tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Sony's New DSLR
Just popping in
From Kuching
Well, I honestly haven't tried a Pentax DSLR myself, but their lenses are apparently quite unique in optical design and many people swear by them. But it's very difficult to find their lenses here and the 2nd-hand market for Pentax here is almost non-existent.

As for Sony, well, I'm not a big fan of Sony stuff...so I'm a bit biased against Sony. But I'm really not that impressed with the A100, especially now that the Nikon D80 and Canon 400D is out.

Heck....I'm this close to buying a D80 myself....

Posted on: 2006/10/30 21:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Quite a regular
From not so far from home
Quote:

leechwong wrote:
.. the 2nd-hand market for Pentax here is almost non-existent.

As for Sony, well, I'm not a big fan of Sony stuff...so I'm a bit biased against Sony. But I'm really not that impressed with the A100, especially now that the Nikon D80 and Canon 400D is out.

Heck....I'm this close to buying a D80 myself....

No one want a second hand Pentax, I don't know why.

I also choosing between 400D and D80. I like the 400D but don't like the kit lens, I like the 80D, but don't like the SD card.

Posted on: 2006/10/30 21:25

Just popping in
From Kuching
I'm using a Nikon D70s at the moment so slightly biased towards Nikon.

Canon 400D had nice high ISO noise control but the D80 is very close. I don't like the 400D's built though....much prefer the feel of the D80 and the way it operates.

SD card is quite cheap and easier to find than CF cards, especially in Kuching. As for the 400D's kit lens, you can always but a body only kit or just don't care abt the kit lens lah, it's not worth much anyway.

Even for the D80, I'd forgo the 18-135mm kit lens and save the money to buy something like the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 (which I have and love..)

Posted on: 2006/10/30 21:31

Quite a regular
I have ask the price of 400D body only + sigma 17-70mm, it cost about the same as D80 kits. If that is the case, I rather get a D80. The problem is I don't like SD as I already have CF cards.

Posted on: 2006/10/30 21:36

Just popping in
From Kuching
I also have 4 gb worth of CF cards.....all Sandisk and Lexar too.

But D200 too pricy lar...I think a basic SD card is only around RM180 now.....probably cheaper..

Posted on: 2006/10/30 21:56

Quite a regular
Actually CF card have much advantage over Sd card. First, CF have higher capacity ( it can have up to 16GB, you wouldn't want to know the price). and SD only can up to 2GB, the SDHC can have to 4GB but not all card read support it.

CF is also much fast than SD. At lease theoretically.

Posted on: 2006/10/30 22:05

Home away from home
From Australia
Yes, CF is faster than SD, but the price and the availability is one huge difference.

By the way, between the Nikon and the Canon, which one is faster when shooting in RAW files?

Yeah, I think I would continue to save for a Canon, seems like every shops that I go to, the salesperson and the boss, prefers Canon over Nikon. And with only a couple of hundred bucks difference (converting to RM would be RM1000 difference), but still, the support here is endless.

Posted on: 2006/10/31 7:56

Just popping in
From Kuching
I'm not sure if the supposed better speed of CF cards do make a big difference in shooting unless you're shooting massive RAW files from a high-megapixel camera.

I just prefer the bigger CF cards since they're much easier to change (yeah, I've got butter fingers).

Edgar, you only buy what you're most comfortable with since you're the end-user, not the shops. Do try out the different models before buying though. I originally wanted to get a Canon 350D last year but after trying it out side-by-side with a D70s, decided otherwise.

Posted on: 2006/10/31 8:46

Home away from home
From Australia
It is so hard to decide which one I am more comfortable with. I may be comfortable with the Nikon, even with the price, I would be much happier, but the support and the popularity and demand for Canon really deters my personal preferences.

I dont want to end up buying a DSLR that I regret later and not being able to re-sell at a good price, all used items are a bargain and haggle here, so I always need to make the right decision.

I just wonder, how many people would actually wish to own a Canon over Nikon, if money is not a matter.

Posted on: 2006/10/31 10:26

Just popping in
From Kuching
Gee, if money is not a problem and I still wanna shoot weddings, I'd probably have gone for a one of Canon's full-frame bodies plus several L lenses. Just for the high ISO performance. But since money is not a problem, I'll also have several Nikon bodies as well...tehehe!

Both Nikon and Canon are very popular and well-supported.I don't how are things in Adelaide but I'm quite surprised to hear that you're deterred from Nikon by popularity and price. Plenty of people will say that Canon is better at high ISOs and I agree...then they'll say that Canon has more lenses....but are you going to buy all those lenses? Canon has a big share of the pro market mainly due to the fact that it was the first to come out with IS on its long telephotos and these lenses are in the RM15k above range.

It really doesn't matter which brand you use as long as you can find enough lenses to suit your needs and budget. You can't really go wrong with Nikon or Canon...

Posted on: 2006/10/31 12:34

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.