.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 22:51

Home away from home
From irenelaw.com
Quote:

Apparently Jxxxy's wife tells people to lose weight for wedding photos. I find that rather rude.

I already know where I'm getting my dresses in event of wedding - Anggun. Apart from gloriously beautiful kebayas, they also have wedding gowns in my size... and dresses that are actually too big for me! Haha that's my significant wardrobe discovery of 2005.

Yes... that's rude and i have more stories about that studio to share LOL... it's all from friends and business asociates. Let's gossip ;p

Got one client of my client actually had an experience with that studio. The bride isn't very pretty. And that studio tell my client's client straight on their face that the bride is not pretty and he didn't want to take their photos. Gossh... the bride was so sad and cried on the spot! So damn rude!

Not only this couple got the bomb, I heard a lot of this cases from that studio from others that I know too...

Posted on: 2006/2/15 23:07

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.