tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

JPJ Undercover !
Webmaster
From Kuching
This is somehow scary

1st the JPJ has the authority to saman you like the police.
2nd, there was a time where the JPJ requested for firearms
and now JPJ can go undercover like police!

I wonder if this is news is applicable to Sarawak.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

JPJ officers to go undercover to film errant motorists

By ROYCE CHEAH

KUALA LUMPUR: From today, three Road Transport Department (JPJ) squads in each state will go undercover in unmarked cars armed with video camcorders to film errant motorists in action.

The videos will later be used as evidence against the traffic offenders who will be fined RM300 each. The JPJ undercover teams will supplement the police in Ops Sikap XII to reduce the number of road accidents and fatalities during the Chinese New Year festive period.

The JPJ teams, who will be on patrol for the next two weeks, will be on the lookout for traffic offenders, especially those who jump queue or use emergency lanes to beat traffic jams.

“We want to send the message to the public that somebody is watching,” said JPJ deputy director-general Solah Mat Hassan.

He added that enforcement officers would be patrolling highways and major roads.

“There will be at least three teams in each state to film those who flout the law,” he said after the launch of the Chinese New Year road safety campaign here yesterday.

Solah said those caught on camera committing an offence would be sent a notice under Section 114 of the Road Transport Act 1987. They would be required to turn up at state departments for an “investigative interview” and to view the footage.

“Should they fail to turn up after two weeks, they will be blacklisted and the compound amount will be doubled,” he said.

“In other words, those who fail to turn up within the two weeks will have to pay RM300 for not obeying the notice to turn up for the 'investigative interview' and another RM300 for the actual offence committed.”

Solah advised the public to go to the department immediately if they were issued the notice.

As a matter of precaution, Solah said that motorists would not be stopped by JPJ enforcement officers in plainclothes. He advised the public to ignore anyone in civvies claiming to be JPJ officers and lodge a complaint at the respective state departments.

“Our operation procedure prohibits our officers from stopping motorists for any reason to avoid causing traffic jams and preventing cases of bogus officers stopping the public. They are there to observe and film errant motorists.”

Malaysian Institute of Road Safety director-general Prof Dr Radin Umar Radin Sohadi said this move was just a component of a comprehensive enforcement system.

“JPJ's focus will be on emergency lanes, junctions and traffic lights and I believe it will increase the public's awareness that they have a high chance of being caught,” he said.

Prof Radin Umar added that it was now up to motorists to drive safely and be more considerate on the road, adding that this move was merely a “warm up” to the Automated Enforcement System

News from The Star

Posted on: 2007/2/11 8:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: JPJ Undercover !
Home away from home
From miri
I think there will be a fine line between what it is that seemed to be recorded and what actually happens.

For example, a kancil suddenly swerves into your way and you had to take evasive action, swerving to the opposite lane.

And they caught you at an angle that the Kancil isn't in the video. Now how're you gonna explain that?

Posted on: 2007/2/11 11:16

Webmaster
From Kuching
u got a point there. they're doing this on chinese new year and lets see if they are doing this on other festive like Hari Raya.

Of all the government bodies. JPJ enforcement is the one I dislike the most.

I don't know why but everytime they come up with a law/rule trying to "solve problem" but I never once feel that they were ever really sincere about it.

Posted on: 2007/2/11 12:00

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
undercover? go to chia chua sibo?

Posted on: 2007/2/11 23:32

Home away from home
From Australia
I wouldn't complain if they are going to hunt down the mat-rempits

Posted on: 2007/2/12 6:16

Home away from home
From kuciang
..undercover JPJ is not relevant & there will backlash - in the form of imposter.many serious crimes were already being commited by those imposters.now with the undercover JPJ,its another opportunity for those bad guys to impersonate as uniformed officers-to rob,kill or even rape.even my old folks ever got cheated by these water-filter salesmen,claiming they were assigned by Water Board to supply water filter to homes and when my old folk let them in , they became rough & they forced my parent to buy ! this might be off-topic a bit,remember the incident when one guy behind padungan road got shot by the custom?.so for the above case ,its just like arming the uniformed oficer without really going thoroughly ,the pros & cons.when i heard our g'vnt wants to arm our local enforcement officer,i got this "anxiety".

Posted on: 2007/2/12 15:08

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
did you know that if JPJ officer see your car illegally modded or parked illegally or driving like a madman, they can still saman you with out actually stopping you there and then? You will recieve a HUNG BAO at the end of the month!

So behave yourselves on the road please~!

Posted on: 2007/2/12 23:01

Home away from home
From miri
....which means they can do so with any car they like since there is no evidence, even if you really didn't do it. That's a stupid thing.

Posted on: 2007/2/13 0:05

Home away from home
From Australia
It is not stupid, that is desperate.

Finding any possible way to penalise motorist.

Well, now that we know JPJ has dispatched this undercover JPJ officer, it is our responsibility then to ask for their officer ID card before we go on with any conversation with the potentially suss undercover officer.

If they refuse to, giving all sorts of excuses not to let you see their badge/id or anything, just drive off, you can head to the nearest police station to make a report.

We as the citizen of Malaysia has the right to ask for identification to any suss cops.

It is the people that can make the changes to the country, not the government, if you let the government to take over, you are not much difference from being governed by communist.

Posted on: 2007/2/13 6:32

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
From wat I know mostly who kena this type of saman was really at fault. tinted la... ginourmous exhaust... run red lights... queue cutting...

So far I have not heard of anyone being falsely accused of errors in driving. so far.

Posted on: 2007/2/13 8:33

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]