Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users


 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 2 (3)


Re: Taib Explodes over Family Wealth Remark
Home away from home
Joined:
2005/12/30 12:58
From Kuchingite
Posts: 3875
Offline
Quote:

ian wrote: It's good to have some opposition in the seats to question or oppose certain issues. Otherwise these people will all agree to all the dumb plans that cost lots of money which are executed badly. It'll balance out politics.
Totally agree about this point. We cannot see through people's heart or are they really telling the truth. that's human nature, the opposition is also human, but now we have to put our trust in opposition. because the current administration suck too much. They suck in the land lease issue, they suck when they let cut down the trees at the airport road, they suck when people need pay RM7 for the 7 year bridge, they suck also when people's luggage get broken into at the airport, they suck for bringing in faulty proton cars, they suck for letting MAS charge a high airticket price to finance a 1mil dollar painting at MAS HQ, they suck also for not building a petroanus twin tower in sarawak, etc etc. . . I am hungry after thinking so much "suck" things...

Posted on: 2006/11/25 19:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Taib Explodes over Family Wealth Remark
Not too shy to talk
Joined:
2006/9/12 10:58
Posts: 30
Offline
The major task to undertake......STOP re-electing BN to power and dismantle the mandate for them to mismanage the state, and above all, to eliminate blatant nepotism in the system. At the moment it looks like a one-man rule with little or no transparency in how the gov't conducts its business. DAP can be the eye-opener and hopefully, its 'drum-beating' will not fall on deaf ears of the electorate, come next election.

Posted on: 2006/11/26 8:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Taib Explodes over Family Wealth Remark
Webmaster
Joined:
2003/6/27 19:19
From Kuching
Posts: 7931
Offline
I read the newspaper.
every single issue the DAP brought up has been shot down terribly. the oil issue and poverty.

DAP's Chong said the difference of the rich and the poor gap are growing. rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer. Furthermore, Sarawak is said to be one of the richest state. Something must be very wrong there.

BUT when the issue was brought up. BN shot it down and deny what is mentioned and they said Sarawakian each house hold income is consistently getting better.

hmmm?

Posted on: 2006/11/26 10:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Taib Explodes over Family Wealth Remark
Home away from home
Joined:
2005/12/30 12:58
From Kuchingite
Posts: 3875
Offline
Quote:

webmaster wrote:... the richest state... BUT when the issue was brought up. BN shot it down and deny what is mentioned and they said Sarawakian each house hold income is consistently getting better.
Har? we are not getting anywhere if outside people still thinks we live on tree top. regarding the house hold income getting better what does that mean? is it because people can pay a 9 year car loan (although they maybe halfway the car kena tehtarik balik) so become the income increase? something wrong.

Posted on: 2006/11/26 11:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Taib Explodes over Family Wealth Remark
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/1/9 0:13
From Australia
Posts: 2669
Offline
LOL, I would love to see the video footage of the assembly meetings

Posted on: 2006/11/26 23:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Taib Explodes over Family Wealth Remark
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/11/23 18:22
From miri
Posts: 763
Offline
Quote:
BN shot it down and deny what is mentioned and they said Sarawakian each house hold income is consistently getting better.


I can testify that this statement is total bull. Maybe their own pockets are consistently getting better. They also said Miri Port was just fine but in reality it's collecting dust like nobody's business.

But it's time to get some REAL non-biased statistics.

Posted on: 2006/11/26 23:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Taib Explodes over Family Wealth Remark
Home away from home
Joined:
2003/11/13 11:15
From Kuching
Posts: 1107
Offline
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
BUT when the issue was brought up. BN shot it down and deny what is mentioned and they said Sarawakian each house hold income is consistently getting better.

hmmm?


total and utter bullshit... it's been the same for a long, long time. Food and other necessities are slowly increasing and our income is still the same.

These people have their heads stuck in clouds lah. Even driving on the road need police escorts... bloody hell. For once, just live like a normal person - then KNOW the meaning of living like one - before dismissing a very valid point raised by DAP.

Posted on: 2006/11/27 15:43
_________________
Blog: Just Ann's
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Taib Explodes over Family Wealth Remark
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2006/7/12 8:45
From Kuching
Posts: 789
Offline
Taken from Malaysiakini today:

27/11/06
Tony Thien

SUPP TO FISH IN OPPOSITION WATERS

Sarawak United People's Party (Supp) is likely to sound more like an opposition party as it rebuilds to gain back public confidence after its poor showing in the state elections held in May.

Party chief Dr George Chan, also deputy chief minister, today announced that issues affecting the civil service have been added to a list drawn up for Chief Minister Abdul Taib Mahmud’s attention. The party would like to see these being resolved before the next elections.

Other issues listed are on land lease renewal, native customary rights (NCR) land and Chinese education.

However, the decision to take up the matter of NCR land could touch a raw nerve as the chief minister’s relatives and political supporters have allegedly benefited from the issuance of land leases for hundreds of thousands of hectares involving NCR land.

Many natives have gone to court to challenge the issuance of land leases to plantation and logging companies on the grounds this has violated native customary laws.

Opposition parties, especially DAP and Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR), have also been vocal in urging state authorities to provide annual funding to help independent Chinese schools and mission schools with repairs and maintenance and to build new classrooms to cater to increasing intake.

Now not to be outdone, at least in the eyes of the non-Malay community, Supp wants to raise the issue of recruitment and appointments in the state civil service.

After the party lost eight of the 19 seats contested in May, it received feedback on various problems and issues.

It has since formulated a Forward Plan to win back public support, confidence and trust. The Plan is to be tabled at the party's special delegates conference on Dec 10 before several hundred delegates from the 35 branches in the state.

Posted on: 2006/11/27 15:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Taib Explodes over Family Wealth Remark
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/8/10 22:42
From kuciang
Posts: 1717
Offline
Quote:

TeQuiLa wrote:
Taken from Malaysiakini today:

27/11/06
Tony Thien

SUPP TO FISH IN OPPOSITION WATERS

Sarawak United People's Party (Supp) is likely to sound more like an opposition party as it rebuilds to gain back public confidence after its poor showing in the state elections held in May.

Party chief Dr George Chan, also deputy chief minister, today announced that issues affecting the civil service have been added to a list drawn up for Chief Minister Abdul Taib Mahmud’s attention. The party would like to see these being resolved before the next elections.

Other issues listed are on land lease renewal, native customary rights (NCR) land and Chinese education.

However, the decision to take up the matter of NCR land could touch a raw nerve as the chief minister’s relatives and political supporters have allegedly benefited from the issuance of land leases for hundreds of thousands of hectares involving NCR land.

Many natives have gone to court to challenge the issuance of land leases to plantation and logging companies on the grounds this has violated native customary laws.

Opposition parties, especially DAP and Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR), have also been vocal in urging state authorities to provide annual funding to help independent Chinese schools and mission schools with repairs and maintenance and to build new classrooms to cater to increasing intake.

Now not to be outdone, at least in the eyes of the non-Malay community, Supp wants to raise the issue of recruitment and appointments in the state civil service.

After the party lost eight of the 19 seats contested in May, it received feedback on various problems and issues.

It has since formulated a Forward Plan to win back public support, confidence and trust. The Plan is to be tabled at the party's special delegates conference on Dec 10 before several hundred delegates from the 35 branches in the state.
..THE THIRD LAST PARAGRAPH IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT.IT IS ALREADY AT ITS CRITICAL CASE...

Posted on: 2006/11/27 16:02
_________________
And when things get difficult , Draco's star shown more brightly for all of us who knew where to look.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Taib Explodes over Family Wealth Remark
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/3/11 2:16
From canada
Posts: 427
Offline
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
I read the newspaper.
every single issue the DAP brought up has been shot down terribly. the oil issue and poverty.

DAP's Chong said the difference of the rich and the poor gap are growing. rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer. Furthermore, Sarawak is said to be one of the richest state. Something must be very wrong there.

BUT when the issue was brought up. BN shot it down and deny what is mentioned and they said Sarawakian each house hold income is consistently getting better.

hmmm?



PRETTY CLOSE TO THE LIES BUSH & HIS REPUBLICAN PARTY TELL AMERICANS, WHEN 3 MILLION JOBS ACTUALLY LEFT THEIR SHORES FOR CHINA & INDIA! HOMES HAVE TO BE SOLD OR MORTGAGED TO PAY MEDICAL BILLS AND/OR SEND KIDS TO COLLEGE. SURE, WALL STREETERS ARE GETTING WEALTHIER BY THE MINUTE!

Posted on: 2006/11/28 12:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 2 (3)

 Topic is Locked


You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]