tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Sony's New DSLR
Home away from home
From Australia
Sony's new DSLR A-100 is the shit! Well, it is actually called the Alpha 100.

Visit here

Sony A-100

Sony A100

View some of the videos

It takes 3 frames per second!! And the AF is incredibly accurate and fast, I tried it on the other day, it actually focus by itself as you move. I am super amazed with what Sony had achieved this time, also I was not a big fan of Sony cameras until this one came up 5 weeks ago.

It has 2 control dials! Yes, both sides!!! One for 'Mode' and on the left is for the function such as ISO etc, how cool is that? And the LCD view is superb with its function. It comes with a standard 18-70mm lens, and as we know Sony owns / have been using Carl Zeiss lens, which is a very good lens manufacturer, and so far, there is no other aftermarket lens available for the A100 just yet, but there is a complete list of available lens for the camera through orders they are pretty good. I will list in some of the aftermarket A100 available lens here for your references:

Zoom Lenses:
SAL1870 DT*18-70 / F3.5-5.6
SAL1118 DT*11-18mm / F4.5-5.6
SAL24105 24-105mm / F3.5-4.5
SAL75300 75-300mm / F4.5-5.6
SAL18200 DT*18-200mm / F3.5-6.3

Macro Lenses:
SAL50M28 50mm / F2.8
SAL100M28 100mm / F2.8

Teleconverter Lenses:
SAL20TC 2x Tele-converter lens
SAL14TC 1.4x Tele-converter lens

Wide Lenses:
SAL20F28 20mm / F2.8
SAL28F28 28mm / F2.8

Standard Lens:
SAL50F14 50mm / F1.4

Reflex Lens:
SAL500F80 500mm / F8

Fisheye Lens:
SAL16F28 16mm / F2.8

Smooth Transmission Focus Lens:
SAL135F28 135mm F28

G Series Lens:
SAL35F14G 35mm / F1.4
SAL70200G 70-200mm / F2.8
SAL300F28G 300mm / F2.8

Carl Zeiss Lenses:
SAL1680Z DT*16-80mm / F3.5-4.5 Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
SAL85F14Z 85mm / F1.4 Planar T* Lens
SAL135F18Z 135mm / F1.8 Sonnar T* Lens

So as you can see here, there are a wide options of lenses that you can order for the Sony. However, not everything is perfect, from my opinion, there are other small other things about the Sony A100 that puts me back, such as the batteries, where you can only use the Sony Lithium rechargable batteries, you cannot use your normal rechargable AA batteries, and they dont come cheap in case you want extra spares. The memory cards used are CF which is not cheap as well, especially if you want large capacity with fast transfer rate.

But everything else besides the two, I love the Sony and for the introductory price right now at AUD$1699 starter pack with 18-70mm lens, it's pretty good.

I am saving up to get a DSLR; before I was thinking to get the Nikon series, but I decided on the more expensive Canon because the owner of the camera shop that I go all the time, he is a Canon man, and he shows me qualities of Canon, but he gave a thumb up for the Sony, he said he is pretty impressed with the quality, the functions, the flexibility, the intelligence of the camera. So, yeah, I might consider that!

Tell me what do you guys think.

Posted on: 2006/10/11 8:09

Edited by edgar on 2006/10/11 8:48:11
Edited by edgar on 2006/10/11 8:50:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Sony's New DSLR
Just popping in
From kuching
First of all ask urself wat u want for photography and wat play in you mind...sony alpha is a good camera but for long time how it gooooo like services, widest of lenses and potetial of development......

Just ask urself which one u reallly interested and like....

Posted on: 2006/10/11 16:11

Home away from home
From Australia
If I knew what I preferred, I wouldnt have ask.

But anyway, I would like a second opinion about this camera. Personally, I would like to get Canon, but they are not cheap, and their lenses range are more expensive to add on to the list.

The Alpha 100 has very strong features for an SLR, they have a wide ranges of lenses that you can get as well, and their deals and prices are cheaper, which caught my attention.

Buying an SLR is not an easy decision to choose which brand or model you like, if you made the wrong decision, you will have to bear with the loss cause as soon as you hold ownership of the camera, it depreciates in value.

So I would like a second opinion, or should I just save to get the better known Canon?

Posted on: 2006/10/12 6:20

Webmaster
From Kuching
Just get a good SLR. its like computer , its upgradable. lol

Quote:

But everything else besides the two, I love the Sony and for the introductory price right now at AUD$1699 starter pack with 18-70mm lens, it's pretty good.

Thats RM4757.00 !! With that money, you can probably get a very good Nikon SLR with TWO lens !

I won't not go for Canon. its in my blacklist already. the servicing here sux. got bad experience with them.

Posted on: 2006/10/12 8:53

Just can't stay away
From kuching
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
Just get a good SLR. its like computer , its upgradable. lol

Thats RM4757.00 !! With that money, you can probably get a very good Nikon SLR with TWO lens !

I won't not go for Canon. its in my blacklist already. the servicing here sux. got bad experience with them.

wow RM4757 ah.. yalo the price i think it reallly need to consider on that , can get a nikon wif two lens already beside that the sony also new in DSLR too , then sony price will be little more expensive then the other . better consider really 1 or not. but so far i heard those people using the alpha still got no compliment yet just heard they complain about the price

why canon in ur blacklist webbie, bsc of ur s2 battery grip problem hia? ... i just oder canon 400D from my studio frens only haha

Posted on: 2006/10/12 14:31

Webmaster
From Kuching
ayor another kaki canon. 400d ah.. aiseh. moving to SLR liao
good good. more kaki ahahha

yalor my canon S2. send to repair. i told them the exact problem.
wait for freakin more than 1 month. after i got it, they change the stupid battery cover only where it isn' faulty at all. Then wan charge me somemore cause battery cover not under warranty.

I said the problem not fix yet. then my flash cover got scratch abit. kanasai. i complain. then they say wan send my camera back to KL again. =_= i say nvm liao. So canon is in my blacklist. no more canon products for me. learn a lesson and never again.

now its Nikon! Nikon! Nikon! all the way for me.

Posted on: 2006/10/12 14:38

Just can't stay away
From kuching
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
ayor another kaki canon. 400d ah.. aiseh. moving to SLR liao
good good. more kaki ahahha

yalor my canon S2. send to repair. i told them the exact problem.
wait for freakin more than 1 month. after i got it, they change the stupid battery cover only where it isn' faulty at all. Then wan charge me somemore cause battery cover not under warranty.

I said the problem not fix yet. then my flash cover got scratch abit. kanasai. i complain. then they say wan send my camera back to KL again. =_= i say nvm liao. So canon is in my blacklist. no more canon products for me. learn a lesson and never again.

now its Nikon! Nikon! Nikon! all the way for me.

aiyoh. like that ah u send direct to the canon service center or the ratail shop.. (scare me leh ) for me i think i`ll better send to the canon service center directly if i get problem.. haha. more safety bcs wat i know it sometimes u bring things to warranty on the retailer shop then just cincai help u buang here and ther then sometime will forget somemore...

so now our webbie are totally NIKONIAN now

Posted on: 2006/10/12 15:13

Webmaster
From Kuching
lol that is what i did., i send directly to the canon office. and i thought it would be faster if i did.

and darn. all the servicing will still be done in KL. the ppl here fix canon printer only i think or something.

so again. i am dissapointed with their service. and never again buy Canon product until they prove they are worthy of their after sales service.

Posted on: 2006/10/12 15:20

Just can't stay away
From kuching
like that u really scaring me leh hahaha. hope thaht they will improve their service soon.. hope my camera won`t get problem until 7 -8 years later hahaha

Posted on: 2006/10/12 15:25

Home away from home
From Australia
I don't think servicing is an issue here. Digital photography idustry is big here, so is the sales and services.

I used to like Nikon, it has it's own advantages, most of them that I like such as the battery and the memory card (every single little things are to my preferences).

But after consulting and talking to a number of professional, everyone says they prefer Canon and that Nikon is for entry level to professional photography, but if you want to step into the serious commitment, Canon is the way.

So guess I will just have to save a little bit more to get a Canon then?

Posted on: 2006/10/13 7:35

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.