tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Video Camera
Home away from home
From Australia
I am planning to purchase a video camera since they are on a very very darn competetive pricing at the moment preparing for the Christmas celebration.

So with my current budget, I am looking at a few brands in the market which are all pretty much the same specs except for different of brands and quality, so between:

1) Panasonic
2) Samsung
3) Canon

which one is more recommended? which one has a better video recording quality?

Anybody has any idea?

Thanks

Posted on: 2006/11/15 21:43
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Video Camera
Webmaster
From Kuching
how about JVC?

Posted on: 2006/11/15 22:02

Home away from home
From Australia
Good question, I've set my budget for the video camera, so the JVC is out of the range, the JVC models that are available currently in the Australian market are higher specs, so they are too much from what I would pay.

So anyone here knows the video quality of these 3 brands? Which is better? Video quality is my main priority at the moment, while the specs and features will come second.

Posted on: 2006/11/16 5:05

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Digicam Buyers Guide

Says there that 3CCDs produce better quality images than one. Whatever CCDs are.

Posted on: 2006/11/16 8:33

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
CCD stands for Charge Coupled Device. One of the two main types of image sensors used in digital cameras. When a picture is taken, the CCD is struck by light coming through the camera's lens. Each of the thousands or millions of tiny pixels that make up the CCD converts this light into electrons. The number of electrons, usually described as the pixel's accumulated charge, is measured, and then converted to a digital value.

A good place for technology product review is http://www.cnet.com/ they provide comprehensive reviews and comparisons.

Posted on: 2006/11/16 13:48

Webmaster
From Kuching
How about Sony ?

Posted on: 2006/11/16 14:05

Home away from home
From Australia
Sony is very good actually, with it's Carl series lenses, but the problem is, they no longer produces Minitape camera, all their latest model incorprates either a DVD or a HDD, which is not my preferences because they will not produce a better quality than the older Minitapes technology.

Why? Because in either DVD and HDD, the recordings will be compressed and hence compromising the video recording quality.

So I ended up buying the Panasonic instead, a good bargain, for just AUD$510, I get the camera and the rest of the accessories that comes with it, a bonus carrying bad and a 3 tapes pack of tapes.

I am very excited as I am getting this for my girlfriend (unfortunately, not for myself :( ), but when I tried it out at home just now, I saw one small dead pixels from the LCD screen, fuck I hate LCD defects dammit.

So yeah, I am returning it tomorrow in hope to echange for another unit.

The Canon is a good build camera, but lack of features such as only 25x optical zoom, no image stablizer etc, and is fair bit more expensive than the Panasonic.

So yeah I will take some photos of the camera tomorrow when I get an exchange unit and try to upload some video recordings as well, then we'll see. Damn excited!

Posted on: 2006/11/16 20:15

Home away from home
From Australia
Well, yeah got another new replacement unit with no dramas at all (know the owner for quite sometime after asking him tonnes of questions regarding DSLR lol).

So yeah, he said the dead pixel on the LCD screen is a very very rare defects, but sometimes , shit does happen. But good thing, this camera has a manual focus; yes, they called it a prosumer mini dv lol, manual adjustment.

Here are some photos, I have yet to start recording until christmas when my gf initially open the gift, so until then, I will get some video recordings uploaded, and we'll see how the quality is like.

Posted on: 2006/11/18 9:56

Webmaster
From Kuching
Lol manual focus? that is something my sony dv don't have.
it uses tape media? what model is your panasonic dv? let me read the specs.

Posted on: 2006/11/18 10:31

Home away from home
From Australia
opps, actually I haven't seen the spec and the model number yet and it is wrapped up in the christmas wrappers now LOL.

Yes, it is using tape media cause I couldnt be bothered with the rest of the offerings such as DVD and HDD, definitely will never consider a HDD because you need to transfer your video into your laptop or produced them into your DVD recorder in order to record new videos once it is full, not very ideal considering I might be going travelling for quite sometime next year.

DVD units are huge, heavier and the recording quality will be compromised once recording starts when the files will have to be compressed in order to produce the DVD disc.

So the mini tape version will remain the best value for money + good recording quality + practicality.

Now the problem is, what software to use to transfer the videos into my laptop? hmm

Posted on: 2006/11/18 11:14

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.