New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Kuching is the Cleanest City, Healthiest City but ...
Just popping in
From kuching town
hahaha...i'm not related to any dato . also dont have title for dato...i'm just ordinary person...

Posted on: 2007/2/8 14:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

edgar wrote:
The hotel operator and those working there sounds a bit suss as well.

How would you not know when there is a robbery.

How would you not help someone who is being stabbed, with blood stains all over, and not call the police or emergency and let the victim drive by himself badly injured?

Maybe it happen late at night where the hotel operators are on night shift where 1-2 employees are working. Close 1 eye ^^
well u got a point there, probably the police are looking into it

Posted on: 2007/2/8 16:09

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

virgodoll wrote:
hahaha...i'm not related to any dato . also dont have title for dato...i'm just ordinary person...
...*sigh*...nasib nasib Good,i love ordinary person

Posted on: 2007/2/8 16:47

Home away from home
From Borneo
So, should my parents bring cameras to Kuching?

The story sounds a bit far fetched to me too.

Posted on: 2007/2/8 19:32

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

deadpoet wrote:
So, should my parents bring cameras to Kuching?

The story sounds a bit far fetched to me too.

Bring a compact one is good enough. well always put safety and precaution into priority when travelling. Motobike rider snatch thieves are still around. (usually in neighborhood areas).

When walking on the side of the road, remember to walk further inside instead of exposing to dangers where the snatch thieves can reach while on their bikes.

Do not approach just anyone for directions. May contact sarawak tourism for any enquiry - 082-423600. Or some ppl with much decent looks. Most of the taxi drivers are nice people. Their records are good so far.

Do not go to dark alleys as usual.

Do not believe what some street idiot says. Like telling you "I have a very good bargain.. come follow me to my car..." (they will nab ya)

Do not get con by operating shop business that says "You won a lucky draw! a home threatre system worth RM30k !!!, but 1st u need to purchase our product which cost minimum of RM2k" --- NEVER ever trust that sort of deal, its a gurantee rip-off. Never even bother to play their computer lucky jackpot game.

If you need to draw some cash from the ATM, remember to do it on broad day light in shopping complex. Do not do idiotic stuff like waving and counting your money in public. A small cash is always a good idea so you don't have to expose the stash of money on the wallet.

Well those are just some precautions. Kuching is still pretty much a safe place. U can make complain to the Sarawak Tourism Board if anything happen. Preasure them and they will preasure the government and government will preasure the police. ^__^

Some numbers that may be handy:
Police Headquater : 082-274222
General Emergency Number: 999
(For cell phones ) : 112

Posted on: 2007/2/9 3:00

Home away from home
From Australia
If you are well educated enough (not saying that you are not well educated!), you would be able to tell who is good who is bad.

Anyone could be suss in Malaysia, you just can't trust anyone. Instead, you have to be more careful, as for the fact of snatch thief, just make sure you hold on to your handbags tight, don't make yourself looked like you are an easy target.

Posted on: 2007/2/9 6:52

Home away from home
From Borneo
Kuching, sounds to me, is as safe as KL, no? I think I'll tell them to get a permanent taxi driver when they are there

Posted on: 2007/2/9 13:06

Home away from home
hire urself professional bodyguards. wakakkaa....

however, there's one more issue. do u really trust those security guards on duty? of any buildings, carparks, or anywhere.

to me, they are juz bunch of workless ppl who r desperate enough to work as security guards. no responsibilities are taken into account in their job. sit around, from morning till midnight, juz to earn the money.

Posted on: 2008/1/7 11:55

Home away from home
From Kuching
Bring a German Shepherd around lol
save the police's number in ur hp too..

Posted on: 2008/1/7 13:24

Home away from home
From in your mind
It's always two sides of a coin. We want development (in terms of properties and infrastructures), which we seems to be getting with all the projects going on in recent years. For that we have to hire the foreign workers because not many locals want to be involved in hard labor nowadays because most ppl have at least an SPM qualification (or MORE) that allows them better job opportunities (even a waiter or a janitor is still quite a comfortable job compared to a construction laborer). And hey, I hear that even with a PMR you can begin work as a junior office boy! On the other hand, crime rates are skyrocketing because of the foreign workers. Conclusion is.. there's nothing that doesn't come with a price. The increase in crimes is the price we are paying for development.

Posted on: 2008/1/7 15:13

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.