tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

Re: How to boost local tourism ?
Just popping in
From Sydney, Australia
Thanks very much for the warm welcome. This website is very useful to me.
We will only be in Kuching for one day, 8 am till 6pm. We will be on a cruise on the Superstar Gemini in May. We have never been to Kuching before, but are looking forward to it.
From what I understand, the ship will dock before it actually gets to the Kuching waterfront. At the port.
Tracey.

Posted on: 2006/12/4 19:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Webmaster
From Kuching
Awww... thats less than a day ~
Well, with that such short duration of time.

Once its docked at waterfront, walk across the street to long row of shops called "The Main bazaar". There you can find rows of souvenir shops. local native handcrafts. you may want to bring an empty bag along to carry the items you bought.

Behind the main bazaar are some old streets, Carpenter Street and China Street. Both are linked. There are yummy yummy local food around. Do check it out. Also, there are 2 temples around, look out for it.

Back to the waterfront, along it you can visit the Chinese History Museum and a Square Fort. At one end of the waterfront, you see River Bank Suite (apartment). Opposite the building is Crowne Tower which is a shopping centre.

Bypass Riverbank suite, you will see another landmark which is the Statue of lots of Cats. Walk further, you will see Sarawak Plaza and Tun Jugah. 2 buildings where it should be in sight when you're at the Cat Statue.

i am bad in giving directions.
Refer to the city map HERE

Posted on: 2006/12/5 1:41

Quite a regular
From Memphis TN USA
Perhaps once she visits Kuching she will fall in love with it and come back often like I did. It’s nice that the cruise is stopping there and it would be an interesting way to see Malaysia.

After you visit please check back here and let us know what you thought. Also please share your experiences with Star Cruise Line. I have been on Norwegian and Carnival before but never Star. I actually just got back from a cruise to Mexico Dec 2-7 on the Carnival Fantasy and had a wonderful time.

Posted on: 2006/12/22 7:59

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.