tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

The Saw Franchise
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
I just found this out, that one of the creaters of Saw - James Wan - was born in Kuching!

He went to St Thomas primary school before moving to Perth, and than finally residing in Melbourne where he attended RMIT and met his co-creator of Saw - Leigh Whannel.

I just thought that's cool, cause I'm a fan of the first Saw movie. I thought it was genius

Posted on: 2007/2/1 14:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: The Saw Franchise
Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

TeQuiLa wrote:
I just found this out, that one of the creaters of Saw - James Wan - was born in Kuching!

He went to St Thomas primary school before moving to Perth, and than finally residing in Melbourne where he attended RMIT and met his co-creator of Saw - Leigh Whannel.

I just thought that's cool, cause I'm a fan of the first Saw movie. I thought it was genius
..Borneo Post got featured him a few years ago,i think. btw,what was that Saw movie about ?

Posted on: 2007/2/1 15:31

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Its about a serial killer who kidnaps his victims and places them in situations where they must perform something horrific in order to save their own lives.

One example in the movie was when the Killer kidnapped a girl and a guy. He placed a 'Jaws of Death' type thing on her head, where if she doesn't remove it within a certain time, it will slam shut and she will die a grisly death.

The catch was that the key to unlock this thing was inside the guy's stomach... where he is drugged and unconsious. So in order to save her own life, she would have to cut open the guy's stomach to retrive the key.

Is that sick and disturbing or what?

Posted on: 2007/2/1 15:50

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

TeQuiLa wrote:
Its about a serial killer who kidnaps his victims and places them in situations where they must perform something horrific in order to save their own lives.

One example in the movie was when the Killer kidnapped a girl and her boyfriend. He placed a 'Jaws of Death' type thing on her head, where if she doesn't remove it within a certain time, it will slam shut and she will die a grisly death.

The catch was that the key to unlock this thing was inside her boyfriend's stomach... where he is drugged and unconsious. So in order to save her own life, she would have to cut open her boyfriend's stomach to retrive the key.

Is that sick and disturbing or what?
..so inorder to get the key,the boyfriend had to take a laxative to pass it out? ..is it like that?

Posted on: 2007/2/1 15:56

Webmaster
From Kuching
heh i only watch "The Saw" in the scary movie movie. the beginning part of the movie.

Posted on: 2007/2/1 16:12

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Well I recommend you guys watch it man! Its a future classic!

Its very good plot and the movie was very well-made and directed.

Its also not really scary and not as gruesome as it was marketed.

Its just that the story is disturbing and makes you wonder what you would do if you were in that situation.

Posted on: 2007/2/1 16:48

Home away from home
From Kuching
Saw was great! Well, the first one anyway. Didn't bother watching the rest.

Also didn't realise that James Wan was from Kuching.

Posted on: 2007/2/1 16:53

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

Tarlia wrote:
Saw was great! Well, the first one anyway. Didn't bother watching the rest.

Also didn't realise that James Wan was from Kuching.
..yeah,.hes from Tabuan Jaya actually,so anybody staying at Tabuan jaya should be proud lah,a film writer in the making

Posted on: 2007/2/2 8:35

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
He's not just a film-maker in the making, he's already made it!

The budget for the first Saw film was only something like US$1.2 million. They weren't even planning it for a cinema release, it was gonna go straight to video/DVD.

The response was so great from the film-festival screenings and the rights were snatched up by major distributors.

In the end the movie grossed over US$100 million worldwide! Can you imagine that???

The makers of that movie become instant millionaires from that one movie!

Posted on: 2007/2/2 10:11

Home away from home
From Kuching
There's a lot of other people in the making in Tabuan Jaya, cept nobody's gonna care until we get famous.

This will usually involve moving to a country that's more supportive of our interest instead of staying in one where the government will want you to play by their rules or else, and the general community will judge you as a Malaysian first and as an artist second.

I can't count the times people turned their noses up on the half of the Malaysian entertainment scene that is trying hard to break out of the government-endorsed stereotype. They have to win awards in foreign film festivals before they are recognised here. Even then, there are a lot of people who won't give them the time of day because they hold Hollywood above all else, especially above anything "Malaysian made".

And when you do beat all odds and become famous, Malaysia will behave like they had something to do with your success... apart from the fact that their limitations probably drove you out of the country in the first place.

The government will then offer incentives to attempt to lure you back because you can help nurture similar talents in the country, forgetting that:

(a) no matter how much they offer, it's never going to top whatever they are earning from their new home;
(b) the whole reason why they're successful is because by lack of choice or natural progression, they didn't stay here;
(c) there's talent here that can use that incentive they're trying to flap at Jimmy Choo. Leave the the rich and famous alone and pay attention to those of us right under your noses.

To return to the topic at hand, I'm happy that Saw was made by a Sarawakian. It's exactly the kind of film that will never get made in Malaysia.

Why yes, I got up on the wrong side of bed this morning. :P

Posted on: 2007/2/2 10:30

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.