tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

ACER TravelMate C113TCi
Home away from home
From Australia
Hi

Anyone has any information, comments in regards to Acer TravelMate C113 TCi?

Open in new window

Processor Type Pentium M
Processor Speed 1.2GHz CPU
RAM 512MB
Hard Drive 80GB
Display 10.4 inch TFT display
Screen Resolution 1024 x 768
Video Chipset Intel 855GME
Optical Drive DVD/CDRW
Operating System MS WinXP Tablet
Wireless LAN Built in Wireless LAN 802.11g 54Mbps
Bluetooth Built-in-Bluetooth
Weight Kg 1.50

Mom wants to buy it :p she said it's cool. What do you guys think? Is this outdated or what? Is it worth the money or is she better off getting a not so fancy screen but with other better features?

Please comment, so that I can advise her asap before she hand over the money!

Posted on: 2006/8/13 10:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: ACER TravelMate C113TCi
Webmaster
From Kuching
it all depends on your mum to see she wants to use it for. Its good for presentation and good as a giant pda where you can scribble like a piece of paper

as far as the specs are concern, it looks good.

- check the hinge if its durable
- is the battery durable? the lcd consumes pretty much lcd for tablet pc, thats one of the reason ppl dun buy it and you hardly see ppl using it.

Posted on: 2006/8/13 10:42

Home away from home
From Australia
She is not a computer freak, she use computer just to chat with her children located all around the world, emailing, checking websites, reading blogs, using Excel and Words and some acrobat reader .pdf files.

That's about it.

She got a reasonable offer from her friend who is trying to sell her this laptop, she told me that a brand new unit will set back around RM6grand or something? Is that true? She said she got offered for less than that.

I mean for RM6grand is not cheap :( while most up to date laptop will only set us back around RM5grand the most.

I saw somewhere the battery last 3 hours, but I am not sure if the 3 hours is standby mode or continuous usage.

Posted on: 2006/8/13 11:18

Webmaster
From Kuching
heh i won't shitty spend so much on a laptop
technology moves fast and price drops fast. Laptop price will drop wtihin one year.

I think the expensive part is the 360 twist of the lcd screen which may be rather useless for your mum.

and it sux when "friend trying to sell something to you"
something is not right if you know wat i mean

might as well you do the laptop hunting for your mum. and recommend the best one.

if you got 6k to spend, invest it in a higher-end and branded one.. HP or Dell or Sony or something.

Acer's after sales service and support... i don't like......

Posted on: 2006/8/13 11:26

Home away from home
From Australia
I think for my mom's personal use, a cheap mid-entry ones will do :p

Those branded models from HP DELL SONY and etc, all has one thing in common, it get all the goodies, but there is one or two specs that are out of this world (read: shiet)

I think for people like me and her, who does not spend too much time on a computer doing nothing else except for the common neccessary such as emailing, chatting, checking sites, and all the Microsoft office works, there is nothing much we need to ask for.

I am not a gaming freak, I only use an entry level BENQ notebook, and still offers be the best need I will ever need, still isn't too bad.

So long as it comes with a widescreen, wireless, ATI graphics card or hiigher, DVDCDRW, I wouldnt comment anymore, if I need a larger capacity drive, I will get an external hdd which cost much less, if I need a better graphics card, I will by a desktop, if I need a better sound, I would buy a desktop or external sound car.

I think laptop should be as simple as possible just enough to cover all the necessary need to do all the basic work so that it will come down in price and be as light as possible to carry around, thats why we buy a laptop in the first place :)

Alright, no ACER C113 for mom!

Posted on: 2006/8/13 11:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.