Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 2 3 (4)


Re: China technology and standard today is higher and going faster than m'sia?
Not too shy to talk
Joined:
2007/1/27 17:07
Posts: 40
Offline
KL population 28,xxx,xxx????? My goodness, sure are jammed tight!

Shanghai sure doesn't win 'em all. I am sure some Shanghainese would think the grass is greener on the other side, like a lot of us. Otherwise, why are there a lot of Chinese all around the world!

Take the long house, for example; if the westerners visited one, some would think these people live in deployable conditions whilst the rest would feel this is the way life should be lived. Now, where's the truth?

Posted on: 2007/1/28 15:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: China technology and standard today is higher and going faster than m'sia?
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2005/11/23 15:37
Posts: 132
Offline
Quote:

invisible wrote:
Quote:

Resuree wrote:
Try shanghai.

population in Shanghai is 12,xxx,xxx
K.L is 28,xxx,xxx
shanghai sure win la!!!


I don't know where did you get the information from. But apparently you have made a mistake here.
Shanghai is the largest city in China. According to Wikipedia, the population of Shanghai is approximately 18,670,000 with the density of 2,945/km². [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai ]

While the population of KL is only 1,479,388. See the difference? Even the population of Greater KL is merely 6,527,057. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuala_lumpur ]

I've just came back from Shanghai.
I must say that Shanghai is really a big city, with very good infrastructure. And yes, I agree that in many parts of China they are advancing faster than Malaysia. They really have a lot of money to develope their cities. Many cities in China have their own subway system. Here? Only KL has the crappy LRT system. What for? It doesn't even solve the traffic jam problem! And will you use the LRT to go elsewhere in KL? Holy Jesus! I only used it once! And I won't use it again because the design is so lame! There's no proper pedestrian passage for the interchange station, can you believe it? I actually had to cross a busy highway to go to another station. What the heck!

Better don't mention it to your friends from other countries because it's really men-siasoi-kan~

Metro Station
Metro Station

Nanjing Road a.k.a. Orchard Road of Shanghai

Yu Garden


Oriental Pearl Tower (3rd Tallest in the World)

Model of Shanghai City at Shanghai Development Exhibition Hall
(Look at the skyscrapers!!!)

Posted on: 2007/1/28 21:32

Edited by DaVinci on 2007/1/28 21:54:49
Edited by webmaster on 2007/1/29 10:28:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: China technology and standard today is higher and going faster than m'sia?
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/1/9 0:13
From Australia
Posts: 2669
Offline
China is progressing well ahead of Malaysia.

Even though they started developing later than Malaysia, however, their late developments had certainly beaten us flat out. In fact is is going so fast they have to source billions of tonnes of steel from Perth, Australia. Really? Yes, it has certainly helped Australia and Perth, Western Australia in particular, with more people moving to WA to work in mining industry. Just like way back in time, when timber industry are one of the wealthiest business in Malaysia.

The problem with China however is, only the north where Beijing and Shanghai are more well-developed, if you go to the province where your grandparents and great grandparents came from the south), they are still more to be expected, but they will catch up nonetheless.

The only problem with China at the moment, is the government. Corruptions are unevitable especially in developing countries. Please list me any developing countries that are not corrupted?

However, the point I want to stress is, even until this date, at the rate of developments, despite it's modern government, is still influenced with communism. Surprising, but true, communism is still practiced in their government body, eg. take the example where yahoo is selling information to Chinese government. Yes, big company and Chinese government, created the controversial which spike anger in China, and a few Chinese citizens arrested and sentenced to jail term.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 13:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: China technology and standard today is higher and going faster than m'sia?
Home away from home
Joined:
2005/12/30 12:58
From Kuchingite
Posts: 3875
Offline
china has natural resources. imagine if they do not sell out their natural resources & the west continue to milk asia, afrika.. etc. one day only china will have all the resources & they will call the shots. . . they need corruption to prevent invasion like usa did on iraq. i guess it's part of business.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 23:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: China technology and standard today is higher and going faster than m'sia?
Home away from home
Joined:
2005/11/29 11:58
Posts: 318
Offline
Quote:

DaVinci wrote:
Quote:

invisible wrote:
Quote:

Resuree wrote:
Try shanghai.

population in Shanghai is 12,xxx,xxx
K.L is 28,xxx,xxx
shanghai sure win la!!!


I don't know where did you get the information from. But apparently you have made a mistake here.
Shanghai is the largest city in China. According to Wikipedia, the population of Shanghai is approximately 18,670,000 with the density of 2,945/km². [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai ]

While the population of KL is only 1,479,388. See the difference? Even the population of Greater KL is merely 6,527,057. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuala_lumpur ]

I've just came back from Shanghai.
I must say that Shanghai is really a big city, with very good infrastructure. And yes, I agree that in many parts of China they are advancing faster than Malaysia. They really have a lot of money to develope their cities. Many cities in China have their own subway system. Here? Only KL has the crappy LRT system. What for? It doesn't even solve the traffic jam problem! And will you use the LRT to go elsewhere in KL? Holy Jesus! I only used it once! And I won't use it again because the design is so lame! There's no proper pedestrian passage for the interchange station, can you believe it? I actually had to cross a busy highway to go to another station. What the heck!

Better don't mention it to your friends from other countries because it's really men-siasoi-kan~

Metro Station
Metro Station

Nanjing Road a.k.a. Orchard Road of Shanghai

Yu Garden


Oriental Pearl Tower (3rd Tallest in the World)

Model of Shanghai City at Shanghai Development Exhibition Hall
(Look at the skyscrapers!!!)

Ya, Shanghai is 10 times bigger than KL, and it's one of the most high-tech city in Asia, also called second New York in Asia .

Can compare it to Shanghai VS Malaysia .

Posted on: 2007/1/30 1:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: China technology and standard today is higher and going faster than m'sia?
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/1/9 0:13
From Australia
Posts: 2669
Offline
The New York of China? No way , still far from that mate.

Posted on: 2007/1/30 6:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: China technology and standard today is higher and going faster than m'sia?
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/11/23 18:22
From miri
Posts: 763
Offline
Quote:

edgar wrote:
The New York of China? No way , still far from that mate.


Yeah, no Donald Trump in China yet...

Posted on: 2007/1/30 11:06
_________________
MiriResortCity.com | MiriBiz.com | MacUser.my
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: China technology and standard today is higher and going faster than m'sia?
Just can't stay away
Joined:
2006/2/5 22:58
From kuching sarawak
Posts: 91
Offline
Quote:

DaVinci wrote:
Quote:

invisible wrote:
Quote:

Resuree wrote:
Try shanghai.

population in Shanghai is 12,xxx,xxx
K.L is 28,xxx,xxx
shanghai sure win la!!!


I don't know where did you get the information from. But apparently you have made a mistake here.
Shanghai is the largest city in China. According to Wikipedia, the population of Shanghai is approximately 18,670,000 with the density of 2,945/km². [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai ]

While the population of KL is only 1,479,388. See the difference? Even the population of Greater KL is merely 6,527,057. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuala_lumpur ]

I've just came back from Shanghai.
I must say that Shanghai is really a big city, with very good infrastructure. And yes, I agree that in many parts of China they are advancing faster than Malaysia. They really have a lot of money to develope their cities. Many cities in China have their own subway system. Here? Only KL has the crappy LRT system. What for? It doesn't even solve the traffic jam problem! And will you use the LRT to go elsewhere in KL? Holy Jesus! I only used it once! And I won't use it again because the design is so lame! There's no proper pedestrian passage for the interchange station, can you believe it? I actually had to cross a busy highway to go to another station. What the heck!

Better don't mention it to your friends from other countries because it's really men-siasoi-kan~

Metro Station
Metro Station

Nanjing Road a.k.a. Orchard Road of Shanghai

Yu Garden


Oriental Pearl Tower (3rd Tallest in the World)

Model of Shanghai City at Shanghai Development Exhibition Hall
(Look at the skyscrapers!!!)

sori it was my fault u r rite.
http://www.world-gazetteer.com/wg.php ... o=-152&srt=npan&col=aohdq

Posted on: 2007/1/30 11:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: China technology and standard today is higher and going faster than m'sia?
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/1/9 0:13
From Australia
Posts: 2669
Offline
No matter how potential a country is, with a poor government administration, it will never get anywhere. With the current economy boost in China, we would have expected everyone to be doing really well off over there, but apparently not, the rich gets richer, they poor remains the same, that is a true reflection of poor government administration and as I had said before, communism and corruption.

Many big companies are investing in China, thousands of factory plants are setup all this while, for what reason? DAMN CHEAP LABOUR!

How can a country that is now regarded as so advance, so modern, and boosting in its economy can maintain such a cheap labour? Obviously, something is not right, as any of you might have expected.

I wouldn't be surprise if China will be the next India, just like what happened 50 years ago. If you haven't know, go and do some research and you will know what actually happened, and how a country that was regarded as the most developing country in the world can crush and be that poor now.

Remember, Lee Kuan Yew (Singapore's ex president) once said 50 years ago, that he wants to take the lead in Singapore to become the next India because he admire India so much at the time. But I am glad he didnt, gone the right way, move on, until this date, while India, went on, wrong way, and plunge all the way down, until this date.

Hopefully I will not see this happening in China cause I am proud to be Chinese.

Posted on: 2007/1/30 20:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 2 3 (4)



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]