tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

V for Vendetta
Home away from home
From Australia
Open in new window

Rating: MA15+ (Strong violence; Infrequent strong coarse language)

V For Vendetta is based on the graphic novel by Alan Moore and has been adapted for the big screen by The Matrix?s Andy and Larry Wachowski.

Set against the futuristic landscape of a totalitarian Britain, the movie tells the story of a mild-mannered young woman named Evey (Natalie Portman) who is rescued from a life-and-death situation by a man (Hugo Weaving) known only as ?V? ? a striking figure in a black cloak and a high-peaked hat under which he wears a curious mask. Incomparably charismatic and ferociously skilled in the art of combat and deception, V ignites a revolution when he urges his fellow citizens to rise up against tyranny and oppression.

Some thematic comparisons to 1984 may be found in V For Vendetta and, ironically, John Hurt who starred in the 1984 film version of that George Orwell classic, here plays the ruthless dictator, Sutler, whose evil regime feeds endless lies to the downtrodden people. Thugs, who take to the streets at night to terrorise an already-cowed population, maintain government curfews.

As Evey uncovers the truth about V?s mysterious background, she also discovers the truth about herself ? and emerges as his unlikely ally in the culmination of his plan to bring freedom and justice back to a society fraught with cruelty and corruption.

A longggg 2 hours + movie which gets you no where in the first 1 1/2 hour. Really, it is so boring I almost fell asleep and you only really get to see the point of the movie towards the end. It is a good movie, especially to those anti-government people (like me :p, kidding), and a terrorist like movie, but it has meaning on the other end, why and what makes him do everything for and what is his mission to the end.

I would give only 4/10 ratings for this movie.

Not recommended.

Posted on: 2006/4/22 12:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: V for Vendetta
Quite a regular
Oh My Gosh!
This movie is so very boring.
I duh know, it's kinda remind me of opera.

Posted on: 2006/5/21 18:10

I dun get what the movie is trying to say.

4/10 rating.

Posted on: 2006/5/21 19:46

Webmaster
From Kuching
ask u dun watch pirated 1 liao
ahahaha

Posted on: 2006/5/21 20:12

What I meant to say is the content of the movie itself, its about encouraging terrorism... DUH.

Posted on: 2006/5/21 20:42

Webmaster
From Kuching
lols i tot its revolution? i haven't watch yet.. i have it though. *grin* going to watch it one of these days.

Posted on: 2006/5/21 21:04

i just dun get it, V blows up buildings to get attention... I know the intention is for good but blowing up stuff and killing ppl is just not democratic.

Posted on: 2006/5/21 21:16

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
V got some issues. He was being tested as guinea pig for new medicine into becoming a freak. Anyway, that's why he has to hide his face behind that mask. I think there's a scene where he was frying egg with his gloves off. I thought he was wearing some flower flower auntie gloves, but that actually was his skin. thought, it was a watchable movie, but too much talking la.

Posted on: 2006/5/21 22:57

Home away from home
From Australia
He is giving back what the country wanted, that's what he wanted to do. They turned him into a beast, and now he is the beast to the country.

I love the part where the girl was captured by him and put into the bars but the whole scene was a setup by V himself, located inside his house :D

Man he was good haha, and he even shaved off her head!! He has his reason though, so that she won't be recognised by the policemen. Everything he did has its own reason which I think was the morale of the story, or maybe not with his terrorism plan.

Still for a movie, I would give it a low score for the boring film line.

Posted on: 2006/5/22 7:43

Home away from home
From Kuching lah
wat?? guess, u guys have to know som background story bout the guy fawkes character and his 'gunpowder plot', and what he tried to do to parliament and the king at the time. it actually did happen, he tried to blow up the parliament building...which v did. the movie's like set in a country where the government controls wat the public listens and watches. so v is against this so wants to revolt against it. and v was one of the people who the government tested their new found 'virus' thingy. the government in the movie had the virus and the cure. and they wanted to profit. so what do they do, expose the virus to their own people, blame some terrorists for it, who are executed though they didnt actually do it, pretend to finally 'found the cure' later and sell it for profitits. all about corruption!!! which i hate, haha. a simple idea really. a lot of lies and cover ups. my explanation bout the movi might be abit blurry, cant really structure wat i'm tryin to say, lol. you just need to understand what they're tryin to say, and it should make sense at the end. i think the directors did a pretty good job. some really good quotes in the movie too, hahaha.

Posted on: 2006/5/22 13:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]