New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Kuching is the Cleanest City, Healthiest City but ...
Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

reid wrote:
Anyone knows the % of TPK's work force that is imported, and how often have they been involved in crime?

Maybe WinteRose can answer that. He/She's got humongous information database from a collective list of 'speculations, observations, and mixture of facts.'

Posted on: 2008/1/9 7:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

WinteRose wrote:
Going slightly off-tangent here....

Of course my take on the issue is biased because it's MY opinion, based on a mixture of facts, observations and speculations. It's a matter for discussion and everyone is entitled to their own ideas depending on what angle they look at things, no? The world will be such a boring place if everyone look at things from the same angle.

Arguments are good, you get to know what other people think (because the world does not exists for you alone -or vice versa), you can agree or disagree but it's not your right to condemn them for their ideas because that's just 'narrow-minded'.

Arguments in forums can be dangerous though, in the sense that it could end up in a 'flame war' due to immature and narrow-minded ppl. But I don't think anyone here is like that, yeah?

So yeah.. No offence to anyone, k? OK, back to topic!

Nobody is showing any rights here. It's just a healthy discussion and arguements against each other's opinions.

so if you feel offended by my remarks, I'm sorry, that is they way I am in this forum. Like you said, arguements are good. But I am not in anyway, trying to make everyone to look from my angle, I am just arguing on my own and I am entitled to my own opinions.

Anyone can agree with me, if they think I am correct, and what I argue are more accurately detailed. Nobody forces anyone to agree with anyone.

'Flame war'? Well it happens anywhere, in the media, such as newspaper, television, radio, it happens every day. The good thing is, opinions are spoken out to the public, not being colonised by the dictator, such as the government and the local media stations.

Posted on: 2008/1/9 7:41

Home away from home
From in your mind
Don't get me wrong. I'm not offended. It's just that sometimes your comments come across as being a wee bit condescending (maybe you didn't mean it that way and I overanalyze things, but that's the danger of media that you dunno who you're talking to.. misuderstandings are bound to happen).

However, being in alof of online forums of varying interests for many years, I learn not to judge a person too harshly just by what they wrote. Everyone's entitled to their opinions and ppl have different styles of expressing their opinions. I don't have to agree with what you said and vice-versa. Because if either one of us were to do that, it makes us no better than mindless dull-witted 'puppets' that say yes to everything. If that's the case, we shouldn't even be in a so-called 'interactive' forum. Right?

Posted on: 2008/1/9 8:23

Home away from home
From Australia
Well in some instances, it is happening in this forum and we are not seeing things. Some many a time, I see people trying so hard to be so positive, and once negativity hits, they get so offended.

I am always on the negative side, in this forum only. As I see the way Kuching evolves alongside this forum, is way too childish. Any changes they see happening is regarded as a good thing, but not picturing them in a bigger scale, and not all developments and buildings are positive.

I know because I study developments, in and outside of Kuching, and it is always safer to escalate concerns based on what you learn and see happening in another city or country.

Anyway, I guess, what we are arguing that the moment is related to this thread as well, it's so general anything to do with kuching and the way it behaves deserves some opinions here.

Posted on: 2008/1/9 8:41

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.