teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: kancil replacement
Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Quote:

edgar wrote:

Why not mate? Cause it really is not something new. Something's new when it is produced by no other manufacturer or at least is different from the original thing. Rebadging is a different thing as 'new'

'The Kancil Replacement" should do the trick rather than adding the controversially-stated NEW, but the author did not say anything about 'NEW' which is to me is a wise thing to do. So what is the big deal?

Nothing is new in this world anymore. obviously parts and ideas are always taken from other people or outsourced. To other companies. Like what Yamaha did for Toyota back in the day. NEW in malaysian sense. If you look carefully, catcity's forum is not talking in context of Australian lifestyle or anything else for the matter.

There is nothing wrong with rebadging it is a safer route to take for the company and the society. Check out the Holden's and Vauxhall. Its a tried and tested route for many large companies. Why do you have to look down on perodua because they are taking safe technology from Daihatsu? It was totally unnessary. And uncalled for.

Posted on: 2006/6/22 19:05

Home away from home
From Australia
Hey mate, stop pouring at me with your judgemental way of referring to what other people has to comment and speak. If you read carefully and try to understand from my way of conveys, I am just saying that it is nothing new, because this car has been around, available, imported, sold, driven, owned in the Australian roads and the rest of the world, JAPAN obviously.

I just want to clarify it to the not-so-well-acknowledgeable people over back home country that this is not a NEW car that is being manufactured by Perodua and it is again, not NEW and not purely MADE IN MALAYSIA. Is this a crime then?

I don't go and judge you when you go all smarty posting direct links to the Daihatsu Coure in regards to the new Kancil Replacement affiliation, did I?

I can just go on and say "Hey, what's wrong with you, why do you have to link us to Daihatsu site and ask us to SELECT Coure, this is a Perodua Kancil and what has it got to do with your Daihatsu? Why do you have to look down on Perodua and try to make its affiliation with Daihatsu so obvious" but did I? Not until now that you forced me to.

See, I understand the concept of how Perodua is marketing its sales, but it is not wrong to acknowledge people that the car has already existed in the world and that Perodua is just rebadging it.

Dont give me craps about rebadging in a good definition of being 'smart' cause I know that too, most people in this world want to save every penny and I can understand why.

I know you have the same thinking as I do, trying to make people aware of this car that has been and is being produced by Daihatsu at the moment as a Mira replacement named after Coure, it just happens that I put it in a different way from you, so until you dont relate Daihatsu and Perodua, then I would argue about New or Not New still.

cheers mate, please don't dig your own grave, it is humiliating.

Posted on: 2006/6/22 22:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Made in Malaysia means Made in Malaysia. no matter what context you put it into. Raw materials come into the factory and come out of the factory as end products. Nike shoes are designed in USA and all across the world and then made in China. Would you say its Made in USA then?

I'm digging my own grave? SO ? what are you going to do to save me? Wow your so hollier-than-thou attitude does not work on me tho. Because I don't care what you think of me. Its my opinion, that edgar is looking down on Perodua for sleeping with Daihatsu. It is also my opinion that Edgar believes that since he has seen the car in Australia, that we Malaysians should not be too excited with the so-called NEW kancil replacement.

And in reference to your last post, it seems you agree with me on all the points then what is your basis of contention?

I'm sorry to say I do not have the same thinking as you. Because I do not have all the answers for all the questions in the world.

Posted on: 2006/6/23 20:09

Home away from home
From Australia
Mate, don't rub it in. When you put Daihatsu's website reference into your post, it is clearly stated and understood that you were inevitably trying to visibly clarifying that this is not new and is a Daihatsu product.

Great, if I buy a whole warehouse of NIKE shirts and remove the tag and rebadge with my own registered name before I re-distribute it into the Malaysian market, it is made in Malaysia huh? Now that make complete sense

I cannot stop you from judging me the wrong way, but I have never behaved or said any such unethically immature and throat-cutting statement to spark any sorts of controversial.

It was your willingness instaure plan on my context that is making you a complete joke.

Posted on: 2006/6/23 20:30

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Its not jst about the labels. Perodua and Proton produce their own parts(most). Turning RAW materials (key word) into end products.

Look in the mirror bro, I'm not the only one who is being seen as a joke in catscity nOw /fists I dont mind playing a fool. Can you?

Posted on: 2006/6/23 20:37

Home away from home
From Australia
Oh common mate, don't take the sissy little parts and turn the whole table of bread into seafood.

You still have to undertsand that, the vast majority of the whole car is still Daihatsu, do you think they made the engine? HAHA, there goes my nuts, replacing the engine heads with Perodua logo is a pussy if you said it is made by them.

Take Holden as an example, although Australians are proud with their locally South Australian made Holden Monaro, but I never ever said it is 'proudly made in Australia' and I will never said that, because I know the the development of this car is heavily influenced and involved by their best alliance Pontiac GTO. Although it is fully made and produced in Australia but you just cannot escape the fact that it is not an original item.

When I refer new, I prefer originality and fresh concept. Now who is the real joker trying to make lame joke? I never joke about my statements if you cannot understand.

Posted on: 2006/6/23 20:45

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Replacing-logo-pussy is the example that you used when you said your going to purchase a whole warehouse of NIKE shirts and change the labeling. That was your idea of REBADGING not mine.

In your example of aussie being proud of the holden monaro, then why do you put malaysians down when malaysians want to be proud of their local car manufacturers. As bad form as they are, they are still M-A-D-E in Malaysia.

Why dont you go out there and laff and every single aussie and tell them that they are driving a knock-off of some product designed and concepted by someone else in a far-away country? Try it, and see what happens.

"When I refer new, I prefer originality and fresh concept. Now who is the real joker trying to make lame joke? I never joke about my statements if you cannot understand."

When I refer new, I prefer brand new, never been seen in which ever market that it was in context with. And now this is a joke? I seriously dont understand your last statement. You said "I never joke about my statements if you cannot understand." Why would you want to joke about YOUR statements when I dont understand? that is so strange... is it an aussie thing? When people dont understand you, you joke about what you said? cute and adorable

Posted on: 2006/6/23 21:11

Home away from home
From Australia
I was referring to how you try to joke with me in your replies.

And for you very shallow information, I, sweared, I did not laugh and put Malaysian down in the first place. All I said was humbly proclaimed and acknowledged Malaysian people that this is not new and is a replica of the Daihatsu model which I have already seen them runing in the streets of Australia.

Was that an insult? Pity you if you think that is, cause it is so lame when someone is honestly enough to apply acknowledgement in their explanation but getting personal assault for it.

Why do you have to go all big and kicking the guts by saying that I am looking down and laughing at Malaysians for this so called new Kancil replacement? Show me? show me which word and sentence in my first post when I was laughing at all of you and discriminate all of you?

If you cannot accept acknowledgement, then you must be one tight arse stuborn hook. Too bad, I cannot see how every Malaysian that behave this way will will ever move on. Again, this is not referring to Malaysians as a whole, only people that cannot accept acknowledgement and information, I can't see anybody else in this forum that is offended by my acknowledgement which has never been an insult/discrimination/controvery anyway.

And can you please explain and answer my question why do you link us to Daihatsu's website in the first place? What sort of information is that?

Posted on: 2006/6/23 22:34

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Apparantly thought about it and i think i didnt post it. cant remember jst wake up. well, purpose of showing the link is to show other people I'm willing to use the online search engine ^__^ and then give them a look on how the interior & exterior (front) might look like. Of course you have to take account of perodua's "enhancements" to localize the machine. Making it NEW.

And My arse is not up to you to discuss about. Its a very personal and private thing.

And for you very shallow information, I, sweared, I did not laugh and put Malaysian down in the first place. All I said was humbly proclaimed and acknowledged Malaysian people that this is not new and is a replica of the Daihatsu model which I have already seen them runing in the streets of Australia.

And for your very DEEP information... i didnt say you laugh. I was not standing behind you when you keyed in your deep information. If you had said this (check underlined) then I would have kept quiet in the 1st place. Compare your both responses and you will find the implications of both are very different.

Posted on: 2006/6/24 14:54

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
Quote:

edwinlgk wrote:see how many... perodua cars
I prefer perodua to proton la. :bad: Airasia to MAS. etc

Posted on: 2006/6/25 13:00

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.