tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Site Review 2006
Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
dear webmaster... if the people find site not user friendly people would not want to come back... unless they already know how to use bah... so dont you think its wise to invest in making it MORE than a site, so can get MORE people.. and then get MORE advertising revenue and MORE leng lui in here?

just my dua puluh sen

Posted on: 2006/12/11 22:56

Webmaster
From Kuching
Gerald,
Heh its a good idea. the site has a big collection of data.
I started by eliminating the weblog section where it gets no update for a very long time. merging it with articles.

I organized the content as simple as it could possibly get and I don't know how much simpler it could get.

Example
An menu item is clicked.
a sub menu pops up underneath the menu clicked.

When you need to upload images.
there will be a composer. The composer consist of "Upload", "text composer" and other useful buttons.

I am adminstrating the site as a webmaster. I really can't see the view point from a normal user. So I won't know how much "User Friendly" I can make the site.

give your opinions and suggestions.

btw changing the design may cost me $$$$. I won't be able to do it on my own. May need to hire pro. programmers + designers.

Further more, this site is not for me. its for you guys and anyone who is interested in Kuching. It was never meant to make profit. Little profit are made from the site just so I could cover the server costing annualy. It isn't enough to generate an income to upgrade the site into a sophisticated form. The main objective of the site is "Sharing Information".

btw edgar,
the tagline "more than just a site" has long been terminated. Its not in use for more than a year already.

Posted on: 2006/12/11 23:13

Edited by webmaster on 2006/12/12 0:28:30
Edited by webmaster on 2006/12/12 0:30:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Australia
It is just a 'site review' from me. I don't hope to have anything changed to get MORE of everything :)

And could probably be the answer to why many people registered in this forum but never an active forumer. If they are reasons why people should register in the forum to view some content I can understand. But I can see people registering every day but never make it into the forum postings.

I would presume that is due to the complication of too much information in this site they don't know where to look for it. I am not hoping to see a change, nor am I hoping to see you put in money just for the benefits of us as a free user.

And I can understand how you don't see things the way we see it because you build this site, you know your way around it, but others may not.

Posted on: 2006/12/12 4:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Well another issue is kch ppl la.. they see things they dont like or duno how to use or do they dont ask or inform. how can ppl change or make things better?

Catscity takes a while to get use to but its already pretty good in my point of view. :D

Gambatte neh!

Posted on: 2006/12/12 11:31

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.