New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Forestry Dept gives green light to kill croc !
Webmaster
From Kuching
In one of the news today in borneo post.
Quote:

Forestry Dept gives green light to kill croc

KUCHING Sarawak forestry has given the green light for killing or capture of the estuarine crocodile which threaten the villages at Kampung Bako with fear. Estuarine crocodile or locally known as "buaya katak" is a PROTECTED ANIMAL listed in the Wild Life Protection Ordinance 1998.

"If the animal is a threat and is declared to be dangerous to life or property as in the recent case, hunting , killing or capturing of the said animal involved in the attack is allowed in accordance with the provision made in the Ordinance," said Sarawak Forestry's chief wild life warden Wilfred Landon in a statement yesterday.

"Ground investigations which had been conducted earlier,give evidence that the victim was attacked by a crocodile," said Wilfred.

<previously there was a case about a boy killed by a croc>

... full news in the borneo post Sept 7,2006.

I read this news and I was like wtf? The Forestry Dept is so... unproffesional in their work. HOW can such department be authorized to protect the nature in the country! "They just gave the freakin green light to kill an freakin PROTECTED ANIMAL in their own natural HABITAT !

Don't they freakin learn anything from the late Steve Irwin? They can always try to capture and relocate the crocs !

Now we learn that the Forestry Dept protect the protected animals by allowing villagers to kill it.

Posted on: 2006/9/7 22:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Forestry Dept gives green light to kill croc !

!!! I don't know what to say

Posted on: 2006/9/7 22:16

Home away from home
From Australia
Talk without brains, that's what the authorities are famous for.

Maybe in the worst scenario, yes, killed the one croc or crocx that has been coming back and disturbing the peace and creating harm to the local people, such as the legendary 'Bujang Sarawak'? but they have to get ready if the killing leads to profit making

Posted on: 2006/9/7 23:22

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
In one of the news today in borneo post.
Quote:

Forestry Dept gives green light to kill croc

KUCHING Sarawak forestry has given the green light for killing or capture of the estuarine crocodile which threaten the villages at Kampung Bako with fear. Estuarine crocodile or locally known as "buaya katak" is a PROTECTED ANIMAL listed in the Wild Life Protection Ordinance 1998.

"If the animal is a threat and is declared to be dangerous to life or property as in the recent case, hunting , killing or capturing of the said animal involved in the attack is allowed in accordance with the provision made in the Ordinance," said Sarawak Forestry's chief wild life warden Wilfred Landon in a statement yesterday.

"Ground investigations which had been conducted earlier,give evidence that the victim was attacked by a crocodile," said Wilfred.

<previously there was a case about a boy killed by a croc>

... full news in the borneo post Sept 7,2006.

I read this news and I was like wtf? The Forestry Dept is so... unproffesional in their work. HOW can such department be authorized to protect the nature in the country! "They just gave the freakin green light to kill an freakin PROTECTED ANIMAL in their own natural HABITAT !

Don't they freakin learn anything from the late Steve Irwin? They can always try to capture and relocate the crocs !

Now we learn that the Forestry Dept protect the protected animals by allowing villagers to kill it.

I support webbie hoho...
yeap they shud relocate the animal capture it maybe keep it at Jong croco farm or send it to Matang wildllife Sanctuary for safe keeping and from harms way.

Posted on: 2006/9/7 23:31

Home away from home
From Australia
They want to cut cost and save money from having to pay some officers to go out and hunt down / capture this crocs and put them in a safe place.

Posted on: 2006/9/7 23:34

Home away from home
From Kuching lah
Quote:

edgar wrote:
They want to cut cost and save money from having to pay some officers to go out and hunt down / capture this crocs and put them in a safe place.

sounds convincing enough. cant be bothered to spend money catching them, so just kill 'em!!??? ridiculous.

Posted on: 2006/9/8 20:08

Webmaster
From Kuching
update on the shitty news.

the kampung hired a bomoh (shaman) to the scene and the bomoh said the crocodile may surrender himself within 3 days, cause of feeling guilty. lol . lets hope the croc swim all the way to Steve Irwin's Australia's happy zoo

Posted on: 2006/9/9 12:29

Quite a regular
Poor crocs. I hope all of them would swim out from S'wak into Steve Irwin's Australia's happy zoo.
They would never be happy here with those ignorance always on to them.

Posted on: 2006/9/10 18:52

Home away from home
From Australia
so how many days has it been? surrendered?

Posted on: 2006/9/10 21:49

I heard from the locals, it's a custom to kill one croc if the croc attacked and killed a human.

"An eye for an eye"

Crocs there don't usually attack human, unless they are provoked. I am not sure how this case is, but that's how it has always been.

Reason given is, if the animal has eaten flesh, it will attack again and again cause food(human) is easy to find.

Same custom is practised in India/Peninsular for tigers.

Posted on: 2006/9/10 21:55

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.