tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Why aren't you giving your votes?
Just popping in
From Kuching
Came back from Overseas about 9 months ago and haven't registered to vote cause I didn't know how. Now I do though.

What gets me is that I do not know anything about the parties. All I see in the papers everyday is Taib's face plastered on the front pages. And headlines that indicate "Don't vote for the opposition because they are lying!". Most of the articles don't even mention what they are lying about. Oppositions make alot of claims about BN's unethical doings, which sound true, but where's the solid concrete proof? And if it is true, what are they gonna do about it other than bark like mad dogs?

Than all the articles seem to be supporting BN. I never read anything about the other parties, so I dunno what their policies are and how they plan on doing a better job of running the state. And for that matter, I'm not even sure what BN's plan is gonna be! They seem to claim more development, but development is standard, we already have been allocated quite alot of development funds under 9MP. I'd like to know what ELSE are they gonna offer besides development?

Isit me or does this election seem very one-sided to you?

Posted on: 2006/5/20 8:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Webmaster
From Kuching
the other parties does not claim what will they do if they win. but they claim and accuse the current government is corrupted. Lots of money had been allocated but the money had dissapeared.

As for development, the companies doing the development are owned by the party members or leaders. <-claimed by DAP.

So from that, you can see opposition is trying hard to bring up "behind the scene" story of the current government.

One thing we all would like to see is, how "uncorrupt" can they be if they ever win over the current government.

Posted on: 2006/5/20 9:31

Webmaster
From Kuching
huuhuhuhuhuh.... bad news for BN
no clean sweep

N.11 BATU LINTANG
1. VOON LEE SHAN [DAP] 8,806 (menang)
2. CHAN SENG KHAI [BN] 5,399

N.09 PADUNGAN
1. NG KIM HO [Keadilan] 8,002 (menang)
2. LILY YONG LEE LEE [BN] 6,585

N.12 KOTA SENTOSA
1. YAP CHIN LOI [BN] 6,048
2. CHONG CHIENG JEN [DAP] 6,579 (menang)

N.10 PENDING
1. VIOLET YONG WUI WUI [DAP] 11,632 (menang)
2. SIM KHENG HUI [BN] 7,260

Quote:

thestar.com.my

Sarawak Elections: Barisan 62, DAP 6, SNAP 1, Keadilan 1, Independent 1

PETALING JAYA: Barisan Nasional won in 62 constituencies and DAP in six, while SNAP, Keadilan and an independent candidate won one seat each in the Sarawak state elections, according to official results released by the Elections Commission.

Barisan's 62 seats include the two -- Daro and Dalat -- it won uncontested on nomination day.

DAP won in Bukit Assek, Kota Sentosa, Batu Lintang, Meradong, Pending and Kidurong, Keadilan won in Padungan, SNAP in Engkili, while independent candidate Gabriel Adit Demong won in Ngemah.

The Elections Commission announced at 8.30pm that Barisan had won a simple majority of 36 seats.

There are a total of 71 constituencies for the elections.

Posted on: 2006/5/20 23:38

Home away from home
From canada
Looks like a landslide, AGAIN!! Another 5 yrs for the king to further increase his wealth. The voters have spoken, and they don't want change. Did they use those Diebold machines to count the ballots?

Posted on: 2006/5/20 23:49

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

reid wrote:
Looks like a landslide, AGAIN!! Another 5 yrs for the king to further increase his wealth. The voters have spoken, and they don't want change. Did they use those Diebold machines to count the ballots?

haha landslide for BN. lololol. Opposition parties won over major areas, batu lintang, padungan, kota sentosa and pending.

BN won over satok again as usual though.

Now the thing i wonder is, whether Mayor Chan Seng Kai will remain as the Kuching south city council mayor... since he lost in the election.

Diebold machines ? whats that? haha
from what i was told, they do count manually with hands and witness around. ..

Posted on: 2006/5/20 23:58

Home away from home
From canada
Diebold? That's the "Bush Machine" used in Florida & Ohio. Looks like kampong & longhouse folks are diehard BN dupes. Not unlike KL/Fed Terr, where DAP are in control. 1969 was when DAP 1st won KL. They held THAT downtown victory parade which ignited the 'incident' & it was mayhem therafter. The other side couldn't stand the joy displayed by DAP supporters. Hope it won't be repeated in Kuching!!

Posted on: 2006/5/21 2:31

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
Now the thing i wonder is, whether Mayor Chan Seng Kai will remain as the Kuching south city council mayor... since he lost in the election.

I asked that question too last night. Yes, he's still the mayor. The Batu Lintang seat and the mayor post are two different things.

Initially I wasn't keen on the fact that I was covering the elections, but it was rather exciting for a first timer.

With that said, I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Attach file:

jpg  chansk.jpg (39.72 KB)
136_446faee89e611.jpg 400X300 px

jpg  winners.jpg (47.74 KB)
136_446faf5448505.jpg 400X300 px

jpg  violet.jpg (50.04 KB)
136_446fafdfcb6fe.jpg 400X300 px

jpg  dominic.jpg (47.96 KB)
136_446fb0fb1a84d.jpg 400X300 px

Posted on: 2006/5/21 7:47

Webmaster
From Kuching
mayor chan looks sad....... :(
well. its election. somebody had to lose.

another thing i heard about is that. Mayor chan MIGHT not be the mayor afterall. if he didn't win in the election, that would mean.. the public didn't like him being a mayor. possibly thats the reason that made him lose.

people might misunderstand the position of a mayor and a election candidate and I do know some people that they voted opposition hopefully that the mayor will be change.

Posted on: 2006/5/21 9:04

Home away from home
From canada
SUPP is in real hot SOUP, 'cause PM is not too pleased with lots of chinese votes crossing to DAP. However your CM put blame on the PROPOGANDA spewed by DAP that created the loss of 9 seats. Too bad the non-chinese voters didn't have the guts to vote their conscience, or the loss would have been greater. PM would really have blown his top if that happened. It was an excellent start to turning the tide.

Posted on: 2006/5/21 10:55

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
Anyway, Life Goes On. Hee hee, I voted for the first time in my life. Yesterday was really sipay hot. Silau man!!!

Posted on: 2006/5/21 23:10

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.