Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Motorbikes for Mat Rempit who Help Curb Crime
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
From the Star

16/02/07

Quote:

BALING: Putera Umno will reward Mat Rempit here with motorcycles for helping police detain snatch thieves.

Its chief Datuk Abdul Azeez Abdul Rahim said the incentive was one way of curbing snatch thefts in the Baling district and to encourage the illegal racers to be police informants.

However, he added, before the Mat Rempit could take home the motorcycle, they would have to catch at least 30 snatch thieves and be rewarded RM50 per head.

“Once they catch at least 30 snatch thieves, we will reward them with a motorcycle each as an incentive,” he said.

Abdul Azeez’s offer came two days after the Home Ministry decided to call off the Government’s lucky draws – with a Perodua MyVi and Suzuki scooter as the top prizes – to entice Malaysians to apply for MyKad.

Minister Datuk Seri Radzi Sheikh Ahmad said it was the responsibility of all citizens to get the document and there should not be any need to offer them “carrots” to do so.

Yesterday, Abdul Azeez visited snatch theft victim Fazzilah Yaakob, 32, who was warded at Baling Hospital.

Fazzilah sustained injuries after she fell off her motorcycle in front of a supermarket in Pulai here last Sunday. She lost RM1,300 in cash and jewellery in the incident.

Abdul Azeez, who is also Baling Umno Youth chief, said the victim’s condition was compounded after she was knocked down by a car while giving chase to the snatch thief.

“We want to kick off this pioneering idea in the Baling area where there are many Mat Rempit roaming around. Instead of wasting their time, they might as well help police combat crime,” he added.

Source

What do you guys think of this?

Though I think its creative, I don't think creating vigilantism is a very good idea.

At $50 a pop and a motorbike??? Maybe its enough incentive for me to quit my job here, move to KL, and wear my underpants outside and start catching thieves

Posted on: 2007/2/16 9:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Motorbikes for Mat Rempit who Help Curb Crime
Home away from home
From Kuching
That's.... creative.

Posted on: 2007/2/16 9:58

Home away from home
From kuciang
... over creative..sometimes,i cant understand how some authorities gets things done - properly

Posted on: 2007/2/16 10:10

Home away from home
From miri
If I bust a huge international drug syndicate, do I get a mansion and a ferrari? and USD 50,000 per head?

Posted on: 2007/2/16 10:28

Home away from home
From Australia
as always, brain of a 5yo, that's Malaysian government.

Posted on: 2007/2/16 10:32

Home away from home
From Kuching
Stupid suggestion. Just leave the job to the police.

Posted on: 2007/2/16 20:07

Webmaster
From Kuching
A stupid suggestion.

They will probably scrap the idea off in the end just like the A Myvi lucky draw for MyKad applicants.

Posted on: 2007/2/16 20:44

Just can't stay away
From Sarawak
Recently I read one article in local newspaper saying that one of the city in China banned the use of motorcycles in the city. The purpose is to reduce (1) Air pollution (2) Road accident and (3) Snatch theives....

Posted on: 2007/2/17 10:10

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

s52006 wrote:
Recently I read one article in local newspaper saying that one of the city in China banned the use of motorcycles in the city. The purpose is to reduce (1) Air pollution (2) Road accident and (3) Snatch theives....

I been to several part of China which includes Beijing and Shanghai. One of the best thing i like is, no motobikes !

The license for motocycles there are far higher than cars. they discourage people from using it.

They use a electric bicycle instead which powers up the paddling of their bicycles. Different from motobike because it moves in a moderate speed.

I hope one day Malaysia would too do the same. Just like the law of the firecracker, if a certain amount of ppl abuse it, then bann it !

Posted on: 2007/2/17 10:20

Home away from home
Quote:

edgar wrote:
as always, brain of a 5yo, that's Malaysian government.

Quote:

BALING: Putera Umno will reward Mat Rempit here with motorcycles for helping police detain snatch thieves.

Its chief Datuk Abdul Azeez Abdul Rahim

Careful. Putera UMNO is a wing of a political party, and its chief is not part of elected government.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 14:51

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.