tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Unlimited Blast @ Stampark Main Hall BDC Kuching 17 Nov 2006
Home away from home
From Kuching
Three Pro Events SDN BHD presents:
UNLIMITED BLAST !

Venue: Stampark Main Hall, Kuching, Sarawak.
Date: 17 November 2006
Time: 7.30pm till late
Ticket: RM40 + 1 Beer.
DJs: Andre & Spazz

Attention all Sarawak shufflers and party people!! Dj Andre & Spazz promised us GREAT music! So please don't miss it! There will also be a shuffle performance by Hazard Minors! Please support our local entertainment scene! Give your support thoroughly, and make Sarawak a better place to shuffle and party!

For further info & purchase of tickets (immediate stocks), please PM/contact below persons :

Eldon 016-8946363 (eldon87@hotmail.com)
Celtique (gracie2311@hotmail.com)

Link to event info / main supporter's forum : http://www.mash.com.my/modules.php?na ... rums&file=viewtopic&t=566

Malaysia's clubbing events listing @ http://freewebs.com/clubinfo

Posted on: 2006/10/21 10:26

Edited by Celtique on 2006/10/21 10:59:44
Edited by Celtique on 2006/10/21 11:06:34
Edited by webmaster on 2006/10/22 13:31:47

Re: Unlimited Blast @ Stampark Main Hall BDC Kuching 17 Nov 2006
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
What is a performance shuffle? And what does Unlimited Blast mean?

Posted on: 2006/10/21 14:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Webmaster
From Kuching
shuffle is a type of dance where ppl would wear really baggy pants
and hoop around. i also dun really know about it. dance with alot of footwork

Posted on: 2006/10/21 17:22

Home away from home
From Kuching
Yup, in full we call it the Melbourne Shuffle. It is a style or type of dancing usually done to techno, hard trance, hard house and hardstyle music and is synonymous with the Rave Scene.

This is possible the best description of how it is done, but to really get a feel for the shuffle I suggest you download some videos and see for yourself (eg. you can check them out in Youtube.com, tags: melbourne shuffle, shuffling, shuffler, and so on).

The shuffle is a fast heel-and-toe movement, coupled with a matching arm action. While the dance is free-form (no two people ever shuffle exactly the same) the basic step involves repeatedly shuffling your feet inwards, then outwards, while thrusting your arms up and down, or side to side, in time with the beat. The upper body continues to "bop" with the music (eg. movement of arms, hands (liquiding), shoulders, head; cap trick, glowsticking, etc).

With practice, shufflers can add a 360-degree spin, a fancy side-step or two, and even a double-footed jump to match the peaks of the music. Talcum powder is sometimes sprinkled on the floor so dancers can slip and slide faster as they shuffle. There\'s even a competition, the Shuffle-Off, held in Melbourne every few months.

The shuffle is one reason why, to the thousands of Melbourne people who go night clubbing every week, this city has a unique dance culture. More than 100 clubs - most but not all of them in the central business district and inner suburbs - cater to the electronic dance scene. Now it has become popular in the West Malaysia, now in Sarawak!

Here is profile of the Kuching shuffle team who called themselves Hazard Minors - http://www.friendster.com/29455283

Posted on: 2006/10/22 12:33

Edited by Celtique on 2006/10/22 13:04:00

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Hahaha.... I thought I was the one that invented the shuffle? Back when I was 18.

I remember back when I was younger this style of dancing was kinda taking off. But back than alot of ppl looked quite stupid doing it (prob me included). But the video that webbie put up those two look quite decent. But I don't think its that hard to do this dance. Just gotta have really fast feet and be energised like a horny rabbit .

Posted on: 2006/10/23 10:10

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
But I think I'd have a heart-attack if I were to try and do something close to what those guys are doing in the video

Posted on: 2006/10/23 11:28

Quite a regular
From Brisbane
hhmm...looks like msian are into trance and shuffling...well done...
guys, have you ever heard of drum n' bass or a.k.a junglist??? it is a bit mixture of house, trance, reggea and etc. the last time i ever heard any news about drum n bass was back at year 2000 when it was held at KL Movements. Apparently, it didnt attract many people into it. I've tried to play drum n bass songs when I was back at sibu just for try out but apparently everyone was booing at me...oh well...different taste i guess...

Posted on: 2006/10/24 13:47

Home away from home
From Kuching
I guess Sarawakians just cant adapt to other genres like that besides euro dance, feng tau, techno, rnb.. mostly. sadly there are still ppl that are so into those over-hardcore fengtau above 155 bpm tunes here lol.. giving me headache each time i hear it, whereas among the shufflers here.. hard house/hardstyle, hard trance are preferred by most of them. Personally I'm a trance freak and hard shit myself.. in fact i do listening to all sortsa genres. I presume u are dj yourself, Stalker :) Are u a member of www.worlddj.com ? more on my personal interests in the dance scenes & music http://www.worlddj.com/gracieho

Posted on: 2006/10/25 14:25

Quite a regular
From Brisbane
Celtique, i wont declare myself as a dj as i just do some mixing when im free...and im not the member of that site...
i totally agree with u that sawarakians are a bit confined to those musics especially the fengtao...ggeezz...i just hate it so much...
hey, i looked at ur webbie and u r interested in drum n bass...give me a hell yeah if u r...

i'll certainly contact u if im going back to kch someday...we can organise a rave party somewhere u name it with our own tools...

Posted on: 2006/10/26 8:21

Home away from home
From Kuching
Rave party? include me please
I will bring my Video and camera together . ho ho ho

Posted on: 2006/10/26 9:40

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.