KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

V for Vendetta
Quite a regular
V for Vendetta

is it as hype as the trailer..heard it was adaptation of a novel graphic (k you cant call them comic anymore) author by Alan Moore..(the person who introduce the league of extraordinary gentleman, from hell and watchmen seem to show his displeasement of the adaptation) .and produce by the Wachowski brother who direct the matrix trilogy..

alan moore is well known for potraying a dark and complex character that deals with social and political issue unique than our superman or batman...

i cant wait to watch and how they craft alan moore character on screen...hope they didnt heavily sensors the movie ..just hate to watch a movie with no plotlines

Posted on: 2006/3/23 10:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: V for Vendetta
Home away from home
From The Dreaming
I don't know how it compares to the graphic novel because I haven't read it yet, but the movie itself is awesome. Just went to watch last night with my friends. A good movie that makes you think. And no, I don't think they censored any parts. I was surprised that they didn't censored the scene with dead bodies being buried that showed some nudity.

With the adaption of Vertigo graphic novels such as 'V for Vendetta' and 'Hellblazer' plus other graphic novels and comics like 'Sin City', 'X-Men' and 'Spiderman' which are all quite successful, I'm hoping they will make a movie adaption of Vertigo's 'The Sandman'. Now that would be a movie I'd die for to watch.

EDIT: From a brief summary of the comic in wikipedia, it seems that some scenes and plotlines were changed and omitted in the movie, but the message itself is the same.

Posted on: 2006/3/23 15:04

Quite a regular
Last night it was refreshing watching the movie...and yess kill hannah it was awesome... i love stories that made me think on how i perceive fears and our limit...but i was surprise that i laugh during the movie... expected it to be action movie turn up as a drama movie.. i love how he spoken its a well written movie...

go and have a movie...V for vendetta is awesome

Posted on: 2006/3/25 14:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Hehe..yes, there were some funny parts in the movie. And yes, there were a lot of good lines in the movie, one really cool one was at the starting where he used so many 'V' words in his sentence. Haha..awesome.

The finale of the movie really got me, I kinda had the same feeling I had when watching the battle scene in LotR: RotK, The Battle at Pelennor Fields. Emotional and just awestruck. The music playing, Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture", really added to the effect.

Credits for the well written lines should actually go to the writer of the comic (I assume the lines are identical to the ones in the comic). Actually, come to think of it, adapting a comic into a movie is quite easy as all the lines are already written.

Posted on: 2006/3/26 1:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]