tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: How to Help Flood Victims?
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Hehe, I called Red Crescent yesterday too. But they were all out for lunch so I spoke to the receptionist. She didn't know much and she sounded abit shocked when I mentioned I'd like to donate items to Johor flood victims.

Posted on: 2007/1/17 9:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching
Heh... they must be getting calls. She immediately passed me over to the man when I mentioned the Johor floods. I'm gonna look into this expected Kuching floods thing. There's no reason why we shouldn't be prepared to help out for that.

Posted on: 2007/1/17 10:00

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

Tarlia wrote:
Well, that was interesting.

I called the local branch of Red Crescent and the gentleman informs me that they are not collecting items for West Malaysian victims because charges of sending over will not be cheap. He informs me that we are expecting floods here, so donations of items will be appreciated anyway.

He also sounds a little indignant that I'm asking about people in Johor instead of considering my own backyard first.
i think he got a point there,we got to look after our own backyard.that big flood might comes knocking at our doors anytime...

Posted on: 2007/1/17 14:33

Home away from home
From Kuching
Yes, he has a point. Anyone who still wants to donate to West Malaysian efforts can follow the instructions given on the websites.

As for the rest of us, still wanna donate time and effort in the eventuality of local disaster? Give a shout.

Posted on: 2007/1/17 23:45

Home away from home
From Kuching
True in a sense... but we still gotta help others who are currently in need aye? well I hope this year the flood will not hit us. I heard Miri has been hit already. Not sure I heard... please let Kuching be flood free this year.......

Posted on: 2007/1/18 1:03

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

edwinlgk wrote:
True in a sense... but we still gotta help others who are currently in need aye? well I hope this year the flood will not hit us. I heard Miri has been hit already. Not sure I heard... please let Kuching be flood free this year.......
Pray hard man and offer some roasted ducks & chickens to the Rain King - spare Kuching,drizzle will do.. i still remeber few years back,we got this La Nina warning and i was pretty worried becos my house is a single storey one.

Posted on: 2007/1/18 15:12

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]