tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: You know ..............
Home away from home
From Kuchingite
borneo highland? i thought it is reachable by their own 4WD only? can we drive up?

Posted on: 2007/3/5 18:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching Sarawak
Ok.

You drive up to Borneo Highlands entrance. Park your car around that area. There will be a truck to bring guests up. The ride up takes about 20 mins like that. Long winding and steep roads. Up is damn slow lar and noisy too.

Temperature there is sayang not cold, just cool. According to them 18-28C. Got 18-hole golf course, nice gardens, swan lake, rabbit park, jungle spa with jacuzzi, sauna and steambath (which wasnt working when i was there). Swimming pool's water is damn cold i tell you.

Food served there in their own coffeehouse is only vegetarian. Most of them are grown by them, which is organic vege.

Visit their website here : www.borneohighlands.com.my

Posted on: 2007/3/6 15:41

Interesting Kuching Blog : KIREISAN

Home away from home
Quote:

Resuree wrote:
borneo highland? i thought it is reachable by their own 4WD only? can we drive up?

last few years when it just opened for a while, my family and I went there up to the resort by our own MPV although they offered us to use their 4wd.. not sure whether now they still allow personal cars or not.. but i guess letting them drive you up is better as the road is really really steep and with sharp corners, unless you are a well-trained 4wd driver

Posted on: 2007/3/6 21:10

Home away from home
From Australia
Oooooo I like you

I like how you take it out from yourself and into this forum, since you know nobody in this forum and that won't affect your reputation in the society HAHAHA.

Well.... if you are a classic and die hard fans of the Taiwanese or Hong Kong movies, like the super duper MANLY advise, go to the hilltop, parked your car there at night, get out of the car, walked to the cliff, face the bloody city with its night lights, and shout your lungs out, than you feel better....and then... you will fall in love with the guy who brought you up there... LOL... HAHA, funny Chinese movies.

But anyway, back to your problem, I totally understand your situation, I have been there before, moved on and meet new people, who are more sensitive, more matured and have more respect on other people.

Well, if you are in Malaysia, you do tend to get these group of people who would make fun of you, when they know you are an easy target, and when you really had enough of it, and take it out on them, they would regard you as 'small gas' and that you are immatured and you cannot take jokes and stuff.

Well they are totally wrong, and they have no rights to regard you in such way because everyone has feelings, and I am pretty sure they wouldn't want other people to insult them on the other way.

Well, it's just about time, when you grow, you meet more people, and you will find some more sensible, more sensitive and someone who respect you more.

If I ever meet such people again (your group of friends), I would just leave them and not participate in any of their conversation, because it is simply not worth it, you deserves better treatment.

Posted on: 2007/3/7 8:09

Home away from home
From Kuching
Since there is topic discussing about getting along with ppl, would like to hear anyone's opinion.

"BOSS IS ALWAYS RIGHT". What do you think of this?

Boss is always right because he is a boss?
Do you respect your boss.
You respect him/her because he/she is the Boss or he really own the respect.

If you really don, then is it something right or wrong just within the company?

Posted on: 2007/3/8 1:39

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

chinchze wrote:
Since there is topic discussing about getting along with ppl, would like to hear anyone's opinion.

i'll quit the company immedialtely if my opinions and idea are not respected. Boss is also human. boss makes mistake. Its a bad management.

Posted on: 2007/3/8 2:23

Home away from home
From Australia
BOSS is always right, there is no questions about that.

But if he is wrong, and he deserves to be commented, well, only if he is really wrong and not your fault, or you are being treated badly or injusticely, you can take it on him.

but at the end of the day, you just have to be tolerate, because again, he is your boss, he has higher experience than you, which is how he actually got to that positions, at he needs a little bit of respect.

But again like I said, if he made mistakes, he is still in the wrong side of things at the end.

Posted on: 2007/3/8 6:02

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

chinchze wrote:

.."BOSS IS ALWAYS RIGHT" - WRONG.the boss is also simply... a human & his fart is damn smelly too,at times.so does our old folks,they are not always right.doesn't meant they 've eaten more salt,they are wiser.this notion applies to us when we gets older too - we're not necessary always right.
some boss works their way up diligently,honestly and compassionately.some works their way up by trampling on their peers's head - the crocked way.when you think your boss is always right,he/she may not think so just becos he/she got another boss to refer too.a boss is well respected if he can satisfied all his sub-ordinates or workers.not easy - but there are bosses who are given the thumps-up by all his workers(true case).i had bosses that i respected & bosses that i gave the "middle finger".i know its not easy to be a boss but when you're being dealt the card,you got to play it well.any of you can be a boss - whether in a small company or a big corporation.humbilty is very crucial when you deal with your staffs.human factors comes into play.many times in my life,i prefered to be a "small" boss ..over to you.screw me if you pple's opinions "clashes" with mine

Posted on: 2007/3/8 9:08

Home away from home
From Kuching Sarawak
Boss is Boss la.

There is the good boss, who always give opportunity to his employees, allow them to bring up suggestions, rewards them accordingly to the company's profits, appreciates their effort and gives review and annual praise and salary increment on time

Then there is the bad boss. Everything they say is final. Ask for suggestion but its only for them to hear. Review is always late. Only appreciates their own "relatives" & apple polishers and side with them.

Posted on: 2007/3/8 16:41

Interesting Kuching Blog : KIREISAN

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Quote:

spice_g1 wrote:
But sometimes people tend to go overboard and humiliate you in public, which should never be an option.

Thats what makes life so interesting. If it was not for that, then you would not have juicy stories to tell your boy-boy after work. . Then again humiliating friends in public is a mean spirited thing to do. I'd say your quite sporting to keep your cool under those circumstances. Those sort of friends should be thrown away.

Quote:

edgar wrote:

But anyway, back to your problem, I totally understand your situation, I have been there before, moved on and meet new people, who are more sensitive, more matured and have more respect on other people.

OMG, edgar you have been publicly humiliated before? do tell....

---

Taunts and jokes no matter wat country you go to, you cannot hide from it one. It's human nature. End of the day is how you deal with it. How you learn from the experience, and instead of focusing on the negative, how to make it into a positive take.

Posted on: 2007/3/9 2:47

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]